PDA

View Full Version : That time again....

M-R-P
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:30
Well, the Big Sweed will be in for MOT next week. Not something I'm bothered about but there's always that little niggle in the back of my mind... what if...

Any hoo, I'll be treating her to oil and a full set of filters tomorrow as well as going over the underpinnings - brakes, bushes etc.
Having dismantled most of the underside of the car recently I'm confident that all is good.
She's been a little more thirstier than usual so I'll give the maf a clean and probably disconnect the battery for a couple of hours to reset the ecu.

I've put the generic code reader on her and there's no codes.

Once I've done all that, it'll be a wash and wax and a good clean inside.

Pics to follow.

Santa
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:32
Mines due as well.

Good luck to the big sweed :)

M-R-P
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:34
Mines due as well.

Good luck to the big sweed :)

Good luck to yours too...

...Can't fail on a clutch can it lmao ;)

Santa
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:35
Good luck to yours too...

...Can't fail on a clutch can it lmao ;)

Back might fail though if I have to push it to the garage lol

M-R-P
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:36
Back might fail though if I have to push it to the garage lol

:hilarious

silverhorse
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:45
If you go into an MOT prepared, which you obviously do, then you will be OK. The only thing out of our control is emissions. That's where you keep everything crossed!!
Or it fails on something stupid like the rear wiper blade that you forgot to check:redface:
Like you say, you have had the car in bits and probably know it better than the Swedes who built it!!
You'll be fine......................famous last words

Kingsford G
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:52
Mine is going next week too.Good luck with yrs mate.

M-R-P
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:55
If you go into an MOT prepared, which you obviously do, then you will be OK. The only thing out of our control is emissions. That's where you keep everything crossed!!
Or it fails on something stupid like the rear wiper blade that you forgot to check:redface:
Like you say, you have had the car in bits and probably know it better than the Swedes who built it!!
You'll be fine......................famous last words
She'll be fine mate ;)

Mine is going next week too.Good luck with yrs mate.

And good luck to yours too :) Let us know how you get on.

Kingsford G
Saturday 12th January 2013, 23:57
And good luck to yours too :) Let us know how you get on.

Will do,doing cambelt,w/pump,thermostat before that too.

Nealevo
Sunday 13th January 2013, 00:07
Martin, as you've had suspension off, just check the bolts as my rear spring lower bolts had worked loose due to the springs reseating, maybe it's only on 850s but always worth a look
Good luck..... Not that you'll need it.

M-R-P
Sunday 13th January 2013, 00:21
Martin, as you've had suspension off, just check the bolts as my rear spring lower bolts had worked loose due to the springs reseating, maybe it's only on 850s but always worth a look
Good luck..... Not that you'll need it.

No need with a P2 mate - the soddin' great springs (quite a bit bigger than P1) sit in a cup at the bottom and a rubber thingamybob at the top - the shock runs down the middle. However - I had issues with a trailing arm bolt when changing the springs on the back and resolving it required an angle grinder and some threaded bar ;) It all looked ok when I removed the nivs this week tho, so I'm happy that bit's ok.

V70 Graham
Sunday 13th January 2013, 06:00
Car will be fine mate, just be thankful the condition of the owners not part of the test !

LiamT4
Sunday 13th January 2013, 12:45
Mine is going in on the 22nd, but you all would probably find it funny if mine failed ;-)

JamesT5
Sunday 13th January 2013, 12:56
Mine is due in March and I would ideally like to get it through with no advisories or no failures. Unlike MRP, for the most part I don't do my own repairs or even try any more unless it's a really simple job, because everything is just so hard to get on and off these cars. Therefore, I'm always wondering have I missed this or that or something I'm not even aware of.

I'd be sticking some fuel injector cleaner through (the strong stuff) before mine just to wow the MOT tester with my low Hydrocarbons.

Regards

James

M-R-P
Sunday 13th January 2013, 13:49
Mine is going in on the 22nd, but you all would probably find it funny if mine failed ;-)

If it makes it there in the first place lol.;)

oblark
Sunday 13th January 2013, 15:37
Mine had it`s MOT back in November, Had only one advisory near side outer drive shaft gaitor showing sign of splitting.

Been out today to give the old girl a wash and found that the off side outer drive shaft gaitor has split :(

I`m now on the look out for a drive shaft :)

Harvey
Sunday 13th January 2013, 17:35
Mines mot is next sat am ,we will see.
I know last time the tester would not put it on the brake rollers just did the old type tester on the floor.

graemewelch
Sunday 13th January 2013, 17:46
motd mine last tues. passed first time with no advisories.

