PDA

View Full Version : indicators not canceling

nottsgreent5
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 22:11
hi guys had this problem for a while only on the left hand indicator what makes them cancel lol

t5 pete
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 22:51
Could be a problem with the indicator stalk not recieving the signal or on the steering coloum its self behind the steering wheel on the ring

merc85
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 23:13
I have spare stalks as im breaking my red 850 t5

nottsgreent5
Monday 4th February 2013, 06:12
I have spare stalks as im breaking my red 850 t5

Ill let you know when i get chance to take the stalk off has yours got cruise control mate

woz
Wednesday 6th February 2013, 22:21
There is a plastic cog/lever on the end of the stalk which is driven by a plastic cam on the steering shaft. Have had a fiddle aroud with it, but cant find a way to fix it. They wear slightly and because its a nylon type material its very difficult to reshape - needs a bit of a melt but exactly how much to build up is as yet a mystery.
I would not mess about with it unless you have a spare (I do ) but the one on the car has been doing the same thing for 2 years now - funny how you get to cancel them without thinking isn't it. Good news is that its easy enough to swap them in and out.

merc85
Wednesday 6th February 2013, 22:27
Ill let you know when i get chance to take the stalk off has yours got cruise control mate

doh.... no bud, she wasnt that posh

nottsgreent5
Thursday 7th February 2013, 09:55
Strangley enough i changed the steering wheel and it seems to of cured the problem lol