PDA

View Full Version : Trax 2013 Discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

stribo
Saturday 31st August 2013, 18:43
To be honest, you've probably had more Volvo's than any other member.

He's had more cars than anyone else, the X5 will be up for sale soon. ;)

T5frankie
Saturday 31st August 2013, 18:44
He's had more cars than anyone else, the X5 will be up for sale soon. ;)

no it won't, pains me to say it but its probably the best car ive ever had as an overall package, it ticks all the boxes

stribo
Saturday 31st August 2013, 18:46
Yes it will, how many times have you said "this car's a keeper" only to sell it the following month. You'll get bored of it like you did with all the others.;)

stribo
Saturday 31st August 2013, 18:48
A Dacia Sandero. :D

Santa
Saturday 31st August 2013, 18:52
yeah it has.................me, vpcuk's top poster.............................counts for naff all it seems this year

You seem to be a tad bitter even though we contacted Trax on your behalf to see if there was another solution for your car. (Granted, Trax already had a solution regarding parking spaces for track session holders).

Anyway if youve got an issue why dont you PM me, or come see me at Trax to discuss it.

As for having so many posts, thanks for the contribution but why should it lead to having special treatment over any other member?

T5frankie
Saturday 31st August 2013, 18:55
You seem to be a tad bitter even though we contacted Trax on your behalf to see if there was another solution for your car. (Granted, Trax already had a solution regarding parking spaces for track session holders).

Anyway if youve got an issue why dont you PM me, or come see me at Trax to discuss it.

As for having so many posts, thanks for the contribution but why should it lead to having special treatment over any other member?

I don't want special treatment, what i don't want is my missus driving in their on her own me having to drive somewhere different to her and leave her feeling nervous not knowing where she is going or where to park, she aint a confident driver, whether you like it or not i am one of the main people on this forum, been here longer than most and for you to basically say eff off cos my car is broken (at a vpc meet i add)is ridiculous

Santa
Saturday 31st August 2013, 19:00
I don't want special treatment, what i don't want is my missus driving in their on her own me having to drive somewhere different to her and leave her feeling nervous not knowing where she is going or where to park, she aint a confident driver, whether you like it or not i am one of the main people on this forum, been here longer than most and for you to basically say eff off cos my car is broken (at a vpc meet i add)is ridiculous

You aint being told to f off but from what Ive seen in PM exchanges you have being pretty much doing that to us! (As well as saying you were taking someone other than your missus)

You are welcome to come to the stand like every one else and if you bring a Volvo you can even show it on the stand if you wish.

It is an exhibition stand for the club, not club specific parking for you to abandon your car

V70 Graham
Saturday 31st August 2013, 19:04
.....what i don't want is my missus driving in their on her own me having to drive somewhere different to her and leave her feeling nervous not knowing where she is going or where to park, she aint a confident driver....

If it comes to it mate we normally meet up before hand to collect tickets etc, I for one (and I'm sure there would be others) would be happy to stick with her and make sure she got to where she's meant to be going.

T5frankie
Saturday 31st August 2013, 19:10
You aint being told to f off but from what Ive seen in PM exchanges you have being pretty much doing that to us! (As well as saying you were taking someone other than your missus)

You are welcome to come to the stand like every one else and if you bring a Volvo you can even show it on the stand if you wish.

It is an exhibition stand for the club, not club specific parking for you to abandon your car

my missus has booked her car on the stand from day one, i didnt say i was taking anyone else, was thinking of coming in my mates car, its ok i know where i stand with you, would have been nice to of been able to look after my car from the stand and not in gods knows where, the last two years have been fine but not this year!

Santa
Saturday 31st August 2013, 19:15
my missus has booked her car on the stand from day one, i didnt say i was taking anyone else, was thinking of coming in my mates car, its ok i know where i stand with you, would have been nice to of been able to look after my car from the stand and not in gods knows where, the last two years have been fine but not this year!

There have been changes this year, some implemented by trax, some by our insurance company and some by us from lessons learned last year.

Parking on the stand and its restrictions were outlined back in January on the original Trax 2013 thread.

