PDA

View Full Version : Cars playing up

Mongo
Friday 4th January 2013, 20:03
Hi all any ideas please.
Right as some of you no my volvos 360bhp and im still in the ragging stage because its not been done long.
A few saturdays ago i was driving it hard and it was fine all night on the way home about 300m from my house it started running ruff just about driving i thought either missfire or fuel problem.
Next day i pulled the spark plug cover off and there was oil half way up the leads in middle plug and the 2 to the right of it leaking from the filler cap. I cleaned all leads with brake cleaner whipped out all the plugs which are black soot and just brake cleaned them. Put em all back in then went for a drive but still a bad missfire. Today bought new leads all plugs and leads and fizzy cap are 2000miles old. After fiting new leads idles fine but when driving then stopping and initial start the revs rise 1000rpm forasecond then settle. When it comes on boost it hits the 1.6bar but just sounds like a silenced machine gun. My thoughts are clean plugs proply wire wool wet n dry and check dizzy cap.

Also oil out the cap ive replaced seal and still leaking after the 2 mile drive with missfire. Im thinking breathing issues hence the catch can post i done i renwed pcv but used silicone lines just as a bodge for the map till i get the new plastic pipes so maybe blocked hence rev rise and lack of power on boost.

What do you guys think?

smithy
Friday 4th January 2013, 22:08
It's possible because the engine is not breathing properly .if your spark plugs are black you are over fueling too .i would clean the Pfv again then run more solid pipes out to air to see if that is sorting your problem and make sure you have no kinks in the lines.also what afr are you at in boost mate

martybelfastt5
Friday 4th January 2013, 22:14
had similar happen with my first 850 2.0 20v was leaking oil from the cap drowning the plugs filling all the pours under the plug cover and even ran onto the manifold causing smoke to come in the vents..got a second hap cap didnt solve it bought a new one didnt solve it got a volvo man on the job he sorted it saying there was 2 filters in the head that where blocked causing the head to hold more oil than it should resulting in all the above he just removed them was perfect after that................

danny-R
Friday 4th January 2013, 22:22
What map are you running? Turbotuner?

Mongo
Friday 4th January 2013, 22:40
Turbo tuner ecu jamsport map.

Yea im thinking breathing issues just a nightmare wanna drive it and i cant. Going to gut the pcv lines sunday see what i find i might just bypass the pcv box into a Y peice to a catch tank the to intake.

merc85
Friday 4th January 2013, 22:50
You sure the oil is leaking external and not blowing past the rings

Saaamon
Saturday 5th January 2013, 12:28
Are you using genuine volvo PCV "kit", you sure you've cleaned the holes coming out of the block properly think the bottom one has a 90degree bend on it, been a while since I done one though.

Mongo
Sunday 6th January 2013, 15:15
Today i read some codes on the car i came up idle control valve abcent or faulty. So i removed it sprayed it with brake cleaner shook it for around 5 mins stuck it back on and went for adrive apart from the up and down idle when stoping at junctions it actualy boosted and drove brilliant. After coming back from my 10 min rag i shut it off then went to use it again got 5 mins away then juddering constantly and missfireing. Read the codes again and it said idfle control valve closed or faulty. Hopfully a new icv will solve this annoying as hell problem.

smithy
Sunday 6th January 2013, 16:07
Today i read some codes on the car i came up idle control valve abcent or faulty. So i removed it sprayed it with brake cleaner shook it for around 5 mins stuck it back on and went for adrive apart from the up and down idle when stoping at junctions it actualy boosted and drove brilliant. After coming back from my 10 min rag i shut it off then went to use it again got 5 mins away then juddering constantly and missfireing. Read the codes again and it said idfle control valve closed or faulty. Hopfully a new icv will solve this annoying as hell problem.

Good and we want to this car at a strip or track this year please.

Mongo
Sunday 6th January 2013, 16:55
Lol hope so just bin scratching me head fora few weeks hopfully found the issue now its gotta go back for the downpipe so hopfully see 380-400bhp.