PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Rubbers

wright_t5
Monday 10th October 2005, 17:02
Hi,

Anyone out there have any comments on what's best to replace the suspension rubbers around the front of the 850, standard T5 suspension, just getting tired with loads of miles, feels loose and wobbly....

Wanna stiffen it up a little but without loosing ALL of the comfort that they give...

Suppliers would be nice too if you have recommendations....

:B_steerin

Wobbly Dave
Monday 10th October 2005, 17:13
do you mean suspension bushes?

Replacing the anti-roll bar drop links is easy - ~17 quid each from Volvo. Required a 16mm open ended spanner and a 15mm socket.

Top mounts are a bit more tricky. VT have 'em on the shelf (not sure of price). Using Volvo originals will retain your ride comfort and improve the handling.

Consider replacing your front shocks too.

BlackBeast
Monday 10th October 2005, 17:34
A friend of mine has been caught out using motor factors top mounts instead of OE mounts, he fitted them and went for a spin up the road just to check everything was secure and correct a nice little dent comes up on the bonnet and the car falls on one side, yes you guessed it, the top mount and broken and that was the shock hitting the bonnet. Ok this was a Vauxhall Astra, but still, for vital equipment like bushes i would use OE every time.

Do the bounce check to see if your shocks are gone before splashing out the cash.

wright_t5
Monday 10th October 2005, 17:36
Sounds like your saying that "factory" bushes are the best for the job.....

I have a friend who changed the rubber bushes on his Saab for poly ones, all he did after that was moan about how "vibby" the ride was!!!!

Cheers for that.......

BlackBeast
Monday 10th October 2005, 17:41
Poly bushes are a different bucket of fish to motor factor bushes aswell as factory bushes. Polys will last forever but you will feel much more of the road.

Totally agree with what WD says, if you want a comfort feeling without it being harsh then "factory" bushes are the way to go.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 10th October 2005, 23:14
I have polybushes and cant say its any different at all, i just know i wont be replacing em in next 2 years.

roy chu
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 10:15
How much does it cost to get the bushes replaced on the car?

Roy