PDA

View Full Version : Repair HU-803 or replace???

Liddo
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:36
My HU-803 has finally give up the ghost in the CD Changer department. I can get a replacement off Ebay OR i can
send it off for repair, with no guarantee of cost of repair or whether it can be (from Marcel on Volvoforums)!

What do you wreckon?? Leave it stuffed and get a GROM or something similar??? Or fix as the next owner might want a CD player??

p fandango
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:44
personally i've never been impressed with Volvo stereo equipment, i'd get a good quality aftermarket unit

Wobbly Dave
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:50
I have a lovely SONY A/M unit with the loom adaptor and everything. Comes with 6 CD changer & ipod lead.

You'd just need a trim adaptor. Is the 803 single DIN? I have a cupboard slot to adapt the double din from earlier cars.

V70 Graham
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:56
My HU-803 works fine, mind I only use it for the radio, I fitted a Grom unit last year, brilliant bit of kit, tbh if you don't use the CD spend the money on the Grom.

I want a T5
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:04
I would look for a good secondhand Alpine........ a 7893R is a peach and can be had for around £75. Add to that a decent single din conversion kit and you will have a top class head unit with a powerful internal amp and all sorts of tricks such as parametric EQ and time allignment.

I ran one for a while with the OE speakers and it was pretty darn good. Its a little different now but still using the Alpine as the source.

Liddo
Monday 7th January 2013, 13:34
My HU-803 works fine, mind I only use it for the radio, I fitted a Grom unit last year, brilliant bit of kit, tbh if you don't use the CD spend the money on the Grom.

Which Grom??? GROM Audio IPD3?? £90 on Ebay

V70 Graham
Monday 7th January 2013, 13:40
Which Grom??? GROM Audio IPD3?? £90 on Ebay

Thats the one, ordered mine from the website :

http://www.gromaudio.com/index.html

I also fitted the bluetooth dongle for wireless streaming, works great.