PDA

View Full Version : Too much choice!

jotter22
Thursday 27th December 2012, 22:43
I am planning to give the c70 a once over as soon as the weather breaks but not sure what clay bar to buy? Its either megs smooth surface clay kit or the autoglym or mer versions.
My plan is:
1. Snow foam.
2. wash with Farecla G3 detox shampoo.
3. Clay.
4. autoglym super resin polish.
5. then finish with either Farecla super gloss paste wax or Autoglym high definition wax.

Anything you guys would do different?

Tony.

t5 pete
Thursday 27th December 2012, 22:59
I used autoglym clay and worked brill for me then auto glym HD wax and finally resin polish

jotter22
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:07
so the resin polish after the wax...i thought the wax was meant to be last! lucky you said something.
Thanks pete.
Tony.

t5 pete
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:09
no worries tony im no expert so i may have it wrong so will await for some one with more knolege to post up to see if ive been doing it the right way or the wrong way lol

jotter22
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:13
no worries tony im no expert so i may have it wrong so will await for some one with more knolege to post up to see if ive been doing it the right way or the wrong way lol

Lol so we are both sitting here now in anticipation!.
Tony.

volvokid
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:30
I just clayed the R, I have 3 types of clay all are mild, 2 are megs and the other one I dont think is available any more for some reason, I just checked and I liked that better :( !!! dam. You might think clay is clay but you do notice a difference between the brands, the one that I cant get was softer and felt easier to work with. Go for the megs started clay kit.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:37
I like the sonus clay but megs is just as good. I'd be happy to help you detail your car to give you a decent finish worth putting wax on? I have a certain level of skill and experience
with these things...

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/galleries/july_2006_CYC.htm

t5 pete
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:39
Which way is the correct way around come on you two your the boffins at detailing lol

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:49
On a full detail

pre-wash (snow-foam)
rinse
main wash
dry
clay
paint correction -
polish
polish
yet more polish (different grades & different pads - depends on top coat, car )

glaze
seal
LSP (last stage product) - Wax

t5 pete
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:51
ahhhhh so i was wrong polish then wax oh dear never mind lol

Jimmie
Thursday 27th December 2012, 23:57
If you've got too much money look at this site for advice.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-advice.html

volvokid
Friday 28th December 2012, 01:03
ahhhhh so i was wrong polish then wax oh dear never mind lol

Oh Yeah I was meaning to say that if you wax then polish, you are rremoving your wax barrier that you have just applied. Hope this helps

jotter22
Friday 28th December 2012, 08:49
pete you had better let your apprentice carry on cleaning your car mate will save you a fortune in wax! lol
Cheers for the help guys and Dave i might even take you up on that when the weather is a bit kinder thanks. ;-)

Tony.