PDA

View Full Version : starcom intercom, cables connectors adaptors ok ok it's not actually car/volvo but

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 29th December 2012, 22:09
starcom intercom cables/connectors.adaptors

Had the intercom a while it's the later digital jobby. wont go into the pros and cons of it.
But am finding the life span and quality of various cables/connecters somewhat lacking mainly the connecter and cable supplied to connect my nokia phone have had to replace them a few times since i've had the unit in paticular the short 3.5 mm jack plug to the 2.5 mm jack socket not great quality and flamin expensive for what they are.
i tracked down the genuine NOKIA adapter AD-53 much better quality much better design but sadly although i can hear people who ring me, i can hear the music on the phone but the caller cannot hear me am i doing something wrong? have starcom designed their own cables/connecters so reasonably priced stuff cannot be obtained? i found another not nokia 3.5 MM JACK PLUG TO 2.5 MM JACK SOCKET but from a company called KENNABLES again far better quality than the one that comes from starcom far cheaper but again the caller cannot hear me talk but i can hear the caller clearly. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated as i use the intercom mainly for the phone in my work. Many Thanks Gareth