PDA

View Full Version : Coolant pipe pressure in t5 engine.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 20:10
Just wondering if pressure in water pipes is normal for t5`s as I`ve never took any notice of it before.What I mean is the go hard ish,not rock solid as a h/gasket gone.I know the top up tank cup has 2 valves in it do they have anything to do with it?No overheating.Both of my t5 engines do it only noticed cos I had to change the stat on 1 where the old 1 seised open.

merc85
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 20:25
Blocked Rad?

Kingsford G
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 21:21
Blocked Rad?

No idea,it is on both,V and 850 the same.Can u check what yrs like after driving plz?

merc85
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 21:23
Always sort of .... well normal really, soft to medium ?? easily squeezable bit hot lol

dont ever remember top or bottom being hard

Kingsford G
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 21:38
Always sort of .... well normal really, soft to medium ?? easily squeezable bit hot lol

dont ever remember top or bottom being hard

Its the top one I`m talking about,probably medium is the right thing to say.I might be a bit too fussy but best to be on the safe side.

shepbomb
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 21:54
Mine go quite hard too not solid though as I thought this was the idea of a pressurised cooling system

Kingsford G
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 21:56
Mine go quite hard too not solid though as I thought this was the idea of a pressurised cooling system

Well that proves it its ok.I just never noticed it on other cars but these might run diff.Cheers Gav and Shep.;)

shepbomb
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 22:07
Every car I've ever had the cooling system gets pressure, I could be wrong but I remember panicking it was happening on a Subaru I used to have and when I spoke to scooby clinic they explained its perfectly normal with the coolant systems as when they pressurise it raises the boiling point

Kingsford G
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 22:14
Every car I've ever had the cooling system gets pressure, I could be wrong but I remember panicking it was happening on a Subaru I used to have and when I spoke to scooby clinic they explained its perfectly normal with the coolant systems as when they pressurise it raises the boiling point

Its either todo with these cars being a performance ones or I just love them too much that loose my brain by being picky lol