M-R-P
Sunday 13th January 2013, 19:19
Did the oil and filters today and had time to give her a wash...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/just%20stuff/DSCF9718.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/just%20stuff/DSCF9720.jpg

I decided not to go for a wax session as ice was starting to form on the roof when I rinsed it lol.

oblark
Sunday 13th January 2013, 19:21
Looking good :)

V70 Graham
Sunday 13th January 2013, 19:33
Yup looking good mate, can't wait to see it next week all lowered.

M-R-P
Monday 14th January 2013, 17:08
Car is now booked in for the MOT on Thursday at 10 am...

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 10:07
well I just dropped the Sweed in for her MOT...

:worried:

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 10:18
Did the oil and filters today and had time to give her a wash...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/just%20stuff/DSCF9718.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/just%20stuff/DSCF9720.jpg

I decided not to go for a wax session as ice was starting to form on the roof when I rinsed it lol.

That ride height is looking much better now Martin, I'll post a picture of mine when it's been lowered (being done as I type), but it may have to wait til the snow has melted before I can go out with the camera. :)

Regards

James

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 10:25
Thanks James.
I'll be interested to hear how yours rides after the work.
I think mine, due to the bigger roll bars, polybushes and different shock/spring combination will have different characteristics in the ride to yours but there's no doubt your car will be far better than you're used to. Hopefully, you'll really start to appreciate how good these cars are, without wondering what'll fall off it next ;)

You may need 4 -wheel alignment after the work, if the garage don't do it as part of the work.

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 10:32
Thanks James.
I'll be interested to hear how yours rides after the work.
I think mine, due to the bigger roll bars, polybushes and different shock/spring combination will have different characteristics in the ride to yours but there's no doubt your car will be far better than you're used to. Hopefully, you'll really start to appreciate how good these cars are, without wondering what'll fall off it next ;)

You may need 4 -wheel alignment after the work, if the garage don't do it as part of the work.

Yes the 4 wheel alignment is something I've considered already given the amount of alterations that will be going on underneath the car. Unfortunately that will have to wait until February as I've completely blown my budget this month just getting these parts fitted. I've spent £820 on parts in 2 months plus there's going to be around a £300 labour bill on top, and on top of that I've had to get the oil and filter done this week (£41.85) and purchased some PAS fluid as £12 so it all adds up. A 4 wheel alignment here will set me back about £60 so as you can imagine, it will have to wait 3 weeks. I have asked the garage to check the alignment as best they can but they don't have the facilities to do a comprehensive job.

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 10:38
There's a trick I do that uses some string, a bungee and an adjustable spanner that gets me close, until I get alignment done. When I did my track rods, the car was miles out. after the string and bungee trick it was pretty close with just a slight pull to the left.

stribo
Thursday 17th January 2013, 10:51
Any news?

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 11:14
Any minute...

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 11:45
There's a trick I do that uses some string, a bungee and an adjustable spanner that gets me close, until I get alignment done. When I did my track rods, the car was miles out. after the string and bungee trick it was pretty close with just a slight pull to the left.

I remember the diagram you sent me. :D

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 12:03
Passed :D

Advisories...

Evidence of wheel contact in both front wheelarch liners - Well Duh - it's a P2 with 225 tyres and it's been lowered ;)
o/s/f brake hose in poor condition.
Lift in both front top suspension mountings... that's new top bearings required isn't it?
Water ingress into n/s headlamp.

Not too bad, at least all the things I've been fiddling with have passed lol.

stribo
Thursday 17th January 2013, 12:08
Nice one, a good opportunity to upgrade to braided hoses. ;)

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 12:23
Passed :D

Advisories...

Evidence of wheel contact in both front wheelarch liners - Well Duh - it's a P2 with 225 tyres and it's been lowered ;)
o/s/f brake hose in poor condition.
Lift in both front top suspension mountings... that's new top bearings required isn't it?
Water ingress into n/s headlamp.

Not too bad, at least all the things I've been fiddling with have passed lol.

At least it's roadworthy! I thought you'd done the strut mounts when you lowered the car? To be honest, if you avoid the main stealers the mounts aren't that expensive and I'm glad mine are getting changed with all the other stuff as we speak. The lower srping bit is about £15 - £20 and the bearing I think is around £30 - £35 so £100 for the front end and another £40 to do the back mounts.

As for the wheel rubbing, I thought the MOT centres had been advised about this with a Memo from Volvo, so why are they putting an advisory notice on that? I'd be challenging that notice with an appeal and get a copy of the Memo from Volvo UK.

