PDA

View Full Version : not very impressed

graemewelch
Sunday 17th February 2013, 18:30
thought as weather was ok today id give my car a bit of clean. seem winter has been harsh to it. the bottom 3rd of the car needs a good claying. and for some reason the drivers front wing is full of swirls. any way few hours after washing i thought id go over it with the quick detailer. whilst doing this i found a horribly scratch. i suspect its been done by some one walking a dog and the lead has caught the bottom of my door. realy gutted about this. makes me wonder i try to keep it looking nice. its like its a up hill battle

M-R-P
Sunday 17th February 2013, 18:37
Gutted for you mate. Looks more like a pedal from a bike of possibly a little scooter/skateboard has done that damage, doubt it was a dog lead.

V70 Graham
Sunday 17th February 2013, 18:41
I hate it when people do that, whoever did it MUST have known the damage they caused !

graemewelch
Sunday 17th February 2013, 18:43
no kids in my street, im surrounded by old people. last year it was a scratch onme bonnet. im going to have a go a it myself. if i make a mess ill just flatten it and give it to some one who wont. ive done loads of painting befor so not that worried about it.

possibly could of been off the bin men moving the wheelie bins. looks about the right hight.

volvokid
Sunday 17th February 2013, 18:53
I know how you feel, cars are always an up hill struggle

Nifton
Sunday 17th February 2013, 19:00
It's always someone else that ruins your work. I hate the general public, I got my car two or three months ago and within 5 days I came back to find a crease on rear drivers side door on the rubbing strip and black plastic burned onto the lower section where some numpty had failed to are the huge red car they parked next to when they reversed out. I feel for ya m8.

Liddo
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 12:48
I know what that is mate (i think) I had the EXACT same thing on my old BM, same scratch and location and it was a trolley in the ASDA car park!

f**kers had squeezed through the gap in the cars :mad:

Get a Volvo touch up kit and and an Artists fine paint brush, that'll sort the scratches out ;)

JamesT5
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 14:25
They're idiots, obviously don't give a flying fart about anyone elses property.

If it's any conciliation, mine is full of battle scars from when the original owner had it, car park dents, roof dents, a poor respray on the drivers side, numerous roof rack scratches, 2 massive rust bubbles on o/s/f wing (new wing from a scrappy needed), scuffs on the rear bumper corner (a common P2 'bump' area for some reason), and Amalthea wheels that look like they've had 983 rounds with a kerb and a tonne of road salt.

Other than that it's not too bad. I'm going to tackle some of these once I've finished rebuilding the suspension and steering system so goodness knows when that will be!

Regards

James

JamesT5
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 14:30
I parked my dad's Skoda VRS up at a Supermarket one day about 3 years ago and when I came out, some rat bag had run a trolley in to the back tailgate leaving 2 large dents in the car where the handles join the edge of the trolley. I had to explain to my Dad why he had 2 big dents in the back of the car, mind you, to look at them I thought it was deliberate given the size and depth of them!

Ever since, I've been even more twitchy about where I park my car, especially in crowded supermarket car parks.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 15:12
Skill swap - you come & do my welding jobs & I'll sort out your swirls?

graemewelch
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 17:13
Get a Volvo touch up kit and and an Artists fine paint brush, that'll sort the scratches out ;)[/QUOTE]

ive got a airbrush gun norm hvlp gun and a compressor ill be sorting it soon. just a job i could do with out. trying to get the car as close to perfect befor i sell it.

graemewelch
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 17:17
Skill swap - you come & do my welding jobs & I'll sort out your swirls?

i give it the works about aug time. the car is 90% swirl free. i think the wings have took the abuse of people walking by and rubbing up against it. i enjoy detailing the car but it dose have a down side. its make you notice every single defect. no matter how small.

drop me a pm about your welding jobs im sure we can sort sumit out. even better if can post the parts

kyboy
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 23:42
I tell ya what it looks like mate,mobility scooter some old dear did it to my mums polo and just rode off after as if nowt had happened,they think they can squeeze past owt!!!

Nifton
Wednesday 27th February 2013, 22:15
Well, after all my hard work this weekend some (unt has put a load of metal deep chips and two dents the whole length of my drivers side along with loads of micro chips like it's had gravel kicked at it. It was in my works yard for 20 minutes, I am §§§§ing seething, it's a good job I noticed on the way to catch a flight or I would've probably gone back to work and done something stupid.