PDA

View Full Version : De-cat

Mr Sheen
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 13:21
Just had the cat removed. Not driven the car far yet, sounds a little bit more fruity :banana:

Palmer
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 14:25
What car? :)

T5frankie
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 14:40
will release a few extra ponies and the sound will be niiiiiiiiice

Mr Sheen
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 21:15
what car? :)

850 t5.

Mr Sheen
Thursday 24th January 2013, 12:12
Finally had a decent drive since de-cat. Bit more noise when cruising, but feck does it feel much sharper on acceleration. :smlove2:

p fandango
Thursday 24th January 2013, 16:12
they do make a good bit of difference, especially when some say there not a restriction lol

HowHard
Thursday 24th January 2013, 21:07
excuse the stupidity, I'm a newbie really... I can't seem to find a de-cat for mine, P1 V70 T5. (I can hear you all laughing at me!) :D Surely it's not illegal? Anyhoo, any chance someone could point me to the right place or should I just get a piece made and get my m8 to weld it in?

Also, will there be any problems with MOT?

LiamT4
Thursday 24th January 2013, 21:11
Yes, unless you know a friendly mot place ;-)

Just find a custom exhaust place to make one, it won't cost that much either.

BTW, unless you have an 850 with just the one lambda sensor, it will bring up the emissions light on the dash.

jotter22
Friday 25th January 2013, 07:37
Yes, unless you know a friendly mot place ;-)

Just find a custom exhaust place to make one, it won't cost that much either.

BTW, unless you have an 850 with just the one lambda sensor, it will bring up the emissions light on the dash.

Exactly what i was going to ask as far as i am aware on my ME7 C70 i have pre and post cat sensors so how do you get around this?
or is a decat out of the question?

Tony.

LiamT4
Saturday 26th January 2013, 11:30
Exactly what i was going to ask as far as i am aware on my ME7 C70 i have pre and post cat sensors so how do you get around this?
or is a decat out of the question?

Tony.

There are many people who have removed the cat with no issues, it brings a warning light up simply telling you about an issue with the cat. Some people just ignore the light, while others get the software "adjusted" so that the car ignores it.

I had a de-cat on my t4, which had both sensors and just ignored the light. It was only when i had to take it to a volvo dealer to get an airbag issue sorted that they did the emissions light at the same time.

The main problem is the mot, if you don't know a friendly place, then getting a sports cat would be best, you can get them for £100 and they don't cost much to fit either.

jotter22
Thursday 31st January 2013, 20:13
There are many people who have removed the cat with no issues, it brings a warning light up simply telling you about an issue with the cat. Some people just ignore the light, while others get the software "adjusted" so that the car ignores it.

I had a de-cat on my t4, which had both sensors and just ignored the light. It was only when i had to take it to a volvo dealer to get an airbag issue sorted that they did the emissions light at the same time.

The main problem is the mot, if you don't know a friendly place, then getting a sports cat would be best, you can get them for £100 and they don't cost much to fit either.

does the car not try to overcome the light being on or make it run poorly? on my Honda the wire's from the sensor just had to be earthed would that not work with these?

tony.

LiamT4
Thursday 31st January 2013, 20:35
It won't effect the way the car runs, as it isn't that type of fault. Basically, the car is detecting an issue with the cat so it will put the emissions light on. As the "fault" isn't an air/fuel mixture fault, it doesn't harm the car in anyway.

jotter22
Thursday 31st January 2013, 21:34
It won't effect the way the car runs, as it isn't that type of fault. Basically, the car is detecting an issue with the cat so it will put the emissions light on. As the "fault" isn't an air/fuel mixture fault, it doesn't harm the car in anyway.

i wont thank you twice in one thread so Cheers.

Tony.

The White Knight
Friday 1st February 2013, 11:51
Now to find a friendly mot centre....