PDA

View Full Version : General Enquiry

welderone
Saturday 12th January 2013, 14:19
As I have just got my first Volvo S60 I have a question to ask, having owned VAG cars in the past you were able to go into the ODP port and enable certain electrical items like auto hi-jack and windows up and down with your remote button, Is this possible on Volvo cars too, your help would be appreciated. Peter

Santa
Saturday 12th January 2013, 14:38
It is possible to enable features that are present but I don't believe auto up of windows is a feature the standard BCU supports. (Though you can buy a CanBus Extender http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?48179-New-toy-to-buy-if-you-like-to-mod-you-car-!!)

Kingsford G
Saturday 12th January 2013, 14:51
I had VAG cars for nearly 20 years too,love audis but a bit less than my R.A few times I found my passat with open windows and wet seats thanx to that option so don`t really want that any more.What engine is your car mate.Post some pic`s if you can.

welderone
Saturday 12th January 2013, 14:53
Pictures in the welcome thread. Peter

Al115
Saturday 12th January 2013, 19:17
Hello. The level to which you can enable/disable stuff depends to an extent on the year of your S60. Certain functions might involve a trip to the dealer to "download software" (chargeable...) from their computer. Compared to many other marques on the market, until the most recent Volvo models at least, it's actually quite a pain to tweak the standard electrical functions.