If you want to continue this mate you know how to PM me

ExternalError
Saturday 31st August 2013, 19:53
I'll be seeing everyone there anyway i'll be parking with general entrance people but i'll have a wonder over to the stand to say hi

V70 Graham
Saturday 31st August 2013, 19:59
I'll be seeing everyone there anyway i'll be parking with general entrance people but i'll have a wonder over to the stand to say hi

You could lend Frankie your Volvo.....just saying

stribo
Saturday 31st August 2013, 20:01
You could lend Frankie your Volvo.....just saying
Got the wooden spoon out mate? ;)

ExternalError
Saturday 31st August 2013, 20:16
if hes ok claiming ownership to the dust ball that is my car at the moment its up to him not gonna have time to detail it between now and next week

MoleT-5R
Sunday 1st September 2013, 02:11
if hes ok claiming ownership to the dust ball that is my car at the moment its up to him not gonna have time to detail it between now and next week

stick it on the stand where it is meant to be, dust or not, at trax stands show something for everyone generally from experience

p fandango
Sunday 1st September 2013, 02:47
i emptied the McDonalds wrappers out the back of mine yesterday, & thats me ready for Trax. Do it lol

stribo
Sunday 1st September 2013, 08:19
i emptied the McDonalds wrappers out the back of mine yesterday, & thats me ready for Trax. Do it lol

Really pushing the boat out this year mate. ;)

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 1st September 2013, 08:22
It's OK he's got a week to refill the back seat with more...

So has Liam sold his tickets??

stribo
Sunday 1st September 2013, 08:24
It's OK he's got a week to refill the back seat with more...

Don't know, I think there's a thread about it somewhere. ;)

p fandango
Sunday 1st September 2013, 08:42
i'm sure i read the Volvaxo is on the BC racing stand anyway now :(

p fandango
Sunday 1st September 2013, 08:44
Really pushing the boat out this year mate. ;)
you should see the state the cars been in for some of the previous meets/shows lol

stribo
Sunday 1st September 2013, 08:51
you should see the state the cars been in for some of the previous meets/shows lol

The only time I've seen it, it had a gearbox in the passenger footwell. :lol:

p fandango
Sunday 1st September 2013, 09:15
The only time I've seen it, it had a gearbox in the passenger footwell. :lol:
funny you should say that, i have gone another one to collect at Trax lol

Volvostorm
Sunday 1st September 2013, 09:31

That reminds me, is anybody going to wear a onesie?

stribo
Sunday 1st September 2013, 09:36
That reminds me, is anybody going to wear a onesie?

Neal may be in his race suit, does that count?

ExternalError
Sunday 1st September 2013, 09:40
I could always give it a £10 Albanian treatment on the day before i drive down if Nats got any spare parking passes that is

V70 Graham
Sunday 1st September 2013, 09:51
I could always give it a £10 Albanian treatment on the day before i drive down if Nats got any spare parking passes that is

Come on mate, get it on the stand, providing we have a bigger pitch than last year you should be ok.

Santa
Sunday 1st September 2013, 12:18
In an effort to eeerrrmmm make an effort I've had the car cleaned!

Chad
Sunday 1st September 2013, 12:22
LOL. you mean it got cleaned between services??

Santa
Sunday 1st September 2013, 12:34
LOL. you mean it got cleaned between services??

Yep, a special effort ;)

V70 Graham
Sunday 1st September 2013, 12:56
Quick get it back in the garage to keep it clean.

Santa
Sunday 1st September 2013, 13:12
I will do later lol

hybriduno
Sunday 1st September 2013, 13:45
i'm sure i read the Volvaxo is on the BC racing stand anyway now :(

I am indeed going to be on the bc racing stand ;) fuel costs to get there are gonna kill me but I want to get over to see you guys too lol.

should be a good day :D

JT
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 21:40
have i seen that right??
we are only on the National circuit this year, not the full GP????:cry::cry:

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 21:54
Yep, not too impressed....

smithy
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:01
Why is that then when we normally get the full gp circuit now that is not fair .still costs the same and when we have the drivers talk before the racing I will be asking why.how long is the national circuit .

JT
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:04
Why is that then when we normally get the full gp circuit now that is not fair .still costs the same and when we have the drivers talk before the racing I will be asking why.how long is the national circuit .

short!

If I'd have know, I wouldnt have bothered spening the last few months trying to get the car ready:(

smithy
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:06
short!

If I'd have know, I wouldnt have bothered spening the last few months trying to get the car ready:(

They might change there mind when we get there because alot of peeps will be racing but we will see what happens on the day .

JT
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:08
they wont change it, takes too much organisation,more marshals and tow vehicles for a start

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=silverstone&um=1&sa=N&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SMSN_enGB426&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=451&tbm=isch&tbnid=Guw98tZ1qeJZiM:&imgrefurl=http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/04/29/silverstone-opens-new-arena-circuit/circuit-speeds-diagrams-2010-startline-indd/&docid=TyGyubZuyj6AyM&imgurl=http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/New-Silverstone-Circuit-Configurations.jpg&w=1680&h=784&ei=8E4mUpawE5CshQfO7YDoBw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=156&page=4&tbnh=132&tbnw=264&start=35&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:42,s:0,i:221&tx=124&ty=69

T5frankie
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:09
They might change there mind when we get there because alot of peeps will be racing but we will see what happens on the day .

all the tickets have been sold mate, no pay on the day, up to 45 cars on at once on the 1.6 mile track lol should be interesting, maybe ill fit some bull bars

p fandango
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:10
as its mainly righthand corners it might be a good track for Bonny lol

JT
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:15

I could sell you a ticket, if you wanna have a go?

