PDA

View Full Version : Auto box questions.

jotter22
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 07:59
Can some one answer these questions please?
1. When i select 1,2 or 3 manually i get an orange arrow on the dash is this normal?
2. The sport/overide button does not seem to do anything is there a simple way of checking it is working?

Thanks Tony.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 10:38
The S/E/W buttons only change the point at which the gear change occurs. Auto box has its own ECU. Sports should hang onto the gears for longer. IIRC there is also a kick down switch on the throttle pedal - which is audible when the engine is not running.

IIRC the only time you need worry is if the orange arrow is flashing. I remember on my 850R that it also comes on in Winter modes. Read the owners manual if you still have it. Otherwise I will have to go outside & read mine. LOL

jotter22
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 10:43
Lol no the arrow is solid not flashing...is there not a light or symbol for the sports mode?

Tony.

Nealevo
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 10:50
The orange arrow is normal in 1,2,3 only worry if its flashing and this will indicate PNP switch fault. there is no light when you are in sport mode except near the actual switch which turns the green light off and goes orange, drive normal and press sport button if the revs hold until the redline the its working... but dont do this in town as it will make a mess... :-)

jotter22
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 10:54
The orange arrow is normal in 1,2,3 only worry if its flashing and this will indicate PNP switch fault. there is no light when you are in sport mode except near the actual switch which turns the green light off and goes orange, drive normal and press sport button if the revs hold until the redline the its working... but dont do this in town as it will make a mess... :-)

I have not noticed a light will have to look tonight

Tony.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 10:58
Rtfm!

jotter22
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 12:00
Rtfm!

? i dont know what that means.....

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 12:31
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

There are other acronyms available such as GIYF (Google is your friend) or LMJGTFY (Let me just Google that for you).

But never mind...

Some of my other favs include

and finally

jotter22
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 13:22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

There are other acronyms available such as GIYF (Google is your friend) or LMJGTFY (Let me just Google that for you).

But never mind...

Some of my other favs include

and finally

:uglyhamme i consider myself told.....
Tony.

jotter22
Wednesday 27th February 2013, 13:30
I have not noticed a light will have to look tonight

Tony.

Nope i have looked and RTFM but top no avail....can someone point me in the direction of said switch or button please.
I can only see the shift lock overide.

Tony.