PDA

View Full Version : Updated pics of the S60R

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:01
Now the car has had all its mechanical upgrades, it's was time to sort out the appearance!

I had the front end resprayed. Fitted a Viva Performance carbon fibre splitter & PPC style boot lid. Fitted some Elevate lowering springs. Then had some genuine pegs refurb'd.

I'm very pleased with the results, just need to get the windows tinted and she's all finished! (apart from the turbo upgrade in the next month!)

iancho
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:05
damn thats a nice looking motor, love the splitter! :)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:06
What turbo's going on it?

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:23
What turbo's going on it?

Its an Owen Developments hybrid 19t. Got to get shot of the KKK24, they just don't last. This 19t will take a pounding for many miles. It'll be a small upgrade in performance, should be good for 380bhp+. But the main reason is reliability and longevity.

silverhorse
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:27
Looking lovely now mate. Really distinctive.
How does it ride on the new springs?

V70 Graham
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:29
Lovely looking car you have there.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:31
Its an Owen Developments hybrid 19t. Got to get shot of the KKK24, they just don't last. This 19t will take a pounding for many miles. It'll be a small upgrade in performance, should be good for 380bhp+. But the main reason is reliability and longevity.

Lot to be said about the reliability of the 19T - 6 years I ran mine without a hitch & I sold it on at the end. Assume you've done a 2.4L engine change?

Dangerous Dave
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:31
Very nice matey

T5frankie
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:32
good work chris looking good, but as nice as the s70? i dont know

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:45
Looking lovely now mate. Really distinctive.
How does it ride on the new springs?

It's good as gold mate. Had a lot of mixed reviews on lowering springs for the R's. I spent a long time deciding between Eibach/TME/Elevate. It seems Elevate were the best (and most expensive!) choice.

From what I've heard Eibach springs make Comfort mode feel like Sport mode on standard springs. These Elevate springs don't seem to be anywhere near that harsh. I'm very pleased with them.

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:47
good work chris looking good, but as nice as the s70? i dont know

I'm with you on that, I'm not sure, it's just different I suppose. The S70 was something special that's for sure. Now mine is broken you can have the title of the nicest S70 if you like! :lol:

Liddo
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:47
Lovely looking, probably the best kit ive seen on the S60. Most look crap!

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:48
Lot to be said about the reliability of the 19T - 6 years I ran mine without a hitch & I sold it on at the end. Assume you've done a 2.4L engine change?

Yes, 2.4 now.

silverhorse
Monday 7th January 2013, 11:56
It's good as gold mate. Had a lot of mixed reviews on lowering springs for the R's. I spent a long time deciding between Eibach/TME/Elevate. It seems Elevate were the best (and most expensive!) choice.

From what I've heard Eibach springs make Comfort mode feel like Sport mode on standard springs. These Elevate springs don't seem to be anywhere near that harsh. I'm very pleased with them.

HaHa, you get what you pay for I suppose!!

I think you need to keep a supple ride in the setup as some days you just want to have a sedate cruise rather than flat out everywhere. I accidentally left my 4C in Sport and the wife came back from driving it and said I needed to take it in as there was something wrong:slap:

M-R-P
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:03
Very nice mate.
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon.

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:10
Very nice mate.
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon.

Cheers mate. Unfortunately it won't be at this months Vine meet so it'll have to be the next one, as it'll be at Tims having the turbo changed. So I'll be in the Rice Rocket most likely!

M-R-P
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:12
Cheers mate. Unfortunately it won't be at this months Vine meet so it'll have to be the next one, as it'll be at Tims having the turbo changed. So I'll be in the Rice Rocket most likely!

What about that brick you showed-up in last time? That looked like an interesting "work in progress" mainly due to the [ahem] racing slicks [ahem] on the back lol.

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:19
What about that brick you showed-up in last time? That looked like an interesting "work in progress" mainly due to the [ahem] racing slicks [ahem] on the back lol.

I may be in that yeah!

Time to out some more effort in to that project!

V70 Graham
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:33

Hopefully be done for the Rolling Road day in Feb

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:35
Hopefully be done for the Rolling Road day in Feb

I'm hoping so mate.

