PDA

View Full Version : Probs with bulb failure/luggage load cover/fuel filler cap

Wolvo
Thursday 6th October 2005, 22:37
I apologise in advance for my questions,as I am fairly new to this forum and to Volvo's in general.I finally picked up my P2 V70 T5 a couple of days ago and need to sort out a few minor problems;

I'm getting the following error message on the dash - bulb failure - position light.Can anybody throw any light on that one....hehe

I never checked the rear load cover when i picked up the car as it was just on the back seat and presumed it was in full working order.The bloke had just shoved the spring coil up into the housing,I cant get it to recoil - is there a special way of recoiling it?

and finally,the fuel filler cap doesnt lock - I dont think its the fuse,as the rear doors central locking mechanism still works.

Sorry for so many questions,any help would be appreciated !!!

siamblue
Thursday 6th October 2005, 23:55
The first one if it isn't a blown bulb check all of your connections, I have a bilb in the rear cluster on mine light warning comes on when i hit a bump light goes off.

Vikingxl
Friday 7th October 2005, 07:47
Bring it over to Birmingham and we can all have a look for you.

Wolvo
Friday 7th October 2005, 10:52
I can bring it to Birmingham,no problem.
Just PM the details across to me.

Cheers

Wolvo
Sunday 9th October 2005, 12:01
Bulb failure sorted !

Could do with some help with the others though . Let me know where abouts in Brum and when.

Andrew
Sunday 9th October 2005, 16:26
Would be handy for us if you put your solution to the bulb failire... assuming it wasn't just a blown bulb :)

Gary - I've a similar problem to you - just need to track it down.

Andrew.

Wolvo
Sunday 9th October 2005, 22:34
Andrew - It was a simple bulb failure - v.straightforward in the end.

A special thanks to Viking for sorting out my luggage cover/fuel filler cap probs.

Vikingxl
Monday 10th October 2005, 03:13
Andrew - It was a simple bulb failure - v.straightforward in the end.

A special thanks to Viking for sorting out my luggage cover/fuel filler cap probs.
No problem glad i could help good to meet you as well

weasel
Friday 14th October 2005, 23:12
what was the fix for the load cover, i heard they can be done by sticking a couple of big screws up the end - is there a better alterative?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 14th October 2005, 23:31
Yow are more than welcum to come ova t'mine sow yam can have a luk.

I live in Northfield - and as everyone else knows round here where I am.

nikgallagher
Monday 17th October 2005, 09:09
A special thanks to Viking for sorting out my fuel filler cap probs.

What's the secret Viking? I've had mine apart and it seems to be the motor, but you think I can find a replacement that is the same rating and size? Nope.

Wolvo
Monday 17th October 2005, 22:20
The fuel filler cap locking mechanism needs to be replaced on mine.There is a small black plastic bolt which shoots out and locks the cap.Someone had tried to force mine and in the process,snapped off the bolt.Hence a straightforward replacement..which I havent sourced yet.

kyebosh
Friday 8th August 2008, 11:05
The fuel filler cap locking mechanism needs to be replaced on mine.There is a small black plastic bolt which shoots out and locks the cap.Someone had tried to force mine and in the process,snapped off the bolt.Hence a straightforward replacement..which I havent sourced yet.

Having the same problem with mine, but the plastic bolt doesn't appear to have broken off, just not engaging into the flap, any help appreciated.