PDA

View Full Version : Pcv education needed please

Rudeyboy18
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:42
So ive just literally come to realise what a PCV is.... im assuming its the thing in the Imaage attached.?? Well when i did some work on fitting my booast prolems a few months back i did report on snapping a pipe somewhere but i had no idea how to explain it...... Now seeing this diagram i now know i snapped the pipe numbered 12 in the diagram. Its about 3in into to the foam casing on the air intake side of the pipe. What would this cause in perfromance loss etc?? Should i change it asap?? Where would i get it from??

Thanks

Rudeyboy18
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:44
Or it might be the other pipe 14.... its one of them anyway

M-R-P
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:49
It's a well known "snapper" that pipe mate. it could stop your RMS failing should your pcv system get blocked but you might end-up with sludge all over your engine :(

It's probably the most expensive bit of the pcv too.

any of the parts dealers here will be able to sort one out for you.

Kingsford G
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:49
Its a vacuum fromturbo intake pipe to yr intake manifold and yes change it asap cos u`ll have unmonitored air etc

sartain87
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:50
Not sure if its the same as the one on mine, but mines just under the coolant pipe next to the power steering thats split and its leaking air bad.

Frankie diagnosed it for me, and it will be done when the PCV system is changed as a whole.

But my boost is around 8-10psi but because of the leak i wouldnt say i have much performance. One because i dont wanna make it worse and 2 it needs replacing haha

Rudeyboy18
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:56
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=105_919_921&products_id=5535

So i need this ?? If so i will order tonight and not drive the car until i fit it. I have had the car spaz out and the Engine electronice fault light come up and boost then reduced from 17/18 back down to 12. Then its ok again....

So i guess this could be the problem

M-R-P
Monday 18th February 2013, 23:11
Yep, could cause a spaz session.

Rudeyboy18
Monday 18th February 2013, 23:33
Thanks guys..... Just ordered the new breather hose and some Black and clear rear chav Lights also fell into my basket....... Oops!! Oh well early birthday present for me

M-R-P
Monday 18th February 2013, 23:42
Cool - will you be making it to the softies meet on the 24th?

Rudeyboy18
Monday 18th February 2013, 23:44
As i have been away from the site for so long i didnt realise there was one. But i think im free. Is it same place and time as usual?? That pub near romsey with the square burgers

M-R-P
Monday 18th February 2013, 23:51
Yes it is mate link (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?49009-Southern-softies-meet-14-00hrs-Sunday-24th-at-the-Vine-%29)

Be good to see you there :D