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 12:23
Hmm... I may have to spend as little as possible on the hoses - the strut top plates cost between 55 and 110 quid :yikes:

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 12:32
Hmm... I may have to spend as little as possible on the hoses - the strut top plates cost between 55 and 110 quid :yikes:

Ok, I was slightly out but £55 - £110... you've got to be kidding, right? :crazy: I brought 2 of these for £43.50 each delivered, and they're just as good!........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360536070612

The lower spring seat............

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160789389125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Parts For Volvos do an uprated spring seat for £55 that uses a higher quality material that lasts longer but to be honest, if I'm changing struts I'll change the mounts as well and visa versa, so I just went for the standard ones above.

Rear strut mounts......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290837201522

Would you believe Volvo want £106 each for these rear mounts when they are around £20 online. Just shows what a rip-off the dealer parts departments are.

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 12:35
But honestly, shop around as you may even be able to get them cheaper again, cheaper than the ones I've purchased. I'd be impressed if you can though...... :D :B_thumb:

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 13:00
At least it's roadworthy! I thought you'd done the strut mounts when you lowered the car? To be honest, if you avoid the main stealers the mounts aren't that expensive and I'm glad mine are getting changed with all the other stuff as we speak. The lower srping bit is about £15 - £20 and the bearing I think is around £30 - £35 so £100 for the front end and another £40 to do the back mounts.

As for the wheel rubbing, I thought the MOT centres had been advised about this with a Memo from Volvo, so why are they putting an advisory notice on that? I'd be challenging that notice with an appeal and get a copy of the Memo from Volvo UK.

I did the lower (rubber snail) part of the top mount when I did the shocks, to be honest, they looked "peeky" then.

That's why it's an advisory not a fail, besides, they're rubbing quit a lot lol

The work needed is pretty simple and won't take long, it's just funding the parts (I want the heavy duty stuff;))

V70 Graham
Thursday 17th January 2013, 13:03
Glad to hear she passed mate, few minor jobs and you'll be sorted

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 13:27
I did the lower (rubber snail) part of the top mount when I did the shocks, to be honest, they looked "peeky" then.

That's why it's an advisory not a fail, besides, they're rubbing quit a lot lol

The work needed is pretty simple and won't take long, it's just funding the parts (I want the heavy duty stuff;))

I'm not convinced by the 'heavy duty' stuff, I think they make out it lasts longer but even standard parts will last years depending on your driving style.

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 13:32
Being ex plod, mine would have come with the heavy duty stuff already on it. The knackered top mounts are original - with 197k on them :)

t5 pete
Thursday 17th January 2013, 13:35

Always get the best quality braking parts you can afford its your life at the end of the day either go with good quality standard parts or treat here to some new braided lines

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 13:38
Always get the best quality braking parts you can afford its your life at the end of the day either go with good quality standard parts or treat here to some new braided lines

I suppose I could have phrased that better ;)
I meant I probably wouldn't splash out on colour-coded braided lines.

After all, I carry my wife and little boy around in that thing.

Kingsford G
Thursday 17th January 2013, 13:51
Happy days mate.My mot tester missed a cracked brake hose lol I`ll be fitting a braded ones I think.

silverhorse
Thursday 17th January 2013, 15:39
Glad all OK. Always a nervous time, even if you think all should be good. I remember the wifes car going in and I thought it would breeze through. I had to go and collect it on a trailer:eek: A couple of weeks later I took my Shogun in expecting a disaster, and she sailed through. Go figure!

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 15:47

I've gone for the best braking parts I can afford - the cheap ones! Compare those to the worn discs and calipers on the car originally and they're 10 times better... :)

JamesT5
Thursday 17th January 2013, 15:56
Glad all OK. Always a nervous time, even if you think all should be good. I remember the wifes car going in and I thought it would breeze through. I had to go and collect it on a trailer:eek: A couple of weeks later I took my Shogun in expecting a disaster, and she sailed through. Go figure!

You know what, I think it depends on the Tester on duty and the mood they're in - I'm serious. Some MOT test centres seem to pick on every stupid little thing yet some are a little bit more relaxed. For example, when I got my Volvo in March last year, the MOT had just been done yet look at the state of the car underneath, they even passed it with a split in the ball joint dust cover, marking it only as an advisory where this is normally an automatic fail. Most MOT centres would have failed it and when I had the ball joints changed, the faulty ball joint (I still have it in a box), was totally screwed and this was within 6 months of buying the car.

I think there is varying standards depending on the MOT centre and some will fail a car on a simple thing such as a lightbulb, rather than using their common sense and just changing it. This sort of mentality really irritates me.

