PDA

View Full Version : Shropshire/Mid-Wales Meet-up 10/2/2013

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 8th January 2013, 22:35
Hi folks just thought it might be nice to have another gathering of the Volvo clan, not sure yet of the venue, as we have had few now at The Two Henry's Shrewsbury and I was wondering whether we wanted to try some different places and move the meets about a bit. This would make it easier for the more distant members that, they would have a few meets that could be a little closer and would spice things up a bit with some different scenery and possible photo shoots

Anyway I have my thinking cap on and I'm also open to ideas and look forward to seeing you all again soon

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 8th January 2013, 23:15
That's the day before my birthday. I should be able to come.

claymore
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 07:22
I don't think i'll have the car done by then.

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 19:54

We won't think any the less of you for turning up in a ford....lol or I could pick you up.. :bud:

That's the day before my birthday. I should be able to come.

In that case you better get Mrs WD to drive as we'll have to get you a couple of Peroni's to celebrate the 41st :partysmil

Volvostorm
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 20:00

Never stopped me, has it?! ;)

claymore
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 20:05
Never stopped me, has it?! ;)
It's a Volvo owners meet, for Volvos.

Volvostorm
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 20:07

Nah, it gets boring looking at all the same cars!

I might drag mine out, one day

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 20:12

shall I pick you up then or arrange a VOLVO taxi....lol

claymore
Wednesday 9th January 2013, 20:14
shall I pick you up then or arrange a VOLVO taxi....lol
the engine change might not be to bad, a couple of the big changes I had planned, I'm going to hold back on, so hopefully it will be all done by the 10th

kfc
Thursday 24th January 2013, 09:32
Any more details on the venue yet? if all goes well i should be able to come to along. "which was nice"

ExternalError
Thursday 24th January 2013, 10:00
I'll be up for this just waiting on the venue

MoleT-5R
Thursday 24th January 2013, 17:51
Any more details on the venue yet? if all goes well i should be able to come to along. "which was nice"

I'll be up for this just waiting on the venue

Sorry guy's, better getting my §§§§ in gear and getting sorted, had left it open to see if anyone had any bright idea's, I'll get the map out and have a look

ExternalError
Friday 25th January 2013, 08:58
http://www.drivingroads.co.uk/pass-of-llanberis-north-west-wales

This little drive would be nice at some point although maybe for another meet

MoleT-5R
Friday 25th January 2013, 09:04
http://www.drivingroads.co.uk/pass-of-llanberis-north-west-wales

This little drive would be nice at some point although maybe for another meet

Yep your on the money with that one, might be able to fit it into, what might possibly be called The VPCUK Tour of Wales 2013 thingy I'm planning for the summer

ExternalError
Friday 25th January 2013, 09:24
I'd be up for that will have to get the camping gear sorted

T5 ALIVE
Friday 25th January 2013, 16:17
I've just joined recently and have been waiting to show off my 97 v70 T5 in frost green. Can't offer much of a show of strength though as i'm having some airflow problems at the mo. In response to your request, I believe Southend on sea, Essex would be the perfect place. The car scene used to be amazing here so lets bring southend alive with the sound of T5.....
happy new year to all and hope to see volvo muscle near me soon.

claymore
Friday 25th January 2013, 16:25
I've just joined recently and have been waiting to show off my 97 v70 T5 in frost green. Can't offer much of a show of strength though as i'm having some airflow problems at the mo. In response to your request, I believe Southend on sea, Essex would be the perfect place. The car scene used to be amazing here so lets bring southend alive with the sound of T5.....
happy new year to all and hope to see volvo muscle near me soon.

Hello, and welcome, Southend on sea isn't really very close to the west midlands and Shropshire. :)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 25th January 2013, 17:08
God & I thought I didn't bother reading posts

PHIL V70R
Friday 25th January 2013, 19:03
some one give him sat nav lol

T5 ALIVE
Friday 25th January 2013, 20:37
Thank you. I know it's some distance for most but as you were saying, other people travel some distances for meets. It's just nice "sometimes" to show a different crowd what's under that 4ft bonnet. I would go to the top of scotland for the right meet.

claymore
Friday 25th January 2013, 20:52
Thank you. I know it's some distance for most but as you were saying, other people travel some distances for meets. It's just nice "sometimes" to show a different crowd what's under that 4ft bonnet. I would go to the top of scotland for the right meet.

