PDA

View Full Version : S60 Brake Judder

pyrotechnictigger
Wednesday 13th February 2013, 13:09
Odd one this. At slow speeds, less than 15mph ish, when turning the stearing past about a turn, there can be a quite loud and pronounced brake judder, like the ABS kicking in. Can do the same when braking with the pedal really pulsing. DSTC sometimes kills throttle all together so have to turn it off to start. Faults disapear at normal driving speed but abs is inactive.

It has an abs light for it's last mot. I cleaned all the connectors and front abs sensors which cured the fault. Now I've got abs light again and the above fault. Will get the codes read next week. Dash just says abs antiskid and brake service required.

Any ideas? Cheers :)

S60 T5 04 plate

stribo
Wednesday 13th February 2013, 13:56
It's likely to be either an ABS sensor, or reluctor ring.

pyrotechnictigger
Wednesday 13th February 2013, 20:36
Reluctor ring being a hub off job? I hate ball joints...

stribo
Wednesday 13th February 2013, 21:08
Reluctor ring being a hub off job? I hate ball joints...

Afraid so, best to check the sensors first, also give the reluctor rings a going over with a wire brush, they may just need a clean.

pyrotechnictigger
Thursday 21st February 2013, 18:15
Reluctor ring was broken in two. If anybody's doing this job, it's quite simple. Remove brake caliper and disc as a unit. Remove top two bolts holding hub carrier onto suspension strut. Now use a drift to knock the drive shaft back as far as it will go. Now lower the hub as far down as it will go and the drive shaft can be pulled out from behind the hub. Getting the carrier onto the strut is a pig of a job but easier than removing the hub bolts!

Good luck and thanks Strimbo :)