PDA

View Full Version : 855 t5 What to do??

merc85
Sunday 16th December 2012, 18:00
Well had the car given a complete check over this weekend by a Pukka auto electrician/mechanic who scoped it, as im still having issues when cold starting it the car can take upto 10 cranks to fire and this is because when cold the coil doesnt put out any spark whats ever for the 1st few cranks?

Starter, Alternator, Battery, detonation and performance of the cylinder's, Injector's, coils Crank and cam were all checked over and came back fine.

One thing that came back a little strange was the grounding of the Ecu just before ignition. The switch inside the ecu seems to loose it's ground al little just before creating a spark, But my friends car s70r also done this not quite as much but was still doing the same.

I really don't think this is whats causing the long time it takes to crank the engine over before starting and he and i have run out of idea's.
I'm trying the Gul's ecu in it tomorrow morning as that always starts 1st time. So that will eliminate the Ecu.

So dont know what todo with her now but am getting fed up with her. Gave her wash after a run to try and inspire myself to love her again

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk273/gavinkizzy/bigred4_zps8e387d44.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk273/gavinkizzy/bigred3_zpsb86bc988.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk273/gavinkizzy/bigred2_zpsb5dad6f8.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk273/gavinkizzy/bigred5_zpsd4be4678.jpg

Other than the cold start issue she runs 100% any advice much apreciated

claymore
Sunday 16th December 2012, 18:04
I don't know what the answer is, but JamesT5R used to be the same,

merc85
Sunday 16th December 2012, 18:11

Cant even be a character of this particular engine, although cant remeber what it was like in my auto. As soon as it spark she starts straight away, Live with it or scrap it is my only choices by the looks of things :(

t5 pete
Sunday 16th December 2012, 18:16
Did it used to do the before you took the engine out merc? if so there is a good chance some thing has been knocked crushed etc i once had a car that i was breaking that had a front end knock which wouldnt start while messing about i found the front bit of the loom had been crushed which caused a few wires to short to each other smartend it up and the car ran fine untill it got broke into bits.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 16th December 2012, 18:16
See what happens with the other ECU in it. Is the T5 ecu remapped?

merc85
Sunday 16th December 2012, 18:24
The Ecu which she has, is and has always been fine in this car, my Gul's ecu is not mapped, The engine which is in this car is Not from this car, it was from my 855 t5 auto which i broke a few years ago, It had only done 125k so i Ported n Polished the Cylinder head and rebuilt the lump then fitted it along with a new gearbox to this car, This is when all the problems started. It is a electrical fault of some sort as there is NO spark when starting to crank from cold.

If a electrical tech bloke cant find the fault, ive got no chance. :(

When i put the engine in i did snagg the loom which runs across the front of the car, but it didnt come out of its casing or nowt. all looked good at the bottom of the ecu to.

Jamest5r
Sunday 16th December 2012, 18:29

Still does it sometimes but unlike Merc's mine start's 1st time everytime from cold its just throw's a wobbler when it's warm but im sure it's a fuel/mapping issue now.

However previously when i had the similar issue's i changed the auto loom for a manual one and seemed to work.

Merc, some car's are too good to break mate.

merc85
Sunday 16th December 2012, 18:35
Still does it sometimes but unlike Merc's mine start's 1st time everytime from cold its just throw's a wobbler when it's warm but im sure it's a fuel/mapping issue now.

However previously when i had the similar issue's i changed the auto loom for a manual one and seemed to work.

Merc, some car's are too good to break mate.

This ones a Manual, with a manual loom but a Auto engine. When i fitted the Gearbox it was from a later car so had to wire the abs to the cv joint so i had a speedometer, This is the only wiring i did and surly that couldnt cause this issue??

The car really is clean and i get what you are saying. Just bugs the hell out of me, just worried one of these days she wont start.

martybelfastt5
Sunday 16th December 2012, 19:56
mmmm cant help really other than tell you its looking fantastic!

T5frankie
Sunday 16th December 2012, 20:29
first dibs on the wheels lol

merc85
Sunday 16th December 2012, 21:31
first dibs on the wheels lol

Depending on what car i get next i may keep them. if not they will be for sale

LiamT4
Sunday 16th December 2012, 21:33
looks great on those comets.

Kingsford G
Sunday 16th December 2012, 23:18
Don`t know what to suggest but looks beautiful Gav.Do I take it Marks car developed the same problem too (((((?

smithy
Sunday 16th December 2012, 23:29
I would just reloom the whole car mate with a later loom from something like a p reg because the body on your car is great mate .

merc85
Monday 17th December 2012, 00:05
Don`t know what to suggest but looks beautiful Gav.Do I take it Marks car developed the same problem too (((((?

no the s70 is fine

merc85
Monday 17th December 2012, 00:06
I would just reloom the whole car mate with a later loom from something like a p reg because the body on your car is great mate .

Its finding a Good loom and not fitting a bad one tho :(

Also the later looms are different, speedometer sensors is different also obd 2 not my obd1 so sockets wont be there, She will probably be broken.

smithy
Monday 17th December 2012, 01:01
Its finding a Good loom and not fitting a bad one tho :(

Also the later looms are different, speedometer sensors is different also obd 2 not my obd1 so sockets wont be there, She will probably be broken.
I'm interested in the splitter mate if you do break her but ashame it would be though

Nealevo
Monday 17th December 2012, 01:19
Gav, with the money you will be spending on a new car and getting it the way you want, you might just aswell try and solve these issues, it's far to good to break..... Have a time out, get Christmas out the way and start again, it's bound to be something stupidly simple, ask about for a loom, half a day in the cold changing it and you'll be back in love again. There are a lot of tremendous knowledgable people on the forums, I'm sure someone can help. Just my two pence worth!!
Red is best, we all know it, even the secret haters...

Kingsford G
Monday 17th December 2012, 21:39
Gav, with the money you will be spending on a new car and getting it the way you want, you might just aswell try and solve these issues, it's far to good to break..... Have a time out, get Christmas out the way and start again, it's bound to be something stupidly simple, ask about for a loom, half a day in the cold changing it and you'll be back in love again. There are a lot of tremendous knowledgable people on the forums, I'm sure someone can help. Just my two pence worth!!
Red is best, we all know it, even the secret haters...

+1 on this one.