PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring trip 2013

S70T5Chris
Saturday 19th January 2013, 13:32
As some of you know, I head over to the Ring every year. This will be my 8th or 9th trip over there.

If anyone fancies tagging along, the inital outline for a plan is on T5D5 HERE (http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/22155-planning-nurburgring-2013/)

Anyone is welcome to join us.

Nealevo
Saturday 19th January 2013, 13:45
Chris, please be aware of the new rules and regulations, costs and new drifting fine... We had our first meeting last week, regarding our track programme for 2013 and this was the main talking point!!

Bucket seats with ‘ears’ (as the Germans delightfully refer to them) are not allowed. Those are the seats with wrap-around head restraints.
The famous Hans device neck-restraint is also banned from public driving.
Roll cages with doorbars that restrict access are banned.
Roll cages must be padded. Not with proper FIA crash-absorbing materials. Nobody will check that. Just any old foam will do.
Aftermarket snap-off steering wheels are also verboten.

Just a few changes

S70T5Chris
Saturday 19th January 2013, 16:51
Thanks for the thought. I have already looked up the new rules and changes. Nothing seems to affect me in any way.

They seem to add rules and make changes every other year or so. I don't claim to be a ring expert, I've only been 8 or 9 times, but have never seen any enforcement or spot checks of any cars. Only ever if someone's been doing something silly on track, or crashed!

kyboy
Saturday 19th January 2013, 18:32
The problem is the rings just come under new owners so owt could happen! We go every August about ten of us!