V70 Graham
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:03
I've gone for the best braking parts I can afford - the cheap ones! Compare those to the worn discs and calipers on the car originally and they're 10 times better... :)

Brake parts can vary enormously in price, so long as you are sensible you will be fine, as you say the new parts will be 10 times better than what you have at present.

V70 Graham
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:09
Brake parts can vary enormously in price, so long as you are sensible you will be fine, as you say the new parts will be 10 times better than what you have at present.

Such as these for my P1 :yikes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tarox-Volvo-S70-V70-All-models-97-00-Front-Brake-Kit-325mm-6-Pot-/290724425979?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b086b0fb

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:29

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tarox-Volvo-S70-V70-All-models-97-00-Front-Brake-Kit-325mm-6-Pot-/290724425979?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b086b0fb

If you bought those mate, I wouldn't fit them for you, I'd mount them in a glass case lol.

V70 Graham
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:34
If you bought those mate, I wouldn't fit them for you, I'd mount them in a glass case lol.

If I bought those I'd need my bumps read ! :cuckoo:

stribo
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:36

You don't go fast enough to need brakes. :P

V70 Graham
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:39
You don't go fast enough to need brakes. :P

Oh dear.....my Cat seems to have just soiled your Orange mats :hilarious

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:46
Hahahahahahahaha

stribo
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:49
That's o.k., my little boy's going to throw up in your car on Sunday. :D

V70 Graham
Thursday 17th January 2013, 16:53
That's o.k., my little boy's going to throw up in your car on Sunday. :D

All seats, boot, bonnet etc will be covered by foam lol :P

Kingsford G
Thursday 17th January 2013, 17:11
I had no doubt yr car would pass Martin,well lloked after mate :B_thumb:

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 17:15
I had no doubt yr car would pass Martin,well lloked after mate :B_thumb:

Thanks mate, I try. I knew the brake hoses were a bit iffy, didn't realise they were that bad. I knew the top mounts were worn too. I expect the new springs finished them off.

Kingsford G
Thursday 17th January 2013, 17:33
Thanks mate, I try. I knew the brake hoses were a bit iffy, didn't realise they were that bad. I knew the top mounts were worn too. I expect the new springs finished them off.
One brake hose had cracks on it.I think I can get the local hose ppl get a braded lines with a steel fixings for the price of standard.Rear brakes very poor,max is 38kg when they should be at least 150kg.

iancho
Thursday 17th January 2013, 19:57
Congrats on your pass mate :smile:

M-R-P
Thursday 17th January 2013, 20:35
Congrats on your pass mate :smile:

Cheerz mate, now I have a valid excuse to get my hands dirty again lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 21:13
Look what Mr postie brought me today...

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/4DF3D917-orig.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/04B2D9AD-orig.jpg

57 quid for a full set , posted. Another busy weekend ahead.

stribo
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 21:28
Oooooooo, shiny. :D

V70 Graham
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 22:20
Looking forward to the write up :o

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 22:21
Anybody want a "how-to"? It's a pretty simple job but I'll do it if anybody asks...?

V70 Graham
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 22:26
Anybody want a "how-to"? It's a pretty simple job but I'll do it if anybody asks...?

I'm more interested in the difference they make.

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 22:45
I'm more interested in the difference they make.

In all honesty, unless the original hose is bulging (which they do, if the internal braid fails) I can't see it making much difference. I'll post any findings, as always (Valid post-unusual for me lol)

silverhorse
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 23:28
I had braided hoses on my race car, but I can't help think that they are overkill on a road car. They look nice though. When you have the wheel off!!
But, as an excuse to get you out of the house.............:smile:

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 23:31
Thing is (and you made a very valid point) they should last longer than OE ones, and they're a "known" brand. A full kit for 57 quid?

Good pub ammo, if nothing else lol.

silverhorse
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 23:38
Thing is (and you made a very valid point) they should last longer than OE ones, and they're a "known" brand. A full kit for 57 quid?

TBH, for £57, I will be doing the exact same thing. Fit and forget for the rest of the cars life.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 23:40

They look very shiny mate,OE ones cost more than £57.On my car I looked up old mot`s 1 front hose was an advisory for 3 years lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 23:41
Imagine getting a stealer to fit a full set....

silverhorse
Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 23:44
Imagine getting a stealer to fit a full set....
Oooooh, don't!!

Kingsford G
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 21:56
Look what Mr postie brought me today...

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/4DF3D917-orig.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/04B2D9AD-orig.jpg

Got them fitted yet Martin?

M-R-P
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 21:58
Got them fitted yet Martin?

No mate - the weather's been crap. Hopefully Saturday will be a good day ;)

Although I have a 4L bottle of Dot-4 in the shed...