Totaly agree, and a lot of us do travel all over the country to meets. but this thread is about a monthly local meet.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 25th January 2013, 20:59

When I started out - I'd travel miles just to see an envelope open - if it had Volvo written on it. And yes I have been to a Scottish meet...

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/galleries/my_c70_in_scotland.htm

more than once.

But sadly this is not one of them - but you'd be most welcome. Southern Softies have a regular meet too.

T5 ALIVE
Friday 25th January 2013, 21:10
sorry hadn't updated my area but will be in shrewsbury and all over soon as my airflow is sorted and had my IPD remap. You are more than welcome in southend on an annual meet if it can be organised. Plenty of camp sites and proper roads. hope to see you all soon.
ps. I'm struggling to get someone to make me show plates, anyone any ideas.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 25th January 2013, 21:14
As a site organised annual meet we are using TRAX (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?48332-Trax-2013-Information)at Silverstone.

PHIL V70R
Friday 25th January 2013, 22:25
lmao....love this site...:wtf

Biff
Saturday 26th January 2013, 08:54
I'm up for the tour of wales but won't be making the 10th due to work...

T5frankie
Saturday 26th January 2013, 09:23
sorry hadn't updated my area but will be in shrewsbury and all over soon as my airflow is sorted and had my IPD remap. You are more than welcome in southend on an annual meet if it can be organised. Plenty of camp sites and proper roads. hope to see you all soon.
ps. I'm struggling to get someone to make me show plates, anyone any ideas.

there is a monthly essex meet near basildon

T5 ALIVE
Saturday 26th January 2013, 19:09
Thanks mate, do you know what date these are on or have a link i can follow.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 10:57
10th February 2013 Shropeshire / Mid Wales Meet Up

Sorry folks, I have been dragging my heels a bit lately and have not sorted the venue, so I propose that we meet at The Two Henry's Shrewsbury about 1.30-2.00pm

We could at some point have a brainstorming session on ideas for further meet venues, locations with piccy opportunities ( to keep V70 Graham and a few others happy) and plan ahead for the next couple of meets. So please turn up as many of you as possible as I would like to Include as many of your ideas as possible

See all of you soon

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=two+henrys+shrewsbury&hl=en&ll=52.746736,-2.712765&spn=0.014522,0.027595&hq=two+henrys&hnear=Shrewsbury,+Shropshire,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=15 (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=two+henrys+shrewsbury&hl=en&ll=52.746736,-2.712765&spn=0.014522,0.027595&hq=two+henrys&hnear=Shrewsbury,+Shropshire,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=15)

V70 Graham
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 11:19
Working on the 10th but we'll get to a Shropshire/Mid Wales meet at some point this year.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 19:16
Working on the 10th but we'll get to a Shropshire/Mid Wales meet at some point this year.

Graham your more than welcome to pop along anytime and we look forward to seeing you and your very nice V70 in our neck of the woods.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 21:24
I'll be there - it's ma burfday

claymore
Saturday 2nd February 2013, 21:28
I'll be there, but not in the Volvo

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 6th February 2013, 21:25
OK folks who's popping along on sunday then, It will be a good chance to shape the future meets this year, all ideas welcome

T5frankie
Wednesday 6th February 2013, 21:30
I'll be there - it's ma burfday

not as good as a meet as last year then?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 6th February 2013, 21:30
me & mini wobbles.

claymore
Wednesday 6th February 2013, 21:36
I'll be there

smithy
Wednesday 6th February 2013, 21:44
Not me I'm afraid

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 6th February 2013, 21:52
not as good as a meet as last year then?

Sorry no - but 42 might be. Certainly not ruling Cadwell out as a destination but perhaps not this year? Still plan on doing Oulton in November.

Be good to see you if you could spare the time?

Brett855tdi
Thursday 7th February 2013, 17:28
Should i bring the C along?

T5frankie
Thursday 7th February 2013, 18:02
Sorry no - but 42 might be. Certainly not ruling Cadwell out as a destination but perhaps not this year? Still plan on doing Oulton in November.

Be good to see you if you could spare the time?

why are you so intent in doing track days in the winter? surely there is a better chance of not raining off in the spring or summer? could come and batter you in the cosworth?

