PDA

View Full Version : Clutch wierdness

siggi
Thursday 6th October 2005, 22:29
Help.
My 850 t5 has done it again as a while ago I went to drive away to find no clutch at all .
Just a springy pedal that felt totally disconnected .
My dealer suggested that the rear section of the resevoir may be empty due to the main resevoir being low.
Checked it and found no problem .
Tried the clutch again and it was back and has been no problem for months.
Tonight my partner came in and complained that the clutch pedal was missing!! ,when I checked the same thing had happened except this time there was about an inch of working clutch right at the bottom of travel.
I tried to drive it but there was not quite enough movement to allow the clutch to operate.
Went away and swore for a while then went back for another look ,and it was still half way down .
I lifted the clutch back up to where it should sit and ??? it returned to normal as if there had never been a problem.
I checked the resevoir again which appeared normal and I am at a loss.
Has anybody had this before and how do you fix it??

Siggi

siamblue
Thursday 6th October 2005, 23:58
I think the clutch pedals are on a rachet mechanism so obviously when they is slack it should be taken up,
Anyone else shed some light on this?

Ps The clutches are hydraulic o they might be a air lock in her.

siggi
Sunday 16th October 2005, 19:36
Don't know what happened but it has not re-occurred,so I can only pray for a while.....

fireclown
Sunday 16th October 2005, 20:19
mine suffers the same on v rare occasions. but especially in slow moving trafic. but i have not investigated it yet. jus pull up me pedal and im away.

MattB
Monday 17th October 2005, 17:30
mine suffers the same on v rare occasions. but especially in slow moving trafic. but i have not investigated it yet. jus pull up me pedal and im away.

Me too - its certainly got me confused and a little worried as well....

pault5
Monday 17th October 2005, 17:59
clutch master cylinder or clutch slave cylinder, i replaced both a while back makes a real difference in feel and much lighter than before.
paul

siggi
Monday 17th October 2005, 18:43
Sounds like a logical step.
Can anyone advise if and where I can find how to's for this as I cannot bring myself to buy a Haynes manual and surely in these days of technology that should not be necessary.....

pault5
Monday 17th October 2005, 20:02
got the parts from gs&f not cheap but cheaper than volvo dealers and exactly the same parts.
pretty straight forward to replace, buy i did use my haynes manual!
paul