PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoppers of the world unite - Carbon Fibre vinyl roof - yay or nay?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 01:30
Murphy who some of you know owns/runs his own car vinyl wrap company - has offered me a stonking deal on C/F roof panel (in vinyl).

I need to see what it might look like - and whether my piers think this is a good/bad idea.

There are plenty of shots of betsy about - but I thought about the best were these as they have more roof on show.

Its just the roof panel alone I was thinking of?

& yes that is me in both pics.

smithy
Friday 8th February 2013, 02:21
I would say no keep her as a sleeper .

iancho
Friday 8th February 2013, 05:34
I would say yes anything unusal or different i'm in favour of. Betsy needs that "something" on the outside to make her stand from the rest otherwise she is just another plain jane.

After all the work you have put into the engine... Give her a treat and put some makeup on her, every girl like to feel nice.

stribo
Friday 8th February 2013, 06:58
No for me, would look better in a deep gloss black.

MoleT-5R
Friday 8th February 2013, 07:11
I'll wait for the photoshopped pic's before casting my vote, it could look quite nice, but where do you stop ?

claymore
Friday 8th February 2013, 07:24
I would prefer a carbon fiber effect spray job, I'm not keen on the look of carbon fiber vinyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWqBUOaMI0

M-R-P
Friday 8th February 2013, 08:42
I can't get to a decent pc till tonight so I'll have a go then, unless someone beats me to it.

Personally, I don't think it'll work. Possibly black gloss - not sure.

volvokid
Friday 8th February 2013, 08:59
If i had a silver m3 and asked the same question, I'm sure there would be plenty of doubter about pulling it off, but then you see it done on a csl and I'm sure it would change there minds.

V70 Graham
Friday 8th February 2013, 09:44
Really not sure on this one Dave, will hold off till I see the pics :o

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 10:38
I would prefer a carbon fiber effect spray job, I'm not keen on the look of carbon fiber vinyl.

I may play with this technique for the spark plug cover. Thing is without a dark car to start with - you'd need to spray the roof black first - so that's not really viable.

Need Martin to pull up the photoshop version.

M-R-P
Friday 8th February 2013, 10:53
Hope you don't mind waiting till tonight mate, maybe Wayne will see this and have a go?

Where is th judge? not seen him about for a few days.:shifty:

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 10:56
I don't mind waiting.

MIKESC70T5
Friday 8th February 2013, 11:00
If i had a silver m3 and asked the same question, I'm sure there would be plenty of doubter about pulling it off, but then you see it done on a csl and I'm sure it would change there minds.

Sorry mate but the csl has a genuine carbon roof, putting a fake vinyl one on and people would laugh. Dave your car is a sleeper and a beautiful one, so my opinion don't do it.

Redbrick
Friday 8th February 2013, 11:22
Don't do it!!

lol

T5frankie
Friday 8th February 2013, 12:59
I would say yes anything unusal or different i'm in favour of. Betsy needs that "something" on the outside to make her stand from the rest otherwise she is just another plain jane.

After all the work you have put into the engine... Give her a treat and put some makeup on her, every girl like to feel nice.

It would be like putting lipstick on a cow

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 8th February 2013, 13:22
i vote for a single off centre black stripe (wide ish) over the car, inc bonnet and boot.

cant find an example tho'

carbon fibre roof isnt really my thing. there is a saab nearby i see all the time with it, but it is titanium, he has done roof bonnet and boot and it does look good.

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 8th February 2013, 13:24

like this one?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 13:32
i vote for a single off centre black stripe (wide ish) over the car, inc bonnet and boot.

cant find an example tho'

That wasn't even in the pole & I don't own a yellow Ascari - so comparison's cannot be drawn.

Brett855tdi
Friday 8th February 2013, 13:37
I think if you do the roof you should do the bonnet and boot too

Brett855tdi
Friday 8th February 2013, 13:39
And talking about c70s that look like cows... heres mine last year :S

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 14:20
I am almost 80% decided but would want to see the pictures.

shepbomb
Friday 8th February 2013, 14:36
Dave, I will try and play in photoshop later, I had a quick go there but it looked rubbish in all fairness so not even uploading it, although I think the idea of a black roof would look well

LiamT4
Friday 8th February 2013, 18:44
Gloss black, yes, but i'm not so sure about c/f.

Jamest5r
Friday 8th February 2013, 18:49
I reckon a pink roof perfect colour for a hairdresser's car :)