PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Arrangements

jeleebaby
Monday 10th October 2005, 13:08
Would anyone be interested in having a meet before Christmas, maybe a dinner somewhere? Any ideas or anyone interested? Add your name if you might be up for it and we can decide best location date etc.

Jen

Wobbly Dave
Monday 10th October 2005, 13:17
Having had some experience of booking Team events for xmas we'd need to book ASAP.

I vote for either Tin Tins (Brindley Place) or Bamboo Garden (nr Hippodrome) in the centre of Brum (great Chinese food) or for the Rose & thingy pub wot we have been to before - good parking and good food (near Cov).

I also feel it unfair to expect peeps further away to come to 1 event so I think it might be easier to sort out more localised ones?

Jen, would you like to organise the Midlands?
Volunteers required for Scots (Fraz?), NE (TDS?) and South (Engineer?)

jeleebaby
Monday 10th October 2005, 13:18
I will have a go at organising Midlands, never done this before, but always willing to try. I will start up a midlands Christmas thread for our lot and take it from there.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 10th October 2005, 13:34
I aint got the time to sort it up here Dave, sorry.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 10th October 2005, 13:44
Entirely up to you lot - I was just making a suggestion.

chriskay
Monday 10th October 2005, 13:56
I'd vote for the Rose & Thingy because of the parking. Food's good too.

jeleebaby
Monday 10th October 2005, 14:07
There is a fab chinese restaurant just outside of Brum (Nechelles area) with its own huge car park and it seats 250, food is great too, all the Chinese go there so it must be good!

Martinr
Monday 10th October 2005, 14:07
I've eaten there and I will agree it is good but not cheap!!:(

jeleebaby
Monday 10th October 2005, 14:09
Agreed, maybe we need to decide how much we are all willing or able to spend.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 10th October 2005, 23:18
There is a fab chinese restaurant just outside of Brum (Nechelles area) with its own huge car park and it seats 250, food is great too, all the Chinese go there so it must be good!Aint that a bit like saying all the Northerners go to the Chip Shop so it must be good ?

jeleebaby
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 10:36
Aint that a bit like saying all the Northerners go to the Chip Shop so it must be good ?

Not at all, my Husband is Chinese and you soon get to know that the restaurants that have mainly Chinese customers are serving more authentic food. The Chinese restaurants that are full of English people are a bit more limited in their menu's.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 17:56
That must make you the forum expert so we should follow your lead Jeleebaby