PDA

View Full Version : Atacama? Are you mad?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:06
Daydreaming... reading adverts in the trader. Idea pops into my head.

What about Atacama custom interior for Betsy. The GT interior which I bought 2nd hand - drivers seat pad is shot & the alcantera is worn/heavily bobbled.

I am thinking 4 seats, sun visors and accents in the door cards a la T5 collection style?

The chances of second hand Collection seats from a C70 are practically zero given that only 300 were ever sold in the UK.

Probably cost a grand to do?

or should I just stick with dark?

stribo
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:10
That's what I want for my C70, MRP found a scrapper with one in before Christmas, but it disappeared. :(

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:19
Yep, looked good too. I'm always on the lookout for another set but like you say - rocking horse poo!

V70 Graham
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:22
Hate to say it but the second picture doesn't look at all that bad, all you have to do now is find a decent set.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:28
I don't think they every will turn up. I will get a trimmer to do the work.

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:31
You may well have to mate, I promised the first set I find to Steve.

Don't ask how much ;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:36
How much?

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:36
£55.50

....I said not to ask lol.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:42
Sorry but I don't believe even Colin the benevolent would give a full carded atacama interior for 55 smackers?

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 15:45
Same price I paid for mine :)

Down side is, you gotta pull it out of the car yourself. Saying that, you do get EVERYTHING inside the car for that price.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 16:00
You already have atacama?

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 16:03
No, I mean my interior was the same price.
The scrappy I use works on a 1 price system so if you want an interior for a jag or punto, it's all 55.50. Same with engines, body panels etc.

Think the interior I used was called Gobi.

iancho
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 16:20
I really like it Dave and it would make your car stand out even more... Go for it i say! :B_thumb:

V70 Graham
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 16:21
How much would a trimmer charge to do the job ?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 16:44
How much would a trimmer charge to do the job ?
I'd say about a grand.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 16:51
I'd say about a grand.

Ouch, still for that you would get a very good job, I honestly don't think you will get a decent 2nd hand set come up in good nick.

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 17:00
The one I had lined up for Steve had a slight fade on the driver's bolster and the driver's doorcard was "unknown" as the photos didn't show it but the rest was spotless.
You've seen my seats too Graham, other than the little scuff, again on the driver's bolster, they're perfect.
It's all a matter of time, waiting for the right one to come along. However, Dave is probably better off getting his trimmed if he wants the new interior before he's a grandad lol.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 17:05
The one I had lined up for Steve had a slight fade on the driver's bolster and the driver's doorcard was "unknown" as the photos didn't show it but the rest was spotless.
You've seen my seats too Graham, other than the little scuff, again on the driver's bolster, they're perfect.
It's all a matter of time, waiting for the right one to come along. However, Dave is probably better off getting his trimmed if he wants the new interior before he's a grandad lol.

I have seen yours and they are in good nick, but your right, it could be a long wait.....

t5 pete
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 17:25
A bloke who picked some seating up from me came in a c70 convertible with that interior looked well nice

Kingsford G
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 17:47
My mate had bmw 318 with custom interior and it looked very nice,the leather used was a very good quality one too.

t5 pete
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 17:50
Its only money dave if you can afford it get it done also 99% of the time second hand interior has marks and wear so go for new

shepbomb
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 18:08
I lie it Dave, and think it would look lurrrvly

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 21:06
Its only money dave if you can afford it get it done also 99% of the time second hand interior has marks and wear so go for new

Probably look towards the end of this year. Defo on the wish list.