PDA

View Full Version : Just swapped Oranges for Whites!

timbo
Saturday 9th February 2013, 12:54
Got a set of Whites from flea bay, had them flow tested and ultrasonically cleaned, flow test came back as one not flowing correctly and was found to be sticky, so that was fixed, anyway, fitted them this morning(not as hard as i thought it would be!) went for a quick run and the car feels so much better! Power seems to come in smoother and the engines not as "frantic" if you know what i mean. MPG up as well, usualy get between 20-22 mpg round town came back with 29 mpg on the trip computer after 15 miles stop/start around town so all in all well chuffed, off to work later so 50 miles on A roads will see how she does! Wished id done it sooner now!

claymore
Saturday 9th February 2013, 13:01
you would have probably had the same results if you had just got the original ones cleaned

woody
Saturday 9th February 2013, 13:08
I got a set of cleaned oranges and noticed a difference. Smoother and slight increase in mpg. What were whites fitted to originally?

timbo
Saturday 9th February 2013, 13:17
V70 R not sure on the year Woody? Yeh your probably right Claymore but I need the car for everyday use and the whites came up at the right price so thought why not? Saves the car being out of action whilst waiting for the injectors to come back.

LiamT4
Saturday 9th February 2013, 13:23
I got a set of cleaned oranges and noticed a difference. Smoother and slight increase in mpg. What were whites fitted to originally?

They came on the S/V70 T5 and R.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 9th February 2013, 18:32
Got a set of Whites from flea bay, had them flow tested and ultrasonically cleaned, flow test came back as one not flowing correctly and was found to be sticky, so that was fixed, anyway, fitted them this morning(not as hard as i thought it would be!) went for a quick run and the car feels so much better! Power seems to come in smoother and the engines not as "frantic" if you know what i mean. MPG up as well, usualy get between 20-22 mpg round town came back with 29 mpg on the trip computer after 15 miles stop/start around town so all in all well chuffed, off to work later so 50 miles on A roads will see how she does! Wished id done it sooner now!

sounds a great improvement, who did you get to clean and test your injectors and how much did it cost ?