PDA

View Full Version : SRS woe's

yorkipud
Sunday 13th January 2013, 18:39
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

Hope someone can help me out on this one before I loose what little hair I have left.
I had SRS lit up on the dash and thanks to the help of good souls on forums thought I had sorted the problem and so took it to a dealership to turn off the light, they couldn't turn off the light giving the reason that the seats fitted were not compatable with the car, so the wiring was wrong, (long story) so I came away and as my mot is due soon went and got second hand seats from our local breaker, cleaned them up re did the wiring (soldered joins) and hoped that was job done, once again a very kind forum member (thank you very much) came to my aid and let me drive out today and he hooked up his vida dice he cleared the light 3 times but it still came back with the same codes so if i list them could anyone give me a hint as to where I can start to try and get this sorted, one of the codes is for passenger side seat belt but there is no wiring from the belt clip and the scap yard where I got the belt clip from said he checked 4, V70's and none had wired passenger belt clips is this the norm or do I have a one off, all and any help greatly recieved.

SRS-522 seat belt buckle , passenger faulty signal
SRS-412 left SIPS bag signal missing
SRS-422 Right SIPS bag signal missing
SRS-512 seat belt buckle, driver faulty signal
checking an unlit SRS indicator lamp
checking lit SRS indicator lamp
Defective SRS control module.

regards Neil

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 13th January 2013, 18:48
Have you cleared the codes since changing the seats?

M-R-P
Sunday 13th January 2013, 18:52
"defective srs control module" sounds like the cause of the problem.
If the main control module is playing up, it could cause all the other problems.

yorkipud
Sunday 13th January 2013, 19:11
Hi
yes changed the seats yesterday and sorted the wiring and then today we tryd to reset the light but nothing.

yorkipud
Sunday 13th January 2013, 19:14
"defective srs control module" sounds like the cause of the problem.
If the main control module is playing up, it could cause all the other problems.

Hi do you know how much of a job is changing one of those? and are they interchangable (secondhand)? I did think if the wiring has been messed with if it had fried the module.

Jimmie
Sunday 13th January 2013, 19:43
All volvos has had an elec cable connected to the belt catch for years.
If you sit on the seats without clipping the belt into the holder do you have a flashing warning light in the cabin?If you don't thats another problem but might be all related together

M-R-P
Sunday 13th January 2013, 19:48
Hi do you know how much of a job is changing one of those? and are they interchangable (secondhand)? I did think if the wiring has been messed with if it had fried the module.

You may be able to get a 2nd hand one but it'll probably need flashing by a main stealer.

yorkipud
Sunday 13th January 2013, 20:24
right then the second hand seats came with a belt clip on the drivers seat(wired) but not on the passengers seat, so I fitted the one off the old seats( none wired), I've just been thinking that the old drivers seat had the new clip that I got(wired) still attached, so I have just taken that off the old seat and tryd to plug it in to the passenger seat wiring loom and it fits, the terminals in the multiplug correspond but if you put the ignition on whether anyone on the drivers seat or not and the overhead lights flash, plug in the belt clip and the lights stop even though someone sat on the passenger seat, whether the buckle clipped or not makes no difference ????? any ideas anyone

Jimmie
Sunday 13th January 2013, 20:28
Once you fasten the belt the light should go off.
Have you got a few weeks to the test?

yorkipud
Sunday 13th January 2013, 21:35
it was booked in tues but think ill have to cancel that now... runs out 4th feb.

c70geoff
Sunday 13th January 2013, 21:48
if it helps fella my srs light was on at last mot before xmas and it passed

Jimmie
Sunday 13th January 2013, 22:18
if it helps fella my srs light was on at last mot before xmas and it passed
You were lucky because your vehicle should have failed .
It is now part of the mot test since last year but your garage is maybe working to the old rules

c70geoff
Sunday 13th January 2013, 22:28
guess im lucky then sorry fella