PDA

View Full Version : Radio

Astro
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 11:21
Hi,

i want to change the origin radio.
Mine is : http://www.ukcar.com/road_tests/volvo/Volvo.C70/small/Volvo.C70.Stereo.jpg

No CD-R reading, no MP3, no no no.
Oh yes K7 reader wow.

Does somebody know a good 2 din Radio to fitt this one ?
Thanx. ;)

fraz13
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 11:29
Does that have pro logic??

If so thats a nightmare job that I've just finished

If not its just a standard ISO connection that most radio's will plug straight in

Pioneer and Kenwood I think do Double Din Screen/DVD/Sat Nav that fit straight in

I have Alpine Screen with seperate DVD that fits well too

As for just a Radio/CD a think you need to stick to single Din with a blanking plate or cubby hole, could be wrong tho

Astro
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 12:41
unfortunatly it's a Prologic.... :slap:
Have you got a pic of yours ?

fraz13
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 13:16
I have that same set up as you then but just changed it for my TV and DVD

Al add pics when I get home

Its the fact that I had no idea what what wire was what and where it went, let me get home and I'll add more info, at work and dont have the time ;)

Astro
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 13:21
nice, thanx ;)
Could you also tell me the price?
Thanx.

fraz13
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 17:44
My screen is an Alpine CVA1004 which is about £400 at the moment was £799 when a bought it but technology is getting better, DVD is just a wee single Din at around £80

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/450x600_volvo027.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/450x600_volvo033.jpg

Kenwood DDX7025 is a Double Din Screen/DVD at around £700

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/kenwood.jpg

Think thats me next move ;)

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 17:58
These twin head units are getting a bit popular!

fraz13
Wednesday 5th October 2005, 18:31
As for the wiring....

When you remove the original headunit follow the power plug and there will be 2 plugs further back

Unclip these, 1 end of each will go to the amp which in my case was under the drivers seat (or right hand seat if your car is LHD)

The other side goes to power supply, speakers, e/aerial.......

Use this side, theres a big plug and a wee plug

A wrote colours down but used abreviations so cant remember if B was Black or Brown but this will help

Small plug first...

Front Left Door Speaker = Green/White is positive + Green/B is negative -

Front Right Door Speaker = Red/B + Red/White -

Rear Left Door and Shelf Speakers together = Brown/Black + B/White -

Rear Right Door and Shelf Speakers together = Pink/White + Pink/B -

Big Plug...

Left Dash Speaker = Red/White + Yellow/White -

Right Dash Speaker = Yellow/Grey + Grey -

Black is obviously Earth

From memory theres a thick Green wit tracer and a thick Yellow or Purple with tracer and these are power, ignition and battery but cant remember what is what

Blue is electric aerial

There is no plug that you can buy as far as I know to convert to an ISO plug

You can buy a male ISO plug with wires coming out and just wire it in to the system as I did

A few ways of doin this...

Theres choppin wires (which a would keep away from if you wanna put it back to original for selling)

Scotch Lock the ISO to the wires

Solder the ISO to the wires

Good luck with it, at least you have a head start on me, took me from 11am till around 9pm fitting it all in with tracing cables and wires

Astro
Thursday 6th October 2005, 20:59
Thanx.
I hope this will help me...

fraz13
Thursday 6th October 2005, 22:12
It should, I had to take off door panels to test the speakers with a battery to see which was + and -

with the knowlege I've given above you dont need to take anything apart bar the radio out and play with the wires

If a started with what I know now it wouldnt have taken any more than 2 hours Max....

Good luck ;)

Col44
Saturday 8th October 2005, 09:07
fraz13.....or anyone, do you have any idea which colour goes to which pin :jaw: big ask i know.My problem is i have only the 2 front door speakers working, on yanking the h/unit out i discovered most of the wires on the wee plug had just been crudely soldered together (ex police) and not connected to anything in particular :slap:
ta much for any help :wtf:
Colin

fraz13
Saturday 8th October 2005, 10:07
Colin yer not far away from me, am just nxt to Glasgow airport, geez a shout and al give ye a hand mate

V70Man
Saturday 8th October 2005, 13:32
On the same topic, has anyone fitted an aftermarket radio to a Phase 2 V70? If so where did you get the shroud from, and is it 1 or 2 din? I know Halfords sell all sorts for various cars which you can order, but I just thought I'd check here first.

Col44
Saturday 8th October 2005, 23:26
Sent ye a PM fraz

V70Man
Sunday 9th October 2005, 02:37
On the same topic, has anyone fitted an aftermarket radio to a Phase 2 V70? If so where did you get the shroud from, and is it 1 or 2 din? I know Halfords sell all sorts for various cars which you can order, but I just thought I'd check here first.

Ok I found one on the net:

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/Shopping/view_product.php?product=FP-10-04

Only problem is I would lose my one and only cup holder :slap: