PDA

View Full Version : 850 fuel and temp gauges

t5owner
Monday 10th October 2005, 14:54
Strange one here

Got a mate who drives a "k" plated 850 saloon not T5 though
He has just noticed a problem with his fuel and temp gauges they both sit at zero reading when he starts the car and don`t move until he drives off they then seem to move in tandem with the speedo i:e up when speed increases and dropping when he slows down he`s a qualified vehicle electrician but even he`s at a loss on this one as even the paynes does`nt show him the complete wire diagram for the dash and assoc wiring

He`s come to the conclusion that the fuel and temp gauges are picking up a signal from the speedo but has no idea why

Any one on here any ideas

Cheers

stuart

LeeT5
Monday 10th October 2005, 16:15
Strange one here

Got a mate who drives a "k" plated 850 saloon not T5 though
He has just noticed a problem with his fuel and temp gauges they both sit at zero reading when he starts the car and don`t move until he drives off they then seem to move in tandem with the speedo i:e up when speed increases and dropping when he slows down he`s a qualified vehicle electrician but even he`s at a loss on this one as even the paynes does`nt show him the complete wire diagram for the dash and assoc wiring

He`s come to the conclusion that the fuel and temp gauges are picking up a signal from the speedo but has no idea why

Any one on here any ideas

Cheers

stuart

Probably a bad earth....i would advise go to dealer on that one. They may have seen it b4.

fireclown
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 13:07
Some older cars were fitted with a voltage stabiliser. not sure about this one. but the syptoms when they go are what you say. best thing to do is see if they do one for this model. hope this helps