PDA

View Full Version : What should my R boost at with stock ecu?

foammanmark
Saturday 22nd December 2012, 20:45
Finally got the boost gauge fitted to my 98 V70 R, and it's boosting at 10.5-11 psi with the stock ecu. This is car the which recently underboosted at 0.4 bar/5.8psi at the Wakefield RR day with another ecu fitted, so I wondered what it should be boosting at please?

phil850t5
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 00:57
Finally got the boost gauge fitted to my 98 V70 R, and it's boosting at 10.5-11 psi with the stock ecu. This is car the which recently underboosted at 0.4 bar/5.8psi at the Wakefield RR day with another ecu fitted, so I wondered what it should be boosting at please?

As yours is an auto it should spike to about 12-13psi on gearchanges and then go back down to 10psi

Jamest5r
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 00:59
As yours is an auto it should spike to about 12-13psi on gearchanges and then go back down to 10psi

Its a manual

Jamest5r
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 01:02

That sound's about right mate, but ill tell you now ive seen the other ecu in Siamblue's car on the strip at Avon and in Frankie's car as well so it's not the ecu that's at fault if your going down that road again.

Jamest5r
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 01:33
Sorry bit slow this morning what's the "other" ecu boosting to? just for the comparison

Santa
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 08:22
Sorry bit slow this morning what's the "other" ecu boosting to? just for the comparison

Slow this morning? I aint suprised

Jimmie
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 09:33
That sound's about right mate, but ill tell you now ive seen the other ecu in Siamblue's car on the strip at Avon and in Frankie's car as well so it's not the ecu that's at fault if your going down that road again.

It was just a question and you answered it.lol

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 09:57
Sounds about right. 10-12psi. And 7-8 psi in first gear due to it being limited.

foammanmark
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 11:56

Thanks for the reply, and all I wanted to know is if she' boosting OK with the standard ecu, which I think she is. I've not done anything to her except go back to the standard ecu, but it's great to now know that I don't have a boost issue.

p fandango
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 11:58
what actuator was the remapped ecu written for, if this is different to your one that could account for the boost variation

foammanmark
Sunday 23rd December 2012, 11:59

The car boosted at 0.4 bar/5.8psi at the Wakefield RR day, before going back to standard.