T5frankie
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:16

ill be in a diesel

JT
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:20
oh and iirc, where the stand is located is on tarmac, so any one thinking of putting up a gazeebo or similar, would need to bring something to weigh it down

I'm sure a couple of Volvos would do it:)

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:23
oh and iirc, where the stand is located is on tarmac, so any one thinking of putting up a gazeebo or similar, would need to bring something to weigh it down

I'm sure a couple of Volvos would do it:)

We're in control of that thanks ;) Weights been ordered.failing that we'll use an 850 or two ;)

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 02:03

They're probably going to use the other section for something else, but 45 cars in such a short track, they'll either be a lot of queuing or a few mishaps on the overtakes.!

smithy
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 04:34
They're probably going to use the other section for something else, but 45 cars in such a short track, they'll either be a lot of queuing or a few mishaps on the overtakes.!

It's going to be a nightmare

V70 Graham
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 06:01
Glad I decided not to take the car out this year, 45 cars in a mile and a half is going to be interesting.

JT
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 06:08
I suppose that could make things interesting? Lol

I'm used to starting with grids of 32, so it's gonna be busy :)

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 07:08
We're in control of that thanks ;) Weights been ordered.failing that we'll use an 850 or two ;)

We used to use spare wheels.

smithy
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 14:22
How are they going to do the taxi rides with that many cars in the track

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 16:17
How are they going to do the taxi rides with that many cars in the track

suppose that we'll do more laps, as the track is now halved, so more piccy opportunities, going to be a bit crowded out there

Nealevo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 16:33
It's going to be bumper cars if we are out with the chav brigade..... (not you Frankie)

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 17:31
I can see it being quite slow

JT
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 17:33
We'll have to clear a path then! :)

V70 Graham
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 17:36
I can see it being quite slow

Can't wait for the X5 to smoke out the other 44

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 17:39
Can't wait for the X5 to smoke out the other 44

It's definately been mapped for power with the amount of soot it chuck's out

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 17:46
All those cars charging down the Wellington straight into Brooklands will be fun.;)

Harvey
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 18:00
Thanks got my tickets in the post today.:funkybana

Jamest5r
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 18:15
Got mine and Smithy's tickets today cheers Nat :)

Track time 11:40

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 18:17
I'm guessing we all have the same track time.(other than those going out more than once.)

JT
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 18:39
My tickets are here too :)
Cheers Nat

Yea I have 11:40 too :)

p fandango
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 18:42
got mine as well :)

Nealevo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 18:51
The postman has probably stole mine, but I won't know until I get home on Saturday night.... :(

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:09
Just a thought, we'll be taking a gas ring for boiling a kettle, for tea and coffee, but we could bring a frying pan for cooking bacon, and sausages. Are any of the people camping going to be using a gas cooker? If so, we could bring a couple of pans, along with the kettle, and cater for the group.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:18
Brown sauce in my bacon buttie please !

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:23
Brown sauce in my bacon buttie please !

You're on a diet:P Also JT doesn't need that much ballast in his car. ;)

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:31
received my tickets and 2 different area passes...........thanks
11.40 tack time too, time to kick some t5's asses lol

JT
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:38
You're on a diet:P Also JT doesn't need that much ballast in his car. ;)

:)

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I think there may be electric in that area?????

Pinup_gal
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:46
Just a thought, we'll be taking a gas ring for boiling a kettle, for tea and coffee, but we could bring a frying pan for cooking bacon, and sausages. Are any of the people camping going to be using a gas cooker? If so, we could bring a couple of pans, along with the kettle, and cater for the group.

Check the website but I don't think you can use a gas ring on site!

Jamest5r
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:47

You will have to be very discreet if your planning to do that at Trax mate plus Santa will have a fit as its not included in his liability insurance :):)

Jamest5r
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:49

Beaten by a girl again :)

Pinup_gal
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:55

Lol and yup it will invalidate our insurance so best not to thanks!

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:57
so i can't bring this?

http://static.neatorama.com/images/2006-06/hemi-powered-grill.jpg

Nealevo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 19:57

Not for the first time eh Jim :)

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:02

O.K., we'll just bring flasks for tea and coffee then. :D

Harvey
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:06
Just been looking at the met office site says it will be dry on Sunday,but not much sun.
Starting to look like I better give the car a wash.

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:17
Just been looking at the met office site says it will be dry on Sunday,but not much sun.

Excellent, ideal weather for racing (I mean track time), and 0-60 sprint tests. :D

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:21
You will have to be very discreet if your planning to do that at Trax mate plus Santa will have a fit as its not included in his liability insurance :):)

We did it every year we went to Ford Fair, and Trax, in fact had a disposable BBQ in 2009 at Ford Fair, in section 4 on the map, and melted the tarmac. lol

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/RSCougar/Ford%20Fair2009/032.jpg (http://s373.photobucket.com/user/RSCougar/media/Ford%20Fair2009/032.jpg.html)

Harvey
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:21
Excellent, ideal weather for racing (I mean track time), and 0-60 sprint tests. :D

Just thinking how's the "R" ?.

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:22
Just thinking how's the "R" ?.

Our's? great, it was just the water pump. :D

Harvey
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:23
We did it every year we went to Ford Fair, and Trax, in fact had a disposable BBQ in 2009 at Ford Fair, in section 4 on the map, and melted the tarmac. lol

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/RSCougar/Ford%20Fair2009/032.jpg (http://s373.photobucket.com/user/RSCougar/media/Ford%20Fair2009/032.jpg.html)

So it's your fault they banned them.

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:25
Maybe. ;)

Harvey
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:26
Our's? great, it was just the water pump. :D

It will good to see it driven sensibly around the track then.

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:37
I'm taking the C70 out on track this time, the R did Castle Combe earlier in the year.

Harvey
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 20:50
I see you are allowed on site from 6.30am, just wondering where do you intend to meet up before you go in and what time ?.

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:15
I see you are allowed on site from 6.30am, just wondering where do you intend to meet up before you go in and what time ?.

Now that's a question I can't answer. We're meeting up with Rich, Nat, and Sharkey locally, then meeting Graham and Aneemarie at Cherwell, then I assume we're going sttraight in. Have no idea on timings, or a meet point yet.

LiamT4
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:21

I would have liked a go at the sprint test. Nevermind.

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:30
There's always next year mate, have you got another car yet?

Jamest5r
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:33
Not for the first time eh Jim :)

Nope lol now get back to trashing tyres on your jolly, just had to deliver yesterday 153 shreaded F type tyres back to Burton from the usa launch.

LiamT4
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:44
There's always next year mate, have you got another car yet?

Nope.....the search continues.

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:53
You need to get back in a Volvo mate. ;)

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:53

ill probably have a go at that

Pinup_gal
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:55

Althou you can get in that early I wouldn't lol. We won't be there quite that early or set up and we have "seating" plan this year!
So it's not a case of dump ya car and run lol it's all pretty and ooo look at our Volvos!!!

Now that's a question I can't answer. We're meeting up with Rich, Nat, and Sharkey locally, then meeting Graham and Aneemarie at Cherwell, then I assume we're going sttraight in. Have no idea on timings, or a meet point yet.

I was sorting time for meeting up with Sharkey earlier, I don't think we finalised.
I think though 7:30 at the BP garage just outside silverstone

LiamT4
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 21:57
You need to get back in a Volvo mate. ;)

Whatever it ends up being, it won't be quick.

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:00
Whatever it ends up being, it won't be quick.

neither was your last one :uglyhamme

LiamT4
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:09
neither was your last one :uglyhamme

Quicker than that smokey tractor of yours and at least it could do the 1/4mile without breaking anything lol

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:14
Althou you can get in that early I wouldn't lol. We won't be there quite that early or set up and we have "seating" plan this year!
So it's not a case of dump ya car and run lol it's all pretty and ooo look at our Volvos!!!

I was sorting time for meeting up with Sharkey earlier, I don't think we finalised.
I think though 7:30 at the BP garage just outside silverstone

I thought we'd be meeting up a bit closer to home, and convoying up there.

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:16

Ermm, my Volvo is a shed... is there a shed section?

danny-R
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:23

Mines a shed aswell. We can park together lol

p fandango
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:25

any room for another lol

Pinup_gal
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:28

We are lol I was saying that more for generally. We met up at Bp last yr too lol.
Tot hill? Services I think

Pinup_gal
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:29
Sheds will be relabelled ..... Rat look ;)

LiamT4
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:29
any room for another lol

The stand is supposed to show people nice volvos, so PLEASE give your car a clean ;-)

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:34
It's covered in bird crap at the moment LOL

We could label them 'Work in Progress'

Pinup_gal
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:35
Lol! I'm sure a few OCD folk will throw a cloth at your cars ;)

stribo
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:37
We are lol I was saying that more for generally. We met up at Bp last yr too lol.
Tot hill? Services I think
What time?

