PDA

View Full Version : C70 Heater fan

chrisall
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:07
The other day I noticed that my heater fan wasn't working, found the fuse was blown & replaced it but now it only works on the highest setting. Is the switch itself or is it a new motor that's required? How do I get the wooden insert off that surrounds the stereo & heater controls so I can have a look?

Cheers,
Chrisall.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:22
Heater fan motor is behind the glove box

chrisall
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:39
Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow. BTW - did you seem my post about possible ABS fault? I still have the misfire for a couple of seconds whilst the SRS light is on, brakes are absolutely cr*p again & judder like hell - feels like warped discs, but they've only done around 1000 miles. I may be being thick bit I don't seem to have an ABS light ?!?!? Does the ABS ECU have a fuse that I can pull to try & isolate the problem?

Cheers,
Chrisall.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:51
I don't remember about your ABS, if I didnt reply (and I usually do) then I apologise. You might have a bulb out on the dash which is stopping it coming on. Check and replace as necessary.
Fuse #14 is usually the one that does the ABS control unit. See in the classified - http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=224 on unit repair and here http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3897 on unit removal.

You can warp disks within 5 miles if you are not careful. I cannot say without looking.
I suggest you ring VT and get the whole car checked over? You can get the disks skimmed if they are not toooo bad. The judder - does it occur from high speed braking or all the time?

Removing the fan - I would get yerself a Haynes book of lies (it is actually quite accurate in this instance) and a 2nd hand fan from Salvo (forum discount applies)

chrisall
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 11:20
The judder is just when you brake. At low speeds you can feel it through the pedal .... classic symptom of warped discs. The car was like that when I bought it & so I changed the discs & pads which haven't lasted so I'm guessing there's something else at fault. What gets me more is the ABS thing, but now I'm not sure if it is that because the misfire is only present when the SRS light is on. I take it there is a separate light to the the SRS & TRACS ones? My SRS light comes on with the ignition, which I presume is just a bulb check & then goes out after a second or so. Then, when I start the car it comes on for a further second or so ... and that corresponds to the engine misfire. So maybe it's nothing to do with the ABS at all? But then again, maybe faulty ABS has warped the discs. I dunno!!! I need a copy of VADIS, ebay time I reckon.