ExternalError
Thursday 7th February 2013, 18:53
ill be popping along sunday

kfc
Thursday 7th February 2013, 19:39
Im coming, and should bringing along a newbie, cant remember his user name. Meh!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 01:36
why are you so intent in doing track days in the winter? surely there is a better chance of not raining off in the spring or summer? could come and batter you in the cosworth?

Because numpty boy - they're kinda busy in the summer plus Oulton has been fine the last 2 times I ran it in March & November & that's when track-action online organises them for.

MoleT-5R
Friday 8th February 2013, 06:58
Hi Dave, are you bringing betsy along to get a couple more running in miles on the clock ?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 10:43
Yes & Erica too. Her mum's having a day off to herself.

graemewelch
Friday 8th February 2013, 16:56
is this meet far from chester. thats if a northern lad is allowed to come :-). im there for wkd. i leave on sunday but might call by if not to far out the way

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 17:43
Are you coming to HLM? If you are I have a small amount of TIG welding that needs doing?

MoleT-5R
Friday 8th February 2013, 18:30
is this meet far from chester. thats if a northern lad is allowed to come :-). im there for wkd. i leave on sunday but might call by if not to far out the way

Of course your welcome, it would be nice to meet you

Jamest5r
Friday 8th February 2013, 18:47
Are you coming to HLM? If you are I have a small amount of TIG welding that needs doing?

Dave he said he's in Chester you numpty

graemewelch
Friday 8th February 2013, 19:50

dose he have a tig set on and a weld screen. my clutch is on last legs. was slipping realy badly on way down here

claymore
Friday 8th February 2013, 20:07
Looks like I'll be in the S60 :(

MoleT-5R
Friday 8th February 2013, 21:13
Dave he said he's in Chester you numpty

James, are you popping over to say Happy Birthday to Wobbly ?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 8th February 2013, 22:29
dose he have a tig set on and a weld screen. my clutch is on last legs. was slipping realy badly on way down here

Sadly no. Still it will be fab to see you.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 9th February 2013, 10:44
Should i bring the C along?

Of course you should, have you finished wrapping it or have you stripped it all off ?

Brett855tdi
Saturday 9th February 2013, 13:12
The Camo was nice at first... but the dirt kept getting under the vinyl so i stripped it all off, some of the glue still remains tho lol
I shall be popping down (think i might be able to leave the child and mrs behind this time lol) also be nice for some sun rather than rain :/

MoleT-5R
Saturday 9th February 2013, 19:19
The Camo was nice at first... but the dirt kept getting under the vinyl so i stripped it all off, some of the glue still remains tho lol
I shall be popping down (think i might be able to leave the child and mrs behind this time lol) also be nice for some sun rather than rain :/

Bet the glue took a bit of getting off, plenty of cellulose thinners...and a good polish after? Hopefully it will be nice tomorrow and dry, got to wash the ecowagen in the morning ready for the meet

Volvostorm
Saturday 9th February 2013, 19:25
I might be there, got a bit to do to the camper, and the T5

Brett855tdi
Saturday 9th February 2013, 22:20
It took a hole bottle of sticky stuff remover to do the wing. Then the local valet guy took the task on for ten quid. He came back 3 hours later covered in glue... The car wasn't too bad lol.
The vinyl was stratader from ctn and the glue was very thick. Hopefully I will get some time tomorrow to tidy the car up... Wouldn't want to show everyone up lol

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 9th February 2013, 22:24
I will try and wash mine tomorrow if the weather allows.

850 chris
Saturday 9th February 2013, 23:16
wot about a meet nearer to gosport in hampshire

V70 Graham
Saturday 9th February 2013, 23:24
wot about a meet nearer to gosport in hampshire

There is a monthly meet 'Southern Softies' meet in Ower, keep a look out for the next one, should be posted soon.

ExternalError
Sunday 10th February 2013, 03:06
be there at about 1:30 but need to leave before 4

V70 Graham
Sunday 10th February 2013, 10:03
Plenty of pictures please

stribo
Sunday 10th February 2013, 10:10
Hope the weather's better there than it is here.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 10th February 2013, 11:25
Hope the weather's better there than it is here.