Pinup_gal
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:38
No idea ask sharkey lol he was sorting it

p fandango
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:42
The stand is supposed to show people nice volvos, so PLEASE give your car a clean ;-)
i've emptied all the McDonalds wrappers out, what more do you want lol

ExternalError
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 22:48
ive chucked a bucket of water over mine its now just mildley dusty will be giving it the albanian treatment on saturday though, let me know where your meeting up I may come along

Santa
Thursday 5th September 2013, 08:15
I'm guessing we all have the same track time.(other than those going out more than once.)

Yep.................so you can all get stuck behind a slow car at the same time :P

received my tickets and 2 different area passes...........thanks
11.40 tack time too, time to kick some t5's asses lol

One is for Marie's Volvo on the VPCUK stand. The other is for your X5 if you are bringing it ;). (Track specific parking I think, at least you will be able to line up first).

Basically...........Trax forbids it..........there would likely need to be H&S audit and insurance declarations (which cost me every bloody time I have to make them) to allow such gas powered cooking devices if they were to allow it........for the record I like a bacon sandwich. (If not 2)

so i can't bring this?

http://static.neatorama.com/images/2006-06/hemi-powered-grill.jpg

Its not explicitly dis-allowed................................do I really have to check? lol

O.K., we'll just bring flasks for tea and coffee then. :D

Just ensure the H&S guidelines for the handling of hot liquids is followed!

Yay :-)

Easy either way...............as long as I get there first thing lol. (Loads to sort).

any room for another lol

Sheds will be relabelled ..... Rat look ;)

Might be easier to have a Mint Volvo section?

Pinup_gal
Thursday 5th September 2013, 09:09
Might be easier to have a Mint Volvo section?

Hmmm we've not got any of those tho :D Unless you're talking about colour.. in that case it's yours n Sharkeys

V70 Graham
Thursday 5th September 2013, 20:14
How many cars will we have on the stand....and what's this 'seating' plan all about then.....or is it a secret lol

Pinup_gal
Thursday 5th September 2013, 20:34
How many cars will we have on the stand....and what's this 'seating' plan all about then.....or is it a secret lol

Shhhhhhhhhhhh it's a secret! ;):shhh:

y2blade
Thursday 5th September 2013, 21:16
Are the southern lot driving up in convoy?
Is Martin allowed to go?

Pinup_gal
Thursday 5th September 2013, 21:24
Are the southern lot driving up in convoy?
Is Martin allowed to go?
We're meeting up in stages but yes. Us, sharkey, stribo and Rach, then meetin up with Graham and AM and then on to BP to meet up with the midland lot.
You going with Sharkey or in yours?

y2blade
Thursday 5th September 2013, 21:40
We're meeting up in stages but yes. Us, sharkey, stribo and Rach, then meetin up with Graham and AM and then on to BP to meet up with the midland lot.
You going with Sharkey or in yours?

I'm Taking the S4 up.
Can you pm me some times and places that you are all meeting up at pleeeease?

Harvey
Friday 6th September 2013, 17:57
Just looked at the met office site for Silverstone,Sunday weather is going to be a dry SUNNY DAY !.:redface:

T5frankie
Friday 6th September 2013, 19:30
ill be in my mate kristons civic by the looks of it on track

stribo
Friday 6th September 2013, 23:00
ill be in my mate kristons civic by the looks of it on track

Is that because you didn't want to be embarrassed in the X5? ;)

V70 Graham
Friday 6th September 2013, 23:02
Is that because you didn't want to be embarrassed in the X5? ;)

I'd say a mapped X5 (even a diesel) would be fun round the track.

claymore
Saturday 7th September 2013, 08:29
Just noticed the stand pass, couldn't be more appropriate :)

V70 Graham
Saturday 7th September 2013, 08:45
just noticed the stand pass, couldn't be more appropriate :)

t 5 ?

claymore
Saturday 7th September 2013, 08:48
yes :)

T5frankie
Saturday 7th September 2013, 09:47
I'd say a mapped X5 (even a diesel) would be fun round the track.

no its because i only want to bring one car and that will be the volvo mate, ive sold my track time, but will be a passenger, an x5 sport really handles well mate unlike the soft se models, and if its gonna be busy i dont want some little turnip bumping my motor

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 7th September 2013, 10:00
So Campers... Do we need anything specific? I saw one of those bowl style fire places for £25 in a Homebase sale.. Shall I pick it up? Or are we planning to destroy another BBQ?

danny-R
Saturday 7th September 2013, 10:53
I have an old barby I could bring. Its ready for the bin anyway

Jamest5r
Saturday 7th September 2013, 12:55
Mole has a fire pit, Danny bring the bbq anyway better than those disposable ones

danny-R
Saturday 7th September 2013, 12:56
Will do. Is anybody taking coal or do we need to get some? Is there plenty of wood?