I need to buy/make a flair spanner to undo the old brake lines.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, 22:01
The rear ones were a bit of pain,had to cut 1 pipe and make one up.Flair spanner is a must tool

Harvey
Saturday 26th January 2013, 12:54
My Motor was in for MOT this morning at 8 o'clock passed with no advisors and Emissions were the same as last year with the new exhaust system can't be bad :wink:

Also noticed on the new MOT paperwork it lists the last four years worth of mileages at MOT ,not bad thing.

V70 Graham
Saturday 26th January 2013, 13:28
Glad your all sorted Harvey, it's always a relief.

Harvey
Saturday 26th January 2013, 13:30
Well to be honest I did give it a wash and looked at the lights and that was the Preparation for MOT.

M-R-P
Saturday 26th January 2013, 15:14
Well, new hoses all fitted. Had trouble with the flair nuts not wanting to turn on the hard pipe. However, I found a way around it and there'll be a write up later on tonight.
Going for a test drive in a sec and will update with any improvements ;)

Harvey
Saturday 26th January 2013, 15:29
How clean was the fluid that came out ,or was it black.
I think the big test will be 140 mph to 0 mph in a nice straight line :lol:

M-R-P
Saturday 26th January 2013, 15:49
How clean was the fluid that came out ,or was it black.
I think the big test will be 140 mph to 0 mph in a nice straight line :lol:
The fluid has only been in there 18 months or so. It was nice and clean :)
Just been for a drive and to be honest, there's not a lot of difference other than a slightly firmer pedal under braking.

Kingsford G
Saturday 26th January 2013, 16:09
Did u have a little play with the rears?I did.

Harvey
Saturday 26th January 2013, 18:08
The fluid has only been in there 18 months or so. It was nice and clean :)
Just been for a drive and to be honest, there's not a lot of difference other than a slightly firmer pedal under braking.

Like you say you should not feel that much difference as the fluid is not that old, but something nice and shiny always helps.

M-R-P
Saturday 26th January 2013, 18:19
Did u have a little play with the rears?I did.

I took the easy way and removed the rear callipers and turned them while screwing the hose into the seized flair nut ;)

Kingsford G
Saturday 26th January 2013, 18:23
I took the easy way and removed the rear callipers and turned them while screwing the hose into the seized flair nut ;)

On mine 1 of the pipes was rusted on so had to cut it where it joins the flexy hose and make a new pipe,good job I have a flaring tool and good job I`ve done them all.What is yr next job Martin?

M-R-P
Saturday 26th January 2013, 18:26
Like you say you should not feel that much difference as the fluid is not that old, but something nice and shiny always helps.

As far as I can tell, the old hoses have been on there since day 1. So I'm guessing there was some give in them. There's definitely a more positive feel under braking.

Harvey
Saturday 26th January 2013, 20:20
Just to ask did you get a price for volvo ones as they can't be to bad if they lasted as long as they did.

M-R-P
Saturday 26th January 2013, 20:25
Not directly but I remember someone saying a full set was more expensive than these braided ones.
I can't say for sure if the old ones have been changed by plod but it wasn't in the reather comprehensive service sheet from Leicestershire plod, so I presumed they were original. They were pretty corroded and the rubber was shagged!

Kingsford G
Saturday 26th January 2013, 20:27
Not directly but I remember someone saying a full set was more expensive than these braided ones.
I can't say for sure if the old ones have been changed by plod but it wasn't in the reather comprehensive service sheet from Leicestershire plod, so I presumed they were original. They were pretty corroded and the rubber was shagged!
It was me who said original ones more expensive `cos they r,even OE Pagid ones from ECP came to me with a trade discount £15 ish

M-R-P
Saturday 26th January 2013, 20:31
Ouch! I saw "OE quality" ones on evil-bay for £7 each but didn't want to take the risk.

Kingsford G
Saturday 26th January 2013, 21:00
Ouch! I saw "OE quality" ones on evil-bay for £7 each but didn't want to take the risk.
Won`t be OE mate,probably some cheap ones u shouldn`t trust.

M-R-P
Saturday 26th January 2013, 21:05
Won`t be OE mate,probably some cheap ones u shouldn`t trust.

Exactly my opinion mate. Besides - the stainless braided stuff looks nice and shiny :D

Kingsford G
Saturday 26th January 2013, 21:10
Exactly my opinion mate. Besides - the stainless braided stuff looks nice and shiny :D

And should last for the rest of the cars life.

M-R-P
Saturday 26th January 2013, 21:14
And should last for the rest of the cars life.

That's what I told the wife ;)