PDA

View Full Version : Attempting the V70 tailgate trim fix this weekend.

foammanmark
Friday 4th January 2013, 19:21
The trim around the tailgate window on the R is very loose and vibrates like mad whilst driving. It looks to me as though all the trim has to be removed to access the window trim. Even though I don't have 7 seats, it has the internal release handle which I don't seem to be able to remove without breaking it. I've got one of those repair kits for the lower trim, but if anyone has any pointers on this subject, it would be appreciated.

MA'R'K
Friday 4th January 2013, 19:24
I kinda slides off ish...but still makes a good crack....you feel like you're gonna break it then it pops off!

Have you got the repair kit?

T5frankie
Friday 4th January 2013, 19:25
yeah glue the popper in rather that just push-clipping them in

foammanmark
Friday 4th January 2013, 19:32
I kinda slides off ish...but still makes a good crack....you feel like you're gonna break it then it pops off!

Have you got the repair kit?

There's a bit that screws off the handle, but then removing the plastic surround is what I struggle with. I've got the repair kit with the metal plates etc., but the lower trim is absolutely fine as it is now. It's just that I can't seem to remove the window trim with the lower trim still on the tailgate.

foammanmark
Friday 4th January 2013, 19:33
yeah glue the popper in rather that just push-clipping them in

Cheers for that, and I'll get the Araldite out.

nosh
Friday 4th January 2013, 23:23
good luck with that mate..

Rudeyboy18
Friday 4th January 2013, 23:34
I found it wasnt the trim rattling on mine, it was the mechanism that opens the door from the rear. I got mrs to drive with me in the boot with it all out and i isolated the prob with a bit of black tape. The trim back on with some foam underneath and clipped it all back in. Now its silent

Kingsford G
Friday 4th January 2013, 23:57
I`ll nail mine in lol well lets see what it sits like first.

foammanmark
Saturday 5th January 2013, 11:20
I found it wasnt the trim rattling on mine, it was the mechanism that opens the door from the rear. I got mrs to drive with me in the boot with it all out and i isolated the prob with a bit of black tape. The trim back on with some foam underneath and clipped it all back in. Now its silent

I had that as well where the whole tailgate vibrates, but like you, out with the insulation tape and problem cured. When I still had vibration, that's when I sussed out that the window trim is almost falling off.

foammanmark
Saturday 5th January 2013, 11:20
good luck with that mate..

Cheers Nosh. I did it on silver with no problems as the repair kits are pretty much fool proof.

nosh
Saturday 5th January 2013, 15:21
Cheers Nosh. I did it on silver with no problems as the repair kits are pretty much fool proof.

im watching this space lol...

foammanmark
Saturday 5th January 2013, 16:13
im watching this space lol...

It's great when your friends have so much confidence in you. lol

cookie
Saturday 5th January 2013, 20:39
Screw it on, just make sure they aren't to long to hit the outer door skin

foammanmark
Saturday 5th January 2013, 21:22
Screw it on, just make sure they aren't to long to hit the outer door skin

Cheers for that. I have load of self tappers that are on the short side.