PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter and Air Filter Options...

JamesT5
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 14:10
This sounds silly but am I right in thinking that there are different fuel filter fittings for the P2 T5? Just looking at GSF car parts and there's two different fuel filters which are different diameters - one that's 80mm and the other is 86mm. I really don't want to get this part from a Main Stealer as they'll charge an arm and a leg but I want to make sure I don't buy a part that won't fit...

Secondly, I want to put a cone air filter on the car and I know from chatting to MRP that i need ideally, and 86mm collar size one. Looking on Fleabay there aren't really any 86mm collar filters apart from one that looks over priced, so will an 84mm or and 89mm fit ok do you think?

Thanks for any advice....

Regards

James

p fandango
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 15:13
are you sure you want an 86mm air filter, thats 3.44inches (ie bloody big lol). If it is right, you MIGHT be able to pry the 84mm on as its only 2mm difference

JamesT5
Thursday 10th January 2013, 15:11
86mm is the collar size isn't it?

M-R-P
Thursday 10th January 2013, 15:40
I'll measure mine later mate, you can make an 89mm fit with some tape round the maf ;) you may struggle if the collar is too small.

As for the fuel filter, its held on with a strap so go for the bigger one and if its too big, it'll still clamp - up.