PDA

View Full Version : De-Cat fitted!!

spesh
Friday 7th October 2005, 20:35
Just got back from having a de-cat fitted on my baby, @65mph same sound coming from the back as before, but when u put you foot down, oh my god, I am super chav, sounds awsome, most prob to loud for some but I love it, and when you come off the power it pops and bangs, I feel like spesh Mcrae, well should free up some more ponies with a bit of luck!!

fraz13
Friday 7th October 2005, 20:43
Sounds good man, ye need more ponies coz 280 at the wheels just aint enough!!!!! :haha:

Andrew
Friday 7th October 2005, 20:43
Spesh - englighten me... I thought all cars now had to have cats fitted for MOT purposses?

spesh
Friday 7th October 2005, 20:45
Bolt de-cat off and CAT back on for MOT, easy everyone is a winner!!

Andrew
Friday 7th October 2005, 20:47
aha
:)

Vikingxl
Friday 7th October 2005, 21:26
Will all that noise not frighten the sheep?

spesh
Friday 7th October 2005, 21:29
The sheep have ear muffs, so no it won't!!!!
U lot ask the silliest Q's!!!!

siamblue
Saturday 8th October 2005, 01:33
Damien but does she feel faster that is the question and when is your next installment of a mapping?

Gary

fraz13
Saturday 8th October 2005, 10:10
Is it as loud as ma old car Spesh???

spesh
Saturday 8th October 2005, 10:51
Is it as loud as ma old car Spesh???

I think it could be louder not 100%, 3inch down pipe into 2 3/4 ich system all the way to a small back box, havn't really put it to go Gary, was saving my petrol, but goin out later to get some optidiesel and will let you know, it does seem to be revving up faster in neutral, thats all I can say.

siamblue
Saturday 8th October 2005, 13:17
FREEDOM!!!!!

Free them horses Spesh. ;)

pikeajm
Saturday 8th October 2005, 22:03
spesh how did you do it been thinking of doing it to and what eshust system you got

Vikingxl
Saturday 8th October 2005, 22:57
Come on then Spesh when do i get to experience this mighty beastie?

p fandango
Sunday 9th October 2005, 16:36
spesh how did you do it been thinking of doing it to and what eshust system you got
Powerflow just cut my cat out & replaced the whole middle section with straight pipe, won't work on ME7 or any other models that use 2 lamba sensors

another excellent cheap mod that i'd defo recommend. It certainly free's up a few extra ponies (& those bangs/flames on over-run, priceless :sinner: )

LeeT5
Monday 10th October 2005, 01:28
Bolt de-cat off and CAT back on for MOT, easy everyone is a winner!!

HASSLE..

Would surely have better to buy a proper decat pipe that the oxygen sensor could be screwed into.

craig
Monday 10th October 2005, 21:51
its no hassle, just 20 quid and you dont need to connect the oxygen sensor and it makes quite a differance.

LeeT5
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 01:00
its no hassle, just 20 quid and you dont need to connect the oxygen sensor and it makes quite a differance.

:wtf: So where do u put it then??? ie the rest of the year?? Leave it dangling??

BlackBeast
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 01:03
You could drill a hole, weld a nut on and job done, screw the lambda in and off you go on you merry little way farting on the over-run lol

LeeT5
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 01:16
Just got back from having a de-cat fitted on my baby, @65mph same sound coming from the back as before, but when u put you foot down, oh my god, I am super chav, sounds awsome, most prob to loud for some but I love it, and when you come off the power it pops and bangs, I feel like spesh Mcrae, well should free up some more ponies with a bit of luck!!

:worthless
Sorry spesh but i still cant see what u do with oxygen sensor. Does it screw into DECAT?

elliot
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 11:57
Spesh must have the oxygen sensor still pluged in for part throttle fuel trim.I am guessing it will still be in the DP infront of the cat and he wont have to touch it come mot time.As for the decat it will just bolt in and out on a pair of flanges,easy.

spesh
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:59
Who said I never had an o2 sensor????? mmmmmm
Yes I do have one and it is in the de-cat, I got a custom 2.75 inch system, done by a friend of mine, away in scoyland at mo, so aint really driven her yet.