T5frankie
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:36

rocket? you sure? you wanna have a ride in my mates eg civic 290bhp and weighs about 900kgs lol

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:37
rocket? you sure? you wanna have a ride in my mates eg civic 290bhp and weighs about 900kgs lol

hey, leave my 230bhp alone!

T5frankie
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:38
hey, leave my 230bhp alone!

230bhp and nearly 1.4 tonnes

M-R-P
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:40
230bhp and nearly 1.4 tonnes

Bloody hell... technically, even my heavy old boat will do it in a straight line lol.

T5frankie
Monday 7th January 2013, 12:41
Bloody hell... technically, even my heavy old boat will do it in a straight line lol.

they aint quick in a straight line but brilliant in the corners

stribo
Monday 7th January 2013, 13:23
Looks great Chris, be prepared to have your ear bent at the next meet, as I have loads of questions ;)

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 14:44
Looks great Chris, be prepared to have your ear bent at the next meet, as I have loads of questions ;)

No worries mate, cheers.

LiamT4
Monday 7th January 2013, 16:23
Looks nice. For me a lot of the aftermarket stuff for these looks a bit naff, but yours looks just right.

WOODY T5
Monday 7th January 2013, 16:52
Not bad for an R

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 17:12
Not bad for an R

Thanks...I think!

claymore
Monday 7th January 2013, 17:28
Looks lovely Chris,

graemewelch
Monday 7th January 2013, 17:40
will you be getting the map tweaked to suit the turbo. im sure my turbo is on its last legs, whats it cost you if you dont mind me asking. pt me if dont want it on the forum

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 17:49
will you be getting the map tweaked to suit the turbo. im sure my turbo is on its last legs, whats it cost you if you dont mind me asking. pt me if dont want it on the forum

The turbo from Owen's is around the £1200 mark. It's supposed to be a superb piece if kit though. I know of a guy with an 850T5-R with one, and it's mind blowing. Easily 380-400bhp. Should be pretty much a straight swap, just sort out the oil and water lines I think, but I leave all that down to Tim Williams.

Not sure on the map yet. Just wait and see what it's like when the turbo is on and go from there. It already has an MTE custom map on, but the chances of getting that altered are slim to none, so probably go and see Shark Performance if I do need a remap.

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 17:51
THIS (http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/article/104/New_bolt_on_375bhp_turbo_for_Volvo_850_/) is the turbo

WOODY T5
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:04
THIS (http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/article/104/New_bolt_on_375bhp_turbo_for_Volvo_850_/) is the turboguess that is engine power 380 to 400 bhp mate

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:06
guess that is engine power 380 to 400 bhp mate

Yes

T5frankie
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:11
THIS (http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/article/104/New_bolt_on_375bhp_turbo_for_Volvo_850_/) is the turbo

you only paid 1200 for that? is that all in inc of vat etc?

Kingsford G
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:13
Nice car mate and sits just right!!!!!!

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:14
you only paid 1200 for that? is that all in inc of vat etc?

It was just a rough guesstimate. I won't know 100% until TW lets me know.

WOODY T5
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:22
It was just a rough guesstimate. I won't know 100% until TW lets me know.think owen d are at autosport show this weekend get some better info on it if your going think i will be up that way?

hothatch
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:25
Yes, 2.4 now.
Why the change of engine? I'm new here so I am supposed to ask this kind of question.:smirk:

Harvey
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:31
Very nice motor Indeed.

Kingsford G
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:32
think owen d are at autosport show this weekend get some better info on it if your going think i will be up that way?

Frankie,u need a w211 e55 to beat Woody I think.

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:33
think owen d are at autosport show this weekend get some better info on it if your going think i will be up that way?

Yeah I'm there on Sunday

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:35
Why the change of engine? I'm new here so I am supposed to ask this kind of question.:smirk:

The 2.5's suffer from split liners, the 2.4's from the later T5's are much stronger. You can shim the liners in the 2.5 to prevent it from happening, but my original engine was fuggered anyway.

hothatch
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:36
oh... How would I know if my engine was suffering from split liners?