Jamest5r
Saturday 7th September 2013, 13:20
I've got the usual pile of wood I bring :)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 7th September 2013, 13:20
firepit loaded and some wood, we may need more wood, depending on how late we go this year

T5frankie
Saturday 7th September 2013, 13:50
What time you getting yo the campsite ill be going past it later on the way back from oxford

danny-R
Saturday 7th September 2013, 14:05
Ive got a bit of wood. Setting off in hour or so having a slow drive down see you all there about 7ish

danny-R
Saturday 7th September 2013, 15:24
Where would I stand bringing another passenger could he pay at the gate? Dont want him to get there and not be allowed, setting off just now and need to know before I set off.
cheers

p fandango
Saturday 7th September 2013, 15:27
i've gave in to peer pressure & took Bonny to the Kos-o-wash

claymore
Saturday 7th September 2013, 15:30
Where would I stand bringing another passenger could he pay at the gate? Dont want him to get there and not be allowed, setting off just now and need to know before I set off.
cheers
According to the info, if you haven't got your ticket, you will be charged at the gate, so I would say he can pay on the gate.

y2blade
Saturday 7th September 2013, 15:31
cheers

I'd have thought so...is there a tel no you can ring and ask to be sure?
Edit: Colin found some info^^^^in the post above this one.

See you tomorrow Danny, have a good run down.

stribo
Saturday 7th September 2013, 16:02
Yes, you can pay on the gate.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:05
i've gave in to peer pressure & took Bonny to the Kos-o-wash

So mine is going to be the dirtiest on show then....??

V70 Graham
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:08
So mine is going to be the dirtiest on show then....??

It's never too late to throw a bucket of water over it mate.

stribo
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:08
Haven't washed mine yet, and it's currently raining, so it's going to be touch and go whether it's done tonight, or when I get there in the morning.

Harvey
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:27
So just to clear it up what time do we need to get on site by ?. 8 to 8.30 ok .

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:29
As early as possible. If you're going to try 08:30 you'll already be in a 4mile tail back.

p fandango
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:31
I'm looking to get there for 6.30 when the gates open

V70 Graham
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:47

Looks like you have an early start mate :redface:

Harvey
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:49
As early as possible. If you're going to try 08:30 you'll already be in a 4mile tail back.

Ok thanks for that !. looks like I will be leaveing at 4.00am on a day off work :shockedbi

Harvey
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:52
Haven't washed mine yet, and it's currently raining, so it's going to be touch and go whether it's done tonight, or when I get there in the morning.

Washed mine this morning. Total waste of time been raining all afternoon.

y2blade
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:56

I Drove straight in at 09:00 in 2011...was last year much busier then?

LiamT4
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:58
Washed mine this morning. Total waste of time been raining all afternoon.

It may make you look a bit strange, but as soon as it stops raining hose it all off and it should look fine.

claymore
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:58
Mine is covered in filler dust :(

V70 Graham
Saturday 7th September 2013, 18:07
I'm off out now, hopefully the first camp site pictures will have been posted by the time I get in.

LiamT4
Saturday 7th September 2013, 18:43
I'm off out now, hopefully the first camp site pictures will have been posted by the time I get in.

Yep, should be some good pics to have a laugh at when everyones had a few drinks lol

Pinup_gal
Saturday 7th September 2013, 18:44
I'm looking to get there for 6.30 when the gates open

If you do go in then please hang about for us to get there and sort the stand. Thanks

There are a fair few of us meeting at the BP Garage just outside of Silverstone at 7:30am we will then roll in together.
We need to get the marquee up and organise the car layout plan :)

JT
Saturday 7th September 2013, 19:33
Does anyone have a decent set of leads I could borrow/buy for tomorrow?

danny-R
Saturday 7th September 2013, 19:33
Just arrived at a very wet silverstone. See you all soon

claymore
Saturday 7th September 2013, 19:37
I'll have a look now

EDIT: Sorry, can't lay my hands on them :(

Pinup_gal
Saturday 7th September 2013, 19:49

Jump leads?

JT
Saturday 7th September 2013, 19:52
Jump leads?

Are you sure?? Lol

Pinup_gal
Saturday 7th September 2013, 20:01
Is one of us confused lol

stribo
Saturday 7th September 2013, 20:04
I think JT wants some HT leads. ;)

Pinup_gal
Saturday 7th September 2013, 20:10
I think I wanna holiday lol bloody confusing men

jump leads HT leads kettle leads dog leads

stribo
Saturday 7th September 2013, 20:12

And that's why girls shouldn't be allowed on the forum. :P

Pinup_gal
Saturday 7th September 2013, 20:13
Ahem this "girl" bloody does a lot for this forum

Nealevo
Saturday 7th September 2013, 20:28

Like, bakes the cake xx

stribo
Saturday 7th September 2013, 20:33
Like, bakes the cake xx

Kitchen work, just as it should be. :hidesbehi

Pinup_gal
Saturday 7th September 2013, 20:45
You don't want cake tomorrow then Steve, or to attend the event I organised >????

stribo
Saturday 7th September 2013, 21:20
Don't I?

