PDA

View Full Version : rear coil springs for self level suspension

RAYMAN
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 20:18
what are the right springs for 97 v70 t5 cd and who does them appart from the stealers?

fraz13
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 20:42
Ye wont get that kinda info on this site mate :haha:

Howdy man, :welcome:

Glad ye joined us

Good luck wi that but as a said earlier ye will find out wit ye need on here ;)

RAYMAN
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 20:50
Time For A Break This Compter Talk And Walk Is Tiring My Brain Out But At Least Am Getting Started.

siamblue
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 20:56
Hi and welcome Why do you want to change the springs for? What mileage is on your car?

Gary

fraz13
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 21:24
Haha Ray its easy peasy, just get in about it lol

Gary a think the cars got 140k or so, it sits lower on 1 side than the other, think its just tired, the fact its got self leveling snookers me

A no he'll get the answers he needs off you lot ;)

siamblue
Thursday 6th October 2005, 01:14
The suspension will be tired with 140k on her, get rid of the self levellers and get some R shocks and springs,
Or just go get some Monroes and lowered springs.

RAYMAN
Thursday 6th October 2005, 21:33
as fraz13 said it is lower on one side and has 140k on her i swapped the shockers over today from one side to other to see if it it shockers or springs as i would rather get one shocker or one spring if possible as pricey items.the r springs and shocks sound like a good idea will they fit ok and not affect the handling characteristics in a bad way?? and is it a cheaper alternative.
dealer price for self level shock£193 each and spring £151 each and ouch.i cant spring anywhere else shockers 134 from euro carparts though.

siamblue
Thursday 6th October 2005, 22:10
You can get a set of lowered springs from ECP for £111 inc,

fraz13
Thursday 6th October 2005, 22:14
What about shocks as they will need changed from the self leveling ones?

Any idea on total cost, fitting isnt an issue as he'll do it himself....

BlackBeast
Thursday 6th October 2005, 22:25
Sorry for the hijack, but do all '97 V70 T5 CD's have self levelling rear suspension?

siamblue
Thursday 6th October 2005, 23:59
Rear shox won't be much not even £50 a side,

RAYMAN
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 18:37
The Car Is Still Sitting Lower On Rhs After Shock Changeover So Looks Like Worn Springs As No Cracks Or Breaks Visible.will Lower Springs Fit Onto Mountings Ok And Do I Have To Change The Self Level Shocks As Well.volvo Are Saying Stick With Original Setup
For Chassis Characteristics Surprise Surprise.

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:14
Why Are You Doing Every Word Starting With A Capital?

:troutslap

RAYMAN
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:18
i have no idea but i blame the computer!

Redbrick
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 21:03
My springs were worn after 100K and it sat crooked at the back.

If your car has self levellers (nivomats) and you want to go to normal set up then you will need standard rear shock mounts, standard springs and standard shocks.

If you have self levellers only the spring seats are interchangable with standard rear suspension.

Nivomat springs will only work with nivomat shocks.

Nivomat shocks will lift the car back up to where they should be whether you have lowered springs or not.

Does that make sense?

RAYMAN
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 20:44
that is exactly what i want to know. i.e i now know that i can replace the springs only with the original nivomats to keep it as original spec. thanks for the info. you wouldn't happen to know where to get the original nivomat springs appart from the stealers.

Redbrick
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 23:01
Glad I could help.

Maybe try Salvo or VT. I know that VT sometimes sell springs they have aquired.

They may be no better than what you have already if they are second hand.

Volvo stealers and Nordic a do 10% discount if you are a member of the Volvo Owners Club.

weasel
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 01:49
'where to get the original nivomat springs appart from the stealers'
i was quoted 40 quid a side plus vat at the dealers (850r) and 25 at eurocarparts.