T5frankie
Monday 7th January 2013, 18:57
Frankie,u need a w211 e55 to beat Woody I think.

i wish, when the merc goes it will be replaced with something small 2.0 renault or something

Kingsford G
Monday 7th January 2013, 19:12
i wish, when the merc goes it will be replaced with something small 2.0 renault or something
U sound like a sensible grandad now frankie I have just the right car for u.....intrested?does 40mpg in town

T5frankie
Monday 7th January 2013, 19:13
U sound like a sensible grandad now frankie I have just the right car for u.....intrested?does 40mpg in town

no thanks unless it does at least 140mph lol

volvokid
Monday 7th January 2013, 20:00
That is a bit of a beast! I'm sure I would love the body mods better in the flesh, it's certainly much better than what most of the Yanks fit to there bumpers.

Harvey
Monday 7th January 2013, 20:09
oh... How would I know if my engine was suffering from split liners?

You would be Losing water in the coolant system, Almost the same as the head gasket going the symptoms are the same, But costs a whole lot more to fix

Al115
Monday 7th January 2013, 20:36
LOL!

Car looks nice Chris.

MIKESC70T5
Monday 7th January 2013, 21:09
Blimey Chris that looks lovely. Time flies haven't seen you in ages and didn't even know you had an s60r. Can't remember his user name, but the guy who is a heart surgeon with the very powerful s60r, was it his that tempted you into ownership? Do you hear from Warren anymore?

Jimmie
Monday 7th January 2013, 21:11
Nice motor now Chris totally transformed but at a wallet emptying price.
I'll bet you wish you had never seen it seeing that it was supposed to be basically in A1 condition.
Did you get receipts for work done at the local dealer and elsewhere?

graemewelch
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 12:51
hows the motor drive with the new turbo

S70T5Chris
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 14:15
hows the motor drive with the new turbo

It's superb mate. I'm so pleased with it. It's a decent little turbo they've come up with at Owen Developments. It's hits 1.4 bar and holds it all the way to 7k. It would happily run 1.7bar, but as it is it's nice and sensible, low intake temps, nothing is straining, it's a nice quick, reliable set up now. Surprised how much of an improvement it actually is over the KKK, whether the dyno figures show that I don't know, but the difference on the road is quite impressive. Which is a bonus really, the main reason for going down this route was reliability over the K24.

martybelfastt5
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 14:42
looking good chris and you have kept the s70 theme

graemewelch
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 14:44
im very tempted to go down this route as my turbo seals arnt as they should be. i know you didnt fit the turbo but did tim come across any complications. rolling road figures dont realy matter. like you say its how it delivers the power on the road

S70T5Chris
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 15:05
im very tempted to go down this route as my turbo seals arnt as they should be. i know you didnt fit the turbo but did tim come across any complications. rolling road figures dont realy matter. like you say its how it delivers the power on the road

I don't believe so mate, I think it was more or less a straight bolt on with not much faffing around, just make up new oil pipes IIRC. Best ask Tim though.

S70T5Chris
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 15:05
looking good chris and you have kept the s70 theme

Thanks mate, yeah it is a bit isn't it!

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 02:48
HaHa, you get what you pay for I suppose!!

I think you need to keep a supple ride in the setup as some days you just want to have a sedate cruise rather than flat out everywhere. I accidentally left my 4C in Sport and the wife came back from driving it and said I needed to take it in as there was something wrong:slap:

Next time she goes out in it, distract her (I don't know....lean in and give her a big kiss) and at the same time reach over and press Advanced!

Lol....then she'll have something to moan about!

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 02:50

....and folds up like a cardboard box when he spanks it in!

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 02:57
Blimey Chris that looks lovely. Time flies haven't seen you in ages and didn't even know you had an s60r. Can't remember his user name, but the guy who is a heart surgeon with the very powerful s60r, was it his that tempted you into ownership? Do you hear from Warren anymore?

You talking about Ashok? Very nice fella. He was having a new Clutch installed at MRG when i was there with Martyn a few weeks ago. Interesting fella and a Font of knowledge.

MIKESC70T5
Tuesday 5th February 2013, 08:00
You talking about Ashok? Very nice fella. He was having a new Clutch installed at MRG when i was there with Martyn a few weeks ago. Interesting fella and a Font of knowledge.

That's the guy, he is one the nicest guys along with Tim Williams. Met him a few times when MRG had there yearly open days. He was responsible for organising them and nothing was too much trouble for him. His number plate is S60 RRR iirc.