PDA

View Full Version : t5 is gone :-(

fireplums
Thursday 6th October 2005, 16:23
thats it my t5 has been sold. A sad day indeed as I had spent loads getting it perfect but it longer meets my requirements as I`m doing a fair few miles nowadays.

I am looking at a fabia vrs / Seat tdi which I'm assured will keep me happy with a few tweaks.. we'll see.

anyhows cheers for all the tips and pointers who knows when I'm a bit more flush I might pick up a t5r/ R saloon as a weekend toy, would still love a 340bhp volvo..... hmm

Vikingxl
Thursday 6th October 2005, 16:31
Its a sad day for you hope you get another one soon!Has the new owner been pointed in this direction?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 6th October 2005, 16:35
Don't worry chap - if you're ever up my way - you can have a go in mine. It has a few more than 304 gee gees.

Andrew
Thursday 6th October 2005, 16:37
Or he could buy my T-5R for the weekend.
:)

S60D5
Thursday 6th October 2005, 16:43
Don't worry chap - if you're ever up my way - you can have a go in mine. It has a few more than 304 gee gees.

How many are you up to Dave?

I've just realised that your C70 is not red! Get a respray rather than the vertical doors man

Andrew
Thursday 6th October 2005, 16:48
Black is a b**ch to keep clean... as we know from seeing your car at the weekend Dave *tsktsk*

*stands back waits for explosion*
:)

*stands back again realising that Dave is his weekend delivery man for £500 worth of gear *gulp**

Dave my dear man - if you need anything - just ask

Murphy
Thursday 6th October 2005, 16:52
No need to panic - you can still have the performance, just not luxury, comfort and 5 pot burble :( <unless you get a D5 :eclipsee_

BlackBeast
Thursday 6th October 2005, 17:08
Dave my dear man - if you need anything - just ask

Id be gulping at that comment Andrew LMAO!

LeeT5
Thursday 6th October 2005, 18:20
I am looking at a fabia vrs / Seat tdi which I'm assured will keep me happy with a few tweaks.. we'll see.

Whats wrong wiv keeping the T5?? I used to commute Maidstone - Ripon every week and in the 3 years never broke down once...MPG about 31 doing mostly 80mph. :remybussi

PS dont get the seat m8..fraut with electrical problems.
(i know cos i am AA patrol) skodas ok :frown:

S60D5
Thursday 6th October 2005, 18:31
Whats wrong wiv keeping the T5?? I used to commute Maidstone - Ripon every week and in the 3 years never broke down once...MPG about 31 doing mostly 80mph. :remybussi

PS dont get the seat m8..fraut with electrical problems.
(i know cos i am AA patrol) skodas ok :frown:

Did you once come to the aid of one of my friends in a Quantum kit-car convertable about a year ago? He ran out of fuel on a small industrial estate near the SVA centre. I only ask as it was in the Maidstone area, the guy, an AA patrol, said he had a black 850 T5 and I was there also in our white T5 estate! I'm sure he was a Lee too!

Hmm. That would be a coincidence!!

LeeT5
Thursday 6th October 2005, 18:45
Did you once come to the aid of one of my friends in a Quantum kit-car convertable about a year ago? He ran out of fuel on a small industrial estate near the SVA centre. I only ask as it was in the Maidstone area, the guy, an AA patrol, said he had a black 850 T5 and I was there also in our white T5 estate! I'm sure he was a Lee too!

Hmm. That would be a coincidence!!

:jaw: OMG WHAT A SMALL WORLD WE LIVE IN...YEAH THAT WAS ME DUDE. :wave23d: :wave23d: :wave23d: :wow:

S60D5
Thursday 6th October 2005, 18:56
:jaw: OMG WHAT A SMALL WORLD WE LIVE IN...YEAH THAT WAS ME DUDE. :wave23d: :wave23d: :wave23d: :wow:

Wow! I remember talking to you about the T5's for a bit, I was looking for an 850 T5R at the time, but ended up getting a standard T5 and putting an S70R engine in it when the original engine went bang in Germany at 140ish mph!

Al115
Thursday 6th October 2005, 19:07
Now that's just scary :slap:

LeeT5
Thursday 6th October 2005, 23:47
Wow! I remember talking to you about the T5's for a bit, I was looking for an 850 T5R at the time, but ended up getting a standard T5 and putting an S70R engine in it when the original engine went bang in Germany at 140ish mph!

Well Dave? Im still an AA Patrol and still in Maidstone. Did the kit car make it home??
I will maybe see you some time then at a meet or when you break down...

S60D5
Friday 7th October 2005, 00:21
Well Dave? Im still an AA Patrol and still in Maidstone. Did the kit car make it home??
I will maybe see you some time then at a meet or when you break down...

Yes, Kit car made it home, (but failed the SVA test that day!), we missed the appointment so had to wait 'til the end of the day before the test could be done. I took my revenge by going back on the M25 causing my friend to drive at 80mph in the cold with no roof. Haha. I was happily sitting in a climate controlled 23 degrees!

There is a Kent meet soon, it's advertised on the VOC forum and will be held at a garage so all ramps etc will be avaliable for use. Sunday 16th October 12-4. I might try to get along to that if possible. PM me for details!

LeeT5
Friday 7th October 2005, 10:10
Yes, Kit car made it home, (but failed the SVA test that day!), we missed the appointment so had to wait 'til the end of the day before the test could be done. I took my revenge by going back on the M25 causing my friend to drive at 80mph in the cold with no roof. Haha. I was happily sitting in a climate controlled 23 degrees!

There is a Kent meet soon, it's advertised on the VOC forum and will be held at a garage so all ramps etc will be avaliable for use. Sunday 16th October 12-4. I might try to get along to that if possible. PM me for details!

:B_rotfl: :B_rotfl: NICE ONE!!
I would have like to have gone to that meet but i am working 0700-1715.
:frown:
Another time