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 7th September 2013, 23:09
Oh ££££, got to drop my daughter off at my moms, so was planning on arriving around 8.30. Might have to revise plans :/

V70 Graham
Sunday 8th September 2013, 00:55
Did someone mention cake.....

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 8th September 2013, 02:27
Ah just realised I'm on at 09:20, briefing at 08:30.
Mole-T5R... First victim!

Harvey
Sunday 8th September 2013, 04:15
On my way see you soon.

M-R-P
Sunday 8th September 2013, 04:40
have fun and be safe peeps.

lots of pictures please :)

stribo
Sunday 8th September 2013, 04:48
have fun and be safe peeps.

lots of pictures please :)

What are you doing up at this time of day?

y2blade
Sunday 8th September 2013, 06:23
Up bright and early, just filled up at chevely.

Pinup_gal
Sunday 8th September 2013, 06:32
Just missed you then we just left thete

stribo
Sunday 8th September 2013, 07:02
Stuck on the A34. :(

volvokid
Sunday 8th September 2013, 07:08
Rich just posted a picture of a crash. Maybe its the same road .....

Pinup_gal
Sunday 8th September 2013, 07:14
Lol Vk stribo is a few cars behind us we're in convoy

Nealevo
Sunday 8th September 2013, 07:16
At BP garage waiting for everyone

Pinup_gal
Sunday 8th September 2013, 07:22
We won't be there Neal! We're stuck. Chad is setting up now n doing the parking plan

volvokid
Sunday 8th September 2013, 07:49
Lol Vk stribo is a few cars behind us we're in convoy

I half wondered that, the only volvo convoy I get is if the wifes in the other car. Sad times.

Nealevo
Sunday 8th September 2013, 19:34
Had a fab day at TRAX, great company as usual and put some new faces to names, sorry if I never chatted to everyone, there was a lot of stunning cars on display as always, and a lot of entertainment on the track, smithy in the NA, JT for blowing up right in front of me, Judge for driving like a demon, stribo for killing his brakes at 100mph and Frankie looking petrified in a jap box.

Thanks Nat and Rich for all the organising and hassle that comes with it, but mainly for the cake.

Had a little play with the renault sport club on way home.

See you all next year

iancho
Sunday 8th September 2013, 19:40
Had a fab day at TRAX, great company as usual and put some new faces to names, sorry if I never chatted to everyone, there was a lot of stunning cars on display as always, and a lot of entertainment on the track, smithy in the NA, JT for blowing up right in front of me, Judge for driving like a demon, stribo for killing his brakes at 100mph and Frankie looking petrified in a jap box.

Thanks Nat and Rich for all the organising and hassle that comes with it, but mainly for the cake.

Had a little play with the renault sport club on way home.

See you all next year

Your car is Stunning Neal, I know we were all impressed from the comments I heard you should feel very proud mate :)

Boy was your car fast on the way home mate, I even followed you onto the motorway just to enjoy it for a little longer! :B_thumb:

Nealevo
Sunday 8th September 2013, 19:42
Your car is Stunning Neal, I know we were all impressed from the comments I heard you should feel very proud mate :)

Boy was your car fast on the way home mate, I even followed you onto the motorway just to enjoy it for a little longer! :B_thumb:

Cheers mate, I did wonder why you were going in the wrong direction on way home.. Lol

JT
Sunday 8th September 2013, 19:57
yea have to agree, a great event, thanks go to Nat & Rich for their hard work.
looking forward to see some vids/pics of my car crying enough! lol

and fantastic to meet you all again:)

gonna sit and watch the F1 now and try and chill out, its been a loooong weekend

p fandango
Sunday 8th September 2013, 20:07
looking forward to see some vids/pics of my car crying enough! lol
the in-car video's are uploading, but its saying 1098minutes till even the 1st one is finished lol

V70 Graham
Sunday 8th September 2013, 20:41
the in-car video's are uploading, but its saying 1098minutes till even the 1st one is finished lol

So that means all of them should be uploaded by TRAX 2014 lol

ExternalError
Sunday 8th September 2013, 20:49
Had a fun day nice to see some old faces and meet some new people. Thanks Nat for organising it and for the sticker.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 8th September 2013, 21:40
Fabulous day (even with a bit of rain), great people, great cars, bring on Trax 2014!

