PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust clamp ?

v70tom
Monday 21st January 2013, 17:28
Hi people,
Ok I finally got around to to figure out the bloody volvo v70 exhaust is holding up by a bloody clamp which seals the cat pipe and box pipe together,

Now I trying to get a clamp.
No problem but they all 60mm.

I need a 50mm clamp, and seems only f.... Volvo dealers can order them for a silly amount of penny's.
Also they order I pay and 4 days later I can pick it up.

Would anyone know of a dealer I can mail order one of those ( 50mm ) and not paying for a new car ?
Volvo wants 15£ for each half means £30 for a exhaust clamp.
Silly price for something which rust away in 1 or 2 years again.

eBay prices around 5 - 10 but I don't get any answers which size they are and don't want to end up with the wrong one.
I got already a 60 mm and is useless.

Anyone can recommend somebody to get one for cheap?

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 13:23
hi tom i think you might need pfv907630 if it is a up to 2000 v70 but these are normally only used on non turbo cars- they are 55mm and i havent heard of 50mm - our 'turbo' one is larger than this

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=104_668&products_id=7359

hope it helps

jamie

v70tom
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 16:32
Tanks Jamie.
I went to volvo again today and they said the early v70 was indeed a 50mm exhaust but replaced in 2000 for a 55mm and again with the phase. 2 models to 60 mm.this was taking 3 guys a computer and 30minutes for them to find out.

In order to fit a 60mm on mine I would need the whole system incl cat new.
Erhh I don't think so,
So I went to Andrew page in Leicester about my problem.
1 hour down the line I picked a 50mm clamp for a volvo exhaust up.
Don't know where they got it from but it fit and is all fine now.
Just come in. Did it straight when I came home, even is still minus 2 and snow on the ground.
Plastic sheet and jack plus 3 coats. Lol

Test drive in the morning. Want to get warm now.

( I don't know why this car has a 50mm but I actually went under the car to get the size and it is a 50mm.
Strange as I expected the exhaust was at least once changed as it is a r reg and I am the 3rd owner. )

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 16:39
not the best day at all to be outside !!

i know the rear box pipe is smaller on the 99-2000 cars, so maybe this car has got a later exhaust fitted.

its really unusual to replace a system other than damage or the support bracket being corroded. the actual systems last forever!

v70tom
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 22:02
The box had a hole on top and the rear of the box welding was corroded to nothing.
Got a straight through pipe and replaced the box but was far too loud. Lol
So bought a second hand exhaust same as I have on and fitted that one on.

There came the problem, the clamp was falling off as soon I tryd to open the bolts.
2 weeks nearly every day for an hour I tryd to solve this problem.
Every joint clamp I could find I tryd , nothing, ordered one from volvo last week and came on Friday, too big (60mm)

So carried on hunting for one.

Finally got one and Pitt it on when I came home today.
Sealer (exhaust paste to it) and tomorrow morning I hope is nice and quiet again.

Don't know why my car has a 50mm exhaust but it was on and when I called the breaker for one he asked which one, so he actually had a 60mm and.a 50 mm.
Got the 50mm to make sure it's the right one, even they look similar.

merc85
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 22:16
Ive sold a quite few of these now over the years, VOP32 i belive is the timax number, thought there was only one tbh will check in the morning out of interest and let you know.

Andrew page are certainly a good Motor Factor :)

merc85
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 17:21
i know you have sorted it but.. Just a update there is a difference in the size of the clamps n/a to turbo.

n/a 430424 £4.80 inc vat plus postage

Turbo 430234 £5.45 inc vat plus postage

http://www.cgmotorfactors.yolasite.com/

v70tom
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 19:36
Thanks.
Should know that before I started. Ha ha

Yes can only recommend Andrew page.
Sorted me some problems before with my v6 rover out.

Well I changed some chastise in my lifetime, rather not doing it, but well.
With great distance I never seen such a stupid thing like the v70. Lol