PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Auto door lock

LeeT5
Friday 1st February 2013, 02:41
Hi all.

Can anyone help me locate/find how to disable the auto lock feature on a P2 in VIDA please? I can't find it. Volvo turned it on for me last year.

Its a PITA and i want it turned OFF.

Lee.

glock19
Friday 1st February 2013, 02:57
Got from the XC90 manual :
Ignition Key to Pos-II
Cycle through the info dial/button for pending messages
Press and hold the LOCK button at the door (lower left button)
You should see the autoloack feature on the info message after a while
Select from there.
Note: Not all have this feature, so VIDA should apply then

LeeT5
Friday 1st February 2013, 10:48
Got from the XC90 manual :
Ignition Key to Pos-II
Cycle through the info dial/button for pending messages
Press and hold the LOCK button at the door (lower left button)
You should see the autoloack feature on the info message after a while
Select from there.
Note: Not all have this feature, so VIDA should apply then

I'll have a play again when it stops raining, thanks.

volvokid
Friday 1st February 2013, 10:53
I was actually going to ask how to enable it lol. My ipd door pins sometimes rattle but they don't with the doors locked

volvosam76
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 11:14
Got mine disabled on my XC90 using a locksmith. I usually leave all the car stuff for my husband but one morning I accidently got locked out so I called an emergency locksmith blackheath (www.lockmaster1.com/locksmiths-thamesmead-greenwich-blackheath.html) and got me in straight away. During his visit, one conversation led to another, and he had a go at disabling the auto-locks which I found annoying. He just held a button for a while near the door and within a few seconds it was deactivated.

I haven't noticed any changes on the dash/display but for all I'm concerned, it does not auto-lock anymore :biggrin:

LeeT5
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 07:51
I was actually going to ask how to enable it lol. My ipd door pins sometimes rattle but they don't with the doors locked

The auto lock feature on your car Martyn requires a software download at the Dealer. Very cheap, about £30 inc labour.