PDA

View Full Version : More Questions!

mikey32shaw
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 16:07
Right then sorry people just trying to get to know my new car. Asked for a quote for a service on the V70 without changing the plugs they wanted £170 seemed a bit steep to me. I know a air filter is £30 max and they were only gonna do the oil filter and pollen filter and air filter so thats a lot of money for those three things. My questions are.

1 im not that technically minded but can do basic stuff so will do air filter and getting charged £50 for change of oil which i can live with but where is the pollen filter and how much are they ish?

2 is a pollen filter a tough job

3 is there anyone that is local to merseyside that wants to earn some extra cash doing some jobs on my car rather than giving it to a robbing garage.

Mike :-)

M-R-P
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 16:13
Here you go mate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGEINOvEIkM

Pollen filter is about 10-15 quid. Get the one with the plastic frame, not the crappy paper one ;)

mikey32shaw
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 16:20
^^^^^ Superb just what i needed :-) i already love this forum. Take it this is the same on a V70

T5frankie
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 16:28
what model v70 is it?

M-R-P
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 16:46
^^^^^ Superb just what i needed :-) i already love this forum. Take it this is the same on a V70

Exactly the same mate.(that one shows the pollen filter on the wrong side, being american)

Frankie - it's a facelift P2 ;)