PDA

View Full Version : Engine acceleration <2000 RPM problems

Astro
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:21
Hi everyone,

I'm french speaking, i'll try to explain my porblem both in FR and EN.
EN :
under 2000 rpm, the engine has little stop, after 2000 rpm nothing happens but i noticed loss of power.
2.3 T5 C70 1998, 190.000 km.
we just changed the catalytic, the fuel filter, the spark plugs.(900€ :slap: )
My car is LPG equiped, and the problems happen both fuel|LPG.
The Volvo Dealer doesn't see anythig when testing diagnostic(OBDII).
No error found.
- what could be the problem source?
- The turbo doesn't blow < 2000 rpm? (if it doesn't, impossible to be that !)
- Who can help me?????

We were thinking about "lighting|ignition" problem. could it be? and of course how can i test it?

Thanx for your attention, sorry for mistakes, translation errors .

FR :

Bonjour, pour ceux qui comprennent le français, c'est plus facile pour moi, bien évidemment.
En dessous de 2000 tr/min le moteur a des ratés, des petites coupures.
ma voiture est équipée au LPG, mais les problèmes apparaissent au LPG comme à l'essence.
Nous avons changé le catalyseur, les bougies, le filtre a essence. (900€ ça fait mal).
Le garage Volvo ne détecte pas d'erreur dans son diagnostic (OBDII).
- Qu'est-ce-qui peut provoquer ça?
- le turbo ne souffle pas en dessous de 2000 tr/min, donc ne pourrait pas provoquer ces ratés ?..
- Qui peut m'aider ??

Nous pensions à un problème d'allumage, mais comment tester ça?

Merci pour votre attention.
A bientôt.

Astro
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 09:34
Help

t5owner
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 09:49
"under 2000 rpm, the engine has little stop"

Hi astro not quite sure what you mean by the above perhaps a bit more clarity in your translation could help as then we might have an idea as to what exactly it is your trying to get across

Cheers

stuart

Redbrick
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 10:08
Below 2000 rpm the engine accelerates smoothly, above 2000 the engine has no go and a loss of power.

Problem occurs on both petrol and LPG.

So.... boost leak? Split in one of the pipes off the intercooler or leading to the turbo?

Just trying to help.

Failing that find another Volvo dealer that is better than the one you are using.

Astro
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 12:24
Thanks for your help.

In fact, under 2000 rpm, during the acceleration, the acceleration has little cut or split (maybe the appropriate word).

Then of course i'll change dealer, but maybe just giving a track to investigate.
Could it be the Turbo? even under 2000 rpm ?
The ignition ?

But the real question is WHO could help me?
My (ex) dealer has nothing wrong on the diagnostic.

I'm lost, and disappointed.

:(

Meffs is trying to help me. We are working on.
Thanx all.

chriskay
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 14:56
He's saying that under 2000 RPM the engine is missing/cutting out.(ratés/coupures). Can't be of any more help.Cheers, Chris.

t5owner
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 15:21
He's saying that under 2000 RPM the engine is missing/cutting out.(ratés/coupures). Can't be of any more help.Cheers, Chris.

Gotcha,

Could therefore be blocked or partially blocked injectors possibly dizzy/rotor arm combo possible misfire due to an HT lead or spark plug failing or failed if you`ve just changed them did you set the correct spark gap or they could be damp or water resting on top of the block check under top cover on engine (the 20 valve legend cover) possible maff misfunction (not sure on this one)

Blockage in one of the injector fuel feed lines?

Meffs should be able to sort it

Cheers

stuart

Astro
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 15:22
;)
Thanx