PDA

View Full Version : Santa Pod!!!!

Mrsmopp
Friday 14th January 2005, 14:24
I have been watching my santa od vids of all the events we did there last year and decided we need something to look forward to.

I would suggest that we book a date towards the end of April (as per last year) to start the SP meets. Is anyone still intested in going this year?

x

Goof
Friday 14th January 2005, 14:37
I'm keen - never been to Pod. Mrs Goof won't be interested, but the kids will!

Mrsmopp
Friday 14th January 2005, 15:01
Oh and for those of us who were looking to try Avon park... http://www.avonparkraceway.com/index.htm..... 2nd April?

x

Waxworks
Friday 14th January 2005, 15:25
MMMMmmmm let me think about that one........
Yes please, count me in!!!!!
The pod has always been a good meet, even when the weather has been against us.
Definately a good place to meet, with plenty to see and hear!
It would be good to see some new faces and volvos this year.
Come on newbies, go on treat yourself!!!
All those T5's in one place, that must be worth going to!
A must if you are a keen Volvo owner.

Mrsmopp
Friday 14th January 2005, 15:27
Yes please, count me in!!!!!

We already do cos you keep blagging a lift in my car!!! :shifty:

x

Waxworks
Friday 14th January 2005, 15:29
We already do cos you keep blagging a lift in my car!!! :shifty:

x
What can i say, the ultimate chaufer driven car.
And the drivers pretty hot too!!
:biggrin:
I'm sooo lucky!

Mrsmopp
Friday 14th January 2005, 15:31
What can i say, the ultimate chaufer driven car.
And the drivers pretty hot too!!
:biggrin:
I'm sooo lucky!

Get you clocking up the brownie points!! What are you up to? :shifty: What have you done??? :shifty:

LOL :wink:

x

Waxworks
Friday 14th January 2005, 15:38
Get you clocking up the brownie points!! What are you up to? :shifty: What have you done??? :shifty:

LOL :wink:

x
Well lets face it, what's better than been driven in a T5?
Being driven by a bird in a T5.
Nuff said me thinks! :banana:

lance
Friday 14th January 2005, 16:10
Im up for pod and particularly Avon park

Mrsmopp
Friday 14th January 2005, 16:12
So 2nd April should be our first calender date then!! :dgrin:

Bring on the 1/4 mile!!

x

Murphy
Friday 14th January 2005, 16:41
I was getting excited then. I thought you meant proper racing when i read avon raceway !?!?

ah well 1/4 mileing is fun :)

Can people let me know if they fancy a bit of trackday fun !?!?

Andy

jp850R
Friday 14th January 2005, 17:54
All sounds really good, dont c any reason y not, either strip for me, both about 2 or more hours away b a nice little drive!, itll b my first time on somethin like that so hope i can make it! :)

Mrsmopp
Friday 14th January 2005, 18:02
JP - we tend to do a cheap travel lodge the night before so that we dont have an early drive there in the morning (its best to get to Santa Pod before 9am) it also means we can have a good meal and a few drinks together the night before. :wink:

x

jp850R
Friday 14th January 2005, 18:34
JP - we tend to do a cheap travel lodge the night before so that we dont have an early drive there in the morning (its best to get to Santa Pod before 9am) it also means we can have a good meal and a few drinks together the night before. :wink:

x

Excellent all sounds good, can u give me some idea of prices 4 strip and lodges etc... just so i have somethin 2 go on :) cheers jp

Mrsmopp
Saturday 15th January 2005, 00:39
We normally pay £35 for the room and its a tenner to get into the pod and £15 to race - money well spent and once you have paid to race you can go up as often as you like.

x

jp850R
Saturday 15th January 2005, 09:35
Bargain :) sounds sweet, thanks 4 info. i like racing :banana: it would b nice 2 try it out altho no mods yet, it will b good 2 c how it improves when i start moddin!

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 16th January 2005, 02:45
I may not be able to hold out that long. April is a long way off. First Pod meet is 23rd Jan but I guess this is a bit soon. Anyway - I am keen to see how the new AT box is performing

Other interesting news is that my best mate is buying a Camaro? (5.7litre V8) and is very keen to test it out. I said I would give him a good thrashing (I hope :shifty: )

wright_t5
Monday 17th January 2005, 07:37
HI,

If you want some company I WILL be there this week-end and the following and...... can't get enough of it, VT this week, all tweaked up hopefully for Sunday... bring it on.... :sinner: even have some throw away tyres speacially for the occasion... let em burn.... :thewave:

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 18th January 2005, 03:21
MrsM. I thought Saturdays were no good for you...? Or are you spliting times between forums...?
How far is Avon Park from Santa POD....I suppose the question is where's Avon Park....?

Pedro Fandango
Friday 21st January 2005, 07:00
i'm up for any meet (either pod or avon), but won't be racing just yet :shifty:

Mrsmopp
Friday 21st January 2005, 10:24
MrsM. I thought Saturdays were no good for you...? Or are you spliting times between forums...?
How far is Avon Park from Santa POD....I suppose the question is where's Avon Park....?

Saturdays aren't normally any good for me but this may be the only AP RWYB meet this year so its a must!

Avon Park in Warwickshire - about another half hour from the Pod but the track isn't up hill and they dont have a rubber surface so we are hoping to get some different times from the pod.

http://www.avonparkraceway.com/map/

Are you up for it?

x

lance
Friday 21st January 2005, 11:39
YES! :thewave: