PDA

View Full Version : Car locked itself

T5frankie
Sunday 6th January 2013, 14:12
Just been down to get the s70r washed and i stood outside as i always do and left the keys in the ignition as i always do and the bloody thing locked itself lol lucky my missus found the spare key and drove it down to me. Anyone else had this problem?

sartain87
Sunday 6th January 2013, 14:16
I did after jump starting someone, as I had no spare key cost me £130 for a locksmith he was there literally 5 minutes and most of that was filling he's paper work out. Adam the lad who had it before me had it happen to him but he somehow managed to get in. Must ask him how...

T5frankie
Sunday 6th January 2013, 14:22
you can get in the door using plastic wedge blocks and a coathanger lol, but then you can damage the door

Nealevo
Sunday 6th January 2013, 14:22
I get it all the time, once it was running whilst i was getting carpark ticket, If I close my tailgate hard it locks everything, so I'm mindful now about leaving keys in car. Glad you had a spare, as it took AA man an hour to get in :-)

sartain87
Sunday 6th January 2013, 14:26
you can get in the door using plastic wedge blocks and a coathanger lol, but then you can damage the door

That's how he got in mine, but used like a mini air bag wedged in the door and a hook!

An hour an a half it was running, good job my fan was working haha

Kingsford G
Sunday 6th January 2013, 14:36
Never trust central locking.

foammanmark
Sunday 6th January 2013, 14:37
The silver V70 T5 used to lock itself after a few minutes, but it didn't whilst the keys were in the ignition.

smithson007
Sunday 6th January 2013, 14:41
Yes mine has done it to me a few times luckily ive either had the spares to hand or the window has been down.