PDA

View Full Version : roof bars ????

oblark
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 21:47
What looks the best, with or without roof bars on a estate ???

Nealevo
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 21:48
With, all day long !!!

M-R-P
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 21:50
Without mate. Bars just scream out for a roofbox or some bikes strapped to it :)

V70 Graham
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 21:56
I'd say with

oblark
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 21:56
Without mate. Bars just scream out for a roofbox or some bikes strapped to it :)

As you no mine is without but the trim is knackered but I`ve brought a olive green 850 with roof bars and I`m toying with fitting them.

M-R-P
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 07:09
Ultimately, its your car mate. Sounds like you need the bars to tidy it up. You can always take them off if you decide you hate them.

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 08:58
With surely

Nifton
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 15:10
Hi Oblark, I had same issue with the black shrinking back and cracking on my old 460, So i taped them off, took a scalpel down the edge of the rubber on each side, then sanded them off. A very light coat of etch, just a speckling, then two coats of black vinyl spray from Halfrauds. Job done, took about 2 to 3 hours and looks amazing, job has held for over 18 months so far. To answer your question though, roof bars over non any day ;)

oblark
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 15:17
Hi Oblark, I had same issue with the black shrinking back and cracking on my old 460, So i taped them off, took a scalpel down the edge of the rubber on each side, then sanded them off. A very light coat of etch, just a speckling, then two coats of black vinyl spray from Halfrauds. Job done, took about 2 to 3 hours and looks amazing, job has held for over 18 months so far. To answer your question though, roof bars over non any day ;)

I would do that to mine but the drivers side one is well knackered,

It looks like some tried to fitt roof bars on top of the trim instead of removing it :( so it`s now all twisted up.