PDA

View Full Version : fault code: p0108, p1 v70 t5 HELP :)

HowHard
Thursday 31st January 2013, 20:53
Hey guys,

Finally got to use my code reader to find out what the 'lambda light' on my dash is for (I do also have an ABS light on). I actually received the reader last week but when I tried to use it, it kept saying interface not found, tonight I changed the baud rate on scantool and it started working. Much to my delight :)

So, the code it's showing up is: P0108
It says: Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input.

I'm a newb so this means very little to me. Any chance someone could enlighten me as to what this could be/mean?

Oh, I also only paid £7 inc delivery off fleabay for the OBDII - USB so I was shocked it even lit up lol \o/ (more pennies for the parts I need...)

Cheers fellas,

H

deathrider311271
Thursday 31st January 2013, 21:18
P0108 Control module Signal too high / signal too low. Intermittent Fault

its probably your MAP sensor or the wiring to it

HowHard
Thursday 31st January 2013, 23:03
cheers, been Googling and some of it it hurt my head lol but the MAP sensor sounds like it could be right :)

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 1st February 2013, 12:53
the barometric pressure sensor is on a bracket behind the headlight next to the extranal temp sensor on a ph1 v70. we did used to sell quite a few of them.

the map sensor is probably on the pipe just before the throttle body next to the intake temp sensor. - depends on age of car - me7 or earlier. on a t4 its on the intercooler, but always is a wedge shaped sensor .

Dangerous Dave
Friday 1st February 2013, 15:55
Is yours a 1997 V70? If so it will have the M4.4 ecu which does not have a MAP sensor, so it will be the barometric sensor behind the headlight. I've had the code on mine before, I cleaned the connector and it never came up again. Might be worth trying.

HowHard
Friday 1st February 2013, 16:44
Cheers fellas, I'll try and investigate tomorrow!