Ha Ha, its tipping it down up here, wish it was snow, its much nicer to drive in

Plenty of pictures please

Will try, but the weather is not going to help much, could be a few dull grey photo's, brightened up with some colour-full Volvo's in them (well Colin's at least..lol)

There is a monthly meet 'Southern Softies' meet in Ower, keep a look out for the next one, should be posted soon.

Hope to get to one of your meets this year, probably late spring/summer

Santa
Sunday 10th February 2013, 11:37
I'm going to try and make this. It wont be in the Volvo though.

claymore
Sunday 10th February 2013, 12:08
Will try, but the weather is not going to help much, could be a few dull grey photo's, brightened up with some colour-full Volvo's in them (well Colin's at least..lol)

Not today I'm afraid, just a boring burgundy :(

Santa
Sunday 10th February 2013, 17:38
Great to see you guys and thanks for organising Adrian :)

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 10th February 2013, 19:20
Well the weather was dreadful, but it was good to see you all & Erica & I both had a fab time. Cheers to Moley for organising & thanks too for the b'day card - very funny,

ExternalError
Sunday 10th February 2013, 19:58
Sorry I had to dash and didn't get to say bye to everyone hope none of you got caught in the snow on the way home, it was nice meeting you all and hope to see more at the next one.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 10th February 2013, 20:33
Hi Folks, thanks to everyone for the great turn out for the first meet of the year and I have already emailed RAF Cosford regarding the next meet, which will hopefully be there on either the 10th or 17th of march, thread will be up for this as soon as I hear back from Cosford.

Hears a piccy link to keep V70 Graham and a few others happy

(http://s1218.beta.photobucket.com/user/moleadrian/library/VPCUK%20Shrewsbury%20Meet%2001July2012)http://s1218.beta.photobucket.com/user/moleadrian/library/VPCUK%20Shrewsbury%2010-2-2013

Enjoy

P.s. who's trying to hide behind the burger...lol

Santa
Sunday 10th February 2013, 21:08
Hi Folks, thanks to everyone for the great turn out for the first meet of the year and I have already emailed RAF Cosford regarding the next meet, which will hopefully be there on either the 10th or 17th of march, thread will be up for this as soon as I hear back from Cosford.

Hears a piccy link to keep V70 Graham and a few others happy

(http://s1218.beta.photobucket.com/user/moleadrian/library/VPCUK%20Shrewsbury%20Meet%2001July2012)http://s1218.beta.photobucket.com/user/moleadrian/library/VPCUK%20Shrewsbury%2010-2-2013

Enjoy

P.s. who's trying to hide behind the burger...lol

Didnt quite work did it? Lol

MoleT-5R
Sunday 10th February 2013, 23:07
Didnt quite work did it? Lol

how was your pork chop, bet you had pudding after....lol

MoleT-5R
Monday 11th February 2013, 00:57
KFC just found these vid's of your car, thought you might like them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO2CCRDlbT8

your cars times where better than mine that day
one careful owner, did I hear you say, lol

who should come along and join in next time, it's great fun and not to hard on the cars

MoleT-5R
Monday 11th February 2013, 01:01
KFC here's the other, as it wouldn't let me put 2 vids up together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajYEPPKV_kQ

smithy
Monday 11th February 2013, 01:44
That was a nice day I remember being a spectator again lol.but this year I hope not too be and be a driver instead in a 140 bhp 940 .

Santa
Monday 11th February 2013, 05:31
how was your pork chop, bet you had pudding after....lol

Pork chops were very nice thankyou lol

T5frankie
Monday 11th February 2013, 09:21
KFC just found these vid's of your car, thought you might like them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO2CCRDlbT8

your cars times where better than mine that day
one careful owner, did I hear you say, lol

who should come along and join in next time, it's great fun and not to hard on the cars
that was my v70'r last ever race and it wasnt boosting right..........still won lol

T5frankie
Monday 11th February 2013, 09:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzZxqqS5gW4&list=UUn3Ddx_wFUM24qD8Yy9O2yQ&index=52

my brother driving my car, and his 2nd race ever and he still beat hamish lol

V70 Graham
Monday 11th February 2013, 09:53
Some good pictures of the meet, nice to see Dave'a car on the road again.

MoleT-5R
Monday 11th February 2013, 18:58
that was my v70'r last ever race and it wasnt boosting right..........still won lol

yet another sunny shakey super sunday, was a great day, nice and cold to start as well