PDA

View Full Version : Last chance for Volvo ownership, Hope blacky pulls through

merc85
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 21:30
Well last wkend i changed the 15g to the 18t as the turbo return was leaking, whilst i was at it i also changed the Exhaust manifold.

Ive had this before when i last changed the mani it started to blow as the studs work loose.

I covered around 125 trouble free miles car going really well.

Parked it up Sunday evening all good, Went out to it Monday to go to work and the mani was blowing a goodin.

Got her home that day and sure enough 2 Studs had worked loose, i tighten'd these up but it was still blowing.

One of the studs had snapped?? and sure enough causing her to blow. Ive just about had enough with Volvo's tbh. Broke my Red one which was a great example, and now all this hassel.

So im now stuck with a dilemma, Do i change the head on black and use the Ported n Polished head which deffo gave soo much improvement to the power, or change the whole engine and Gearbox and subframes over to blacky.

I Think i'm goin to go with the 2nd option as the Auto lump is such a sweat powerfull lump. But im just worried about transfering the starting issue that the red car had to the black one tho be it extremley slim as it seemed to be a electrical fault when the car was cold. (surly mechanical fault) would be there all the time??

Tbh if this does happen i will be done with Volvo ownership and all the hassle that has gone with it.

Engine and gearbox change within the next 2 wks when i can be bothered. any advise would be apreciated.

If i just change the heads it means at least another head gasket and manifold gaskets.

:bricks::bricks:

p fandango
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 21:32
don't re-use the studs/nuts & use genuine Volvo ones

T5frankie
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 21:33
seems everyone has trouble with these cars, they are getting too old

JamesT5
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 21:59
You do get to your wits end with these cars but they're worth it once they're fixed!

Kingsford G
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:12
seems everyone has trouble with these cars, they are getting too old

New ones brake down too but cost a fortune to fix,at least these aint bad.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:13
The engine on yrs is strong too so might just swap the heads in a day and no heading mate.

T5frankie
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:14
my saffy either needs a new turbo or a new engine and i ££££ed if im fitting a 4th engine in this car just to sell it

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:14
engine transfer otherwise youll have to to the head twice...once now...and once when you put the rest of the engine in!!

stribo
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:20
As you know the history of the engine in the red one, and it's performance, I'd go for a complete engine swap.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:21
Engine swop all day long mate think my green bitch has had 5 different blokes and the sub frame has been out 10 times lol

merc85
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:28
I Hear what everyone is saying, Just abit miffed about the starting issue, and changin the poxy engine n box for the 5th time. Gets F*** boring after a while. cant remeber any of my Merc's needing all this attention tbh

Kingsford G
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:46
I Hear what everyone is saying, Just abit miffed about the starting issue, and changin the poxy engine n box for the 5th time. Gets F*** boring after a while. cant remeber any of my Merc's needing all this attention tbh

U didn`t tune them up like these either.5th time.......pain in the ..s

merc85
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 22:49
U didn`t tune them up like these either.5th time.......pain in the ..s

Frankie got it right with his w210 e55, Thinking §§§§§§ to it all and going back to a proper car

Palmer
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 23:18

Yeah but they needed the gearbox and engine welding back on after they rotted off hahah!

merc85
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 23:21
Yeah but they needed the gearbox and engine welding back on after they rotted off hahah!

not a 211 mate

mitchyboy01
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 01:12
Sorry to hear you're still having problems Merc. I'm resisting the temptation of tuning my T4. Its mapped has zero other mods, goes well and has no problems at all. It's when you play with them it all starts to go wrong! I'm really enjoying not having the worry of tuning and fixing anymore. Just gonna make it look nice and focus on other things in life rather than my bloody Volvo all the time lol

smithy
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 02:23
Easier to just change the engine mate or get a stud extractor and get the stud out .is it snapped inside or can you see the end of it

smithy
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 02:25
And studs can snap in any car not just Volvo mate vauxhall and ford are just as bad

danny-R
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 10:06
Engine swop all day long mate think my green bitch has had 5 different blokes and the sub frame has been out 10 times lol

Really? the little sl@g! haha
My first thought was extracting the stud, when I tried to swap engines n my red one it never ran the same and ended up getting scrapped because of it :(