PDA

View Full Version : C70 Door mirror heater element not working.

foammanmark
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 18:50
Had doubts about my nearside door mirror heater element, but after heavy frost last night, it's definitely not working. Am I better off replacing the whole thing or should I attempt a repair? Tips appreciated.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 19:13
Mine did the same, was the glass, elements are included, can't remember exactly 'bout £12 I think.

foammanmark
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 19:22
Mine did the same, was the glass, elements are included, can't remember exactly 'bout £12 I think.

I have a couple of V70 door mirrors knocking around somewhere, but I don't know how the glass compares. I'm going to check though...

foammanmark
Wednesday 16th January 2013, 21:29
Right, if I swap my mirror lens of my V70 onto the C70, see if that sorts the issue and then take it from there. That's the plan now........

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 17th January 2013, 01:41
I have spares

foammanmark
Thursday 17th January 2013, 09:25
I have spares

Thanks WD. Is there a certain way that's best to remove the mirror glass please- such as prise from the bottom or top first? The first spare V70 mirror that I messed with last night, I broke the mirror glass but I may have prised just the glass rather than the plastic back as well.

Yosser
Thursday 17th January 2013, 09:35
They just clip on and off, so prise off carefully but firmly.

It probably will be the glass, but FWIW when I had the drivers side glass not working on the S70 it was down to the connector behind the door trim panel. Once you have the glass removed, check the terminals for power with a multimeter just in case.