PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Pressures!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 6th October 2005, 13:29
Hi, how do u know the correct tyre pressures when you fit oversized aftermarket alloys? Is there some formula or equation or sounds to me like guesswork, any one know about mine being 235 35 19 on a S60 T5 ?

BlackBeast
Thursday 6th October 2005, 14:14
Depends on the make of tyre, but usually its around 30-35psi.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 6th October 2005, 14:20
My standard pressures were 38psi, i dont wanna be guessing, 5psi variance is quite a lot when carrying a precious cargo such as myself.

siamblue
Thursday 6th October 2005, 15:54
When i had 17s fitted i went 36 all round now on the 18s i put 36-38 in.

aeroresh
Thursday 6th October 2005, 22:29
I guess your ride has become a little "firm" eh? :sick:

I think the standard are 31 front and 30 rear which is a fair bit less then you're running. If possible its always best to keep to stock pressures regardless of size of wheel.

Im going to try it on mine and see how I get on...when I get it back that is!

S60D5
Thursday 6th October 2005, 22:52
Just play with what feels best,within reason? I run 32-33 all round on the standard 16" - a little more than standard but feels better!

siamblue
Thursday 6th October 2005, 23:52
I guess your ride has become a little "firm" eh? :sick:

I think the standard are 31 front and 30 rear which is a fair bit less then you're running. If possible its always best to keep to stock pressures regardless of size of wheel.

Im going to try it on mine and see how I get on...when I get it back that is!

Mine are firm, but i don't want to bugger a rim on a pot hole with less pressure,
The tread seems to be keeping true as well with 38 psi.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 6th October 2005, 23:58
Standard Tethys Rims - 225/45/17 i was told 38psi. It seems no one reallly knows then as your all recommending different, if anything i'm going to run more rather than less, 38 sounds ok for now, incidentally i have one of those Halfords electric compresser thingys, the plug will not fit in my S60 adapter, neither would it fit or stay in my S70 either but it works fine in my Cozzy, whats all that about then ?

siamblue
Friday 7th October 2005, 00:03
Standard Tethys Rims - 225/45/17 i was told 38psi. It seems no one reallly knows then as your all recommending different, if anything i'm going to run more rather than less, 38 sounds ok for now, incidentally i have one of those Halfords electric compresser thingys, the plug will not fit in my S60 adapter, neither would it fit or stay in my S70 either but it works fine in my Cozzy, whats all that about then ?

Maybe you have Ricer valves. Only joking,
Mine works fine with my Halfrauds air pump.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 7th October 2005, 00:56
Maybe you have Ricer valves. Only joking,
Mine works fine with my Halfrauds air pump.It's the 12volt plug that wont fit in at all never mind stay in.

aeroresh
Friday 7th October 2005, 07:06
Its written on mine on a sticker in the fuel filler cap, but like others have said best play around with what feels right....you wont be far off the mark with anything between 30 and 35 I would have thought. :B_steerin