MoleT-5R
Monday 9th September 2013, 00:58
Just a quick thanks to the peeps that made Trax what it was for everyone, will pop pics and things up tomorrow

p fandango
Monday 9th September 2013, 02:49
So that means all of them should be uploaded by TRAX 2014 lol
i can't guarantee it lol

Santa
Monday 9th September 2013, 16:14
Thanks for those that have thanked me............really not necessary as I hardly did anything. (Signed a few forms and handed over my card number).

Thanks to all of those that came though :-)

Thanks to Churni and Jas for providing photography and video coverage, thanks to Chad for sorting out the Marquee and stuff, thanks to those that relayed tickets and helped set up the stand and thanks to Natalie (Pinup_Gal) who put in about 90-95% of the work over the last 8 months or so and whom without our participation at Trax wouldn't have happened. (Plus the cake, can't forget the cake! :) ).

I was supposed to take care of the weather and remember the banners, I forgot to do one and only half did the other lol.

Volvostorm
Monday 9th September 2013, 20:54
Thanks to all who helped in setting up the day, I had a great time at both Trax and the camping, can't wait for the next one!

JT
Monday 9th September 2013, 21:11
I forgot to say thanks to a few peeps.....

the Mrs ( for letting me work on the car most of the time)
Sam, (for all his hard work and computer skills)
T5 Stealth ( for being on the end of the phone when I got into trouble with the car)
Colin at Supatune, (For the mapping)
Bob at Haynes Dynotech ( for his patience when things went wrong on the dyno)
and Adam from Turbo Tuner ( went out of his way to help out and get everything working, I hope we didn't disrupt you weekend too much?)

without these guys I would not have made it to Trax at all.

:B_thumb::B_thumb:

smithy
Monday 9th September 2013, 21:19
I forgot to say thanks to a few peeps.....

the Mrs ( for letting me work on the car most of the time)
Sam, (for all his hard work and computer skills)
T5 Stealth ( for being on the end of the phone when I got into trouble with the car)
Colin at Supatune, (For the mapping)
Bob at Haynes Dynotech ( for his patience when things went wrong on the dyno)
and Adam from Turbo Tuner ( went out of his way to help out and get everything working, I hope we didn't disrupt you weekend too much?)

without these guys I would not have made it to Trax at all.

:B_thumb::B_thumb:
And now its time for engine rebuild again thanks to the car lol

JT
Monday 9th September 2013, 21:22
And now its time for engine rebuild again thanks to the car lol

I don't think that's the problem................
we'll find out when I get it apart, but it sat on idle in the garage at home sounding quite normal?????????

p fandango
Monday 9th September 2013, 21:24
I don't think that's the problem................
we'll find out when I get it apart, but it sat on idle in the garage at home sounding quite normal?????????
perhaps you did leave that ratchet in the sump after all lol

JT
Monday 9th September 2013, 21:29
perhaps you did leave that ratchet in the sump after all lol

anything is possible

I'm hoping water pump failure which took out the head gasket????
but what do I know??? lol

p fandango
Monday 9th September 2013, 21:31
anything is possible

I'm hoping water pump failure which took out the head gasket????
but what do I know??? lol
what water pump did you use in the end?

JT
Monday 9th September 2013, 21:31
what water pump did you use in the end?

standard

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th September 2013, 22:19
I had a smashing evening even if it was a tad cold & a lovely day until the heavens opened. Great to see everyone - enjoyed the track stuff, particularly enjoyed meeting Adam & the Volvaxo, catching up with friends, browsing the stands & Nat's choccy cake.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 9th September 2013, 23:07
Oh yes Dave, I forgot to mention the wonderfully scrumptious chocolate cake

V70 Graham
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 08:51
Did someone mention cake ?

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 18:27
Did someone mention cake ?
Depends on how much you were paid :D

JT
Thursday 12th September 2013, 18:54

I'll have a look now

EDIT: Sorry, can't lay my hands on them :(

Jump leads?

Are you sure?? Lol

Is one of us confused lol

I think JT wants some HT leads. ;)

And that's why girls shouldn't be allowed on the forum. :P

Like, bakes the cake xx

Kitchen work, just as it should be. :hidesbehi

You don't want cake tomorrow then Steve, or to attend the event I organised >????

Don't I?

I don't wanna stir things up again, but look what turned up today......:(

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/johnnytempest/IMG_0733_zps9f40de7c.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/johnnytempest/media/IMG_0733_zps9f40de7c.jpg.html)

Pinup_gal
Thursday 12th September 2013, 19:12
Pretty blue leads ;)

I don't wanna stir things up again, but look what turned up today......:(

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/johnnytempest/IMG_0733_zps9f40de7c.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/johnnytempest/media/IMG_0733_zps9f40de7c.jpg.html)

stribo
Thursday 12th September 2013, 19:22
Pretty blue leads ;)
Jump leads?