PDA

View Full Version : Red door light won't go off ... ???

st1t5
Friday 15th February 2013, 17:37
The red warning light on the passenger door of our 99plate C70 is not going off when the door is closed which is resulting in a drained battery, I have removed the bulb for now but anybody any ideas why it won't go out ?

volvokid
Friday 15th February 2013, 17:51
Tried cleaning the switch on the door?

st1t5
Saturday 16th February 2013, 18:46
Tried cleaning the switch on the door?

Excuse my ignorance, what switch is that ?

volvokid
Saturday 16th February 2013, 18:53
I'm sure it's a rubber one that's attached to the door somewhere , it's in that area somewhere.

cameron
Tuesday 19th February 2013, 18:56
The light switch is in the actual door lock, the door shuts onto the catch on the b post and pushes the button down but the plastic on the catch wears away and it doesnt push the lock round enough to make contact with the light switch. Mine is doing exactly the same ( 98 C70 ) thats why ive dismantled the door today. I think the best thing to do is buy new or newer ( not so worn down ) door catches. Thats what i intend to try anyway :D

st1t5
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 22:56
The light switch is in the actual door lock, the door shuts onto the catch on the b post and pushes the button down but the plastic on the catch wears away and it doesnt push the lock round enough to make contact with the light switch. Mine is doing exactly the same ( 98 C70 ) thats why ive dismantled the door today. I think the best thing to do is buy new or newer ( not so worn down ) door catches. Thats what i intend to try anyway :D

Cheers Cameron.
I found out that sometimes you can get away with building up with tape the white striker that connects with the micro switch when door is shut, this should allow for a better contact.

Was the door card and lock assembly easy enough to strip down ?

cameron
Friday 22nd February 2013, 18:15
Yeah its not a hard job if youve got half an idea of what your doing :D

LeeT5
Wednesday 27th February 2013, 11:33
From what i can remember it is the switch inside the door lock. The only way to cure the fault is to replace the entire door lock assembly.
My boot lock used to do it. Annoying i know.