PDA

View Full Version : Who's running thicker sway bars

t5 pete
Friday 21st December 2012, 17:47
Gunner be dropping the engine out of the 850 jan/feb so minds well fabricate one up but what are your opinions on them any pros or cons

Wobbly Dave
Friday 21st December 2012, 21:31
I've been running the IPD setup for a few years & its about the only bit of kit they sell that I would rate.

t5 pete
Friday 21st December 2012, 22:20
Cheers wobbly so your happy with them did you notice any heavier steering when fitted

Wobbly Dave
Friday 21st December 2012, 22:31
The quality & wear on the shocks will have much more profound effect. The thicker ARBs were just the icing on the cake - but no I didnt find the steering any heavier.

nottsgreent5
Saturday 22nd December 2012, 06:20
i know a guy thats got front and rear forsale p.m me if intrested mate

jardon
Saturday 22nd December 2012, 12:22
On my car I found the front 25mm front bar reduced traction and got the inside wheel spinning with the slightest provocation. The rear 22mm IPD bar is good but the bushes have gone after 40k so I need to sort that out. It depends what you want to achieve - for ultimate flat cornering (not necessarily fastest cornering) then go chunky front and rear. For best traction just uprate the rear - this works well on road and is great for me on wet gravelly lanes etc but at high speed you may notice the front end can wallow a bit. I have stiffish coilovers so front end not an issue. I'd like the Ultraracing 25mm rear bar. I run the stock front bar in summer and no front bar in winter (droplink disconnected).

smithy
Saturday 22nd December 2012, 13:30
I have 25mm ipd bars front and rear with adjustable drop links ive heard that on a 940 they are a good mod so we will see on a track next year