PDA

View Full Version : Help help help............

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 19:02
i recently put a thread up asking what a misterious box was in under the dash..... it seemed to be a aftermarket hands free...... I did not want/need this so i ripped it out ready for my new head unit to arrive.

Well it arrived today and i went to fit it......... but NO SOUND WHATS SO EVER.................I got highly annoyed ready to email the seller and give him some §§§§.... But ive tried my other cars head unit in the V70 and there is sound.... so i tried the Suspect New Head unit in the my other car and suprise suprise it had sound.

So this has lead me to believe that the lack of sound is due to the hands free being ripped out...............??? Am i right in assuming the hands free kits are hard wired into the original head unti loom??? The hands free was thrown in the bin and bins were collected this morning....!!!! WHAT CAN I DO...........!!!! Any vpc geeks out there that know what colour wires that would of been plumbed into etc or any advice, or suggestion of what type of profession could get this sorted

Thanks

Dan

Mongo
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 19:40
Speaker wires are normaly grey and purple i dont know what colour they are in the volv but just count your speakers then check for that many wires in pairs.

T5frankie
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:12
there may be a hidden wire block you aint seen, there was in mine

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:26
Im starting to think....... What are these for??? Are they an amp lead or something??

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:29
One would be for an amp and the other for a CD changer

T5frankie
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:34
my v70r had an extra block 3 in total

PHIL V70R
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:39
as bomb192uk said amp cd changer and airel...but looks like amp one has been cut and changed sir....

shepbomb
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:41
my 850 has 3 blocks too

t5 stealth
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:42
usually the handsfree kits go between the speaker wires,
if u removed the kit then u need to connect the original wires back together,
usually the plug has been seperated to fit the handsfree kit.
it usually fits between the speaker plug to interupt it when a call comes in,it then puts sound through the car speakers.

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:44
So would my amp be powering my speakers i take it????? And i had no idea i had a cd changer lol. Have you guys had to some how incorperate the amp lead in the Aftermarket harness/headunit??

Jamest5r
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:46
Frankie's right mate stick your hand into the recess at the back and pull up the foam that is stuck down and you will find another connector this is what you need to plug into an after market stereo.

smithson007
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:46
As said before check for a 3rd block. Make sure you have the correct 2 plugs plugged into the harness adaptor because i fell for the same thing with mine once.

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:48
usually the handsfree kits go between the speaker wires,
if u removed the kit then u need to connect the original wires back together,
usually the plug has been seperated to fit the handsfree kit.
it usually fits between the speaker plug to interupt it when a call comes in,it then puts sound through the car speakers.

I thought this .... there was some DIY wiring witha small fuse box with 1 fuse in it connected to the volvo frm the hands free. So i will have now try and find it again and like you said reconnect somehow. Oh the joys. It will keep me busy i guess

PHIL V70R
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:48
just had mine out 3 blocks.....have u got the 3....

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:50
Thanks everyone, i will report back when its day light. Im so glad i joined this forum. All You guys are great

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 20:51
just had mine out 3 blocks.....have u got the 3....

I guess i will have 3.... but ive only seen 2. This i might go out now with a torch.... atleast i will sleep better instead of waiting for the morning

v70tom
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 21:32
The left one looks like. Microphone connector.
If it go to the door may ideal following it.
Could be the micro was on the door.
The other could be an first generation iPod or similar.
Looks like a Telefonica connector too.

The box you disconnected was not some cheap aftermarket amp which you could get years back from eBay for some cheap radios?

My guess is cheap amp and homemade mobile connectors.

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 23:32
You guys were all right as per usual. I reached in and looked for another connector. I pulled apart, put in the the loom and hey presto. Thanks again VPC users for being awesome

Rudeyboy18
Friday 4th January 2013, 09:21
New head unit in, fully working due to you lads

Cheers

V70 Graham
Friday 4th January 2013, 09:29
Glad your all sorted, four and a bit hours after original post, and with no cost too, don't you just love VPC :biggrin:

PHIL V70R
Friday 4th January 2013, 10:40
glad u got sorted mate......