PDA

View Full Version : Terraclean Leeds

WATCHMAN
Thursday 20th December 2012, 14:39
Had the Terraclean (http://www.terraclean.co.uk/) done on my P2 V70 T5 this morning.
At New Family Autos (http://www.newfamilyautos-leeds.co.uk/), Low Road in Leeds.

What a difference!!!!!!

The lumpy idle is gone.
The throttle response has improved a lot.
Smoother and more direct overall.
Feels like a new car.

It took a while for the guy to disconnect the fuel pipe in front of the fuel rail, but after that it was plain sailing.
So just over 2 hours.

Emissions before:
Fast Idle
CO 0.10%
HC 51ppm
Lambda 1.015

Slow Idle
CO 0.05%

Emissions after:
Fast Idle
CO 0.02%
HC 1ppm
Lambda 1.013

Slow Idle
CO 0.00%

Cost was £90 (£70 for smaller engines).

M-R-P
Thursday 20th December 2012, 14:41
That's a big difference, You'll have to let us know what she's like on fuel now, after a few runs.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 20th December 2012, 19:40
Looks like a good result..

I was going to post up, but there is a mobile Terraclean rep based in Surrey if people are interested I'll make up a thread..

V70 Graham
Thursday 20th December 2012, 19:45
Still very pleased with how mines running, will probably have it done again in the Spring, MPG is still up too, mind that might be my driving ! :eclipsee_

LeeT5
Friday 21st December 2012, 02:20
Still very pleased with how mines running, will probably have it done again in the Spring, MPG is still up too, mind that might be my driving ! :eclipsee_

Me too. Had mine done earlier in the year. Massive improvement! Gonna get her done again after Christmas.

Rhys
Monday 24th December 2012, 12:27
Might be worth a visit in the new year, needs a service anyway.

jdavis
Monday 24th December 2012, 23:15
What is it?

JimmyBurnWorld
Tuesday 25th December 2012, 06:54
What is it?

To save me writing another one of my essays again, heres a link (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?47937-D5-Terraclean) to a thread on the diesel version. The petrol is the same process, different chemical.

jdavis
Wednesday 26th December 2012, 13:47
Thanks. How much is it to have done roughly? Sounds good.

spacca
Friday 4th January 2013, 10:44
Having mine done next Monday at Grease Junkies in Bracknell.
It's owned by Ed China ( the tall chap from Wheeler Dealers).
Will keep you posted.

WATCHMAN
Friday 15th February 2013, 16:29
3mpg improvement over the last month or so.

I had my mate's 1993 850 done and he noticed big improvements in power, although now his Lambda light is on!

I also took 2 diesels down there, and these had the biggest improvements in performance and fuel consumption.

They're now giving me a discount!

JimmyBurnWorld
Sunday 17th February 2013, 12:13
The fuel consumption increases you are seeing; are they calculated litres in vs mileage or are you going on your trip computer? After I had my D5 done, my trip computer has been showing a reasonable increase in economy, however the real world figures show a negligible increase.

stevmo
Sunday 17th February 2013, 14:09
Having mine done next Monday at Grease Junkies in Bracknell.
It's owned by Ed China ( the tall chap from Wheeler Dealers).
Will keep you posted.

I'll have to look them up - I live in bracknell :D
